Deleted

Idea for Mortal Coil

My proposed idea is that in addition to its current effect, Mortal Coil can now be used on friendly targets, healing them for 15% of their maximum health and will trigger a 3 second horrify on the next spell/ melee attack made to them by an enemy target.

This is by no means groundbreaking, but hopefully more mildly interesting to some. I don't think it would be overpowered in PvP and will have its own niche in certain PvE situations.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc2b50e870f2; 2013-08-01 at 05:17 AM.

Interesting idea, though i am not sure i would use it any different that i am already doing if this was implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be kind of neat. You could make it a little more offensive i suppose. But i agree with Lysakers that i wouldn't change how i have always used MC.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Even if GC wants to cut back on our raid utility, I rather like the idea. It would make MC even more attractive for that talent tier in PVE than it already is but I think I'd rather have MC baseline than HoT anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really see the logic behind it. It would make sense if you could use it on other Warlocks, but other classes? Not really.
    Also, how useful would it be? It has a cooldown and you're sacrificing a GCD that could've been used to dps. There are healer classes in the game after all.

I suppose it could save someones life on rare occasions, but nothing more really.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I dont really see the logic behind it. It would make sense if you could use it on other Warlocks, but other classes? Not really.
    Also, how useful would it be? It has a cooldown and you're sacrificing a GCD that could've been used to dps. There are healer classes in the game after all.

I suppose it could save someones life on rare occasions, but nothing more really.
    Indeed, and it would be really strong in PvP as well. Locks already have absurd utility in arenas (healthstones, gateway, hardest class to kill, etc.) they really don't need this, would be completely over the top and make killing things even harder when the other team has a lock. And with healthstones/gateway it's already pretty hard for some classes.

As much as I love my warlock, warlocks should never heal others, healthstone is more than enough. I mean, c'mon, we're evil and we don't care other's fate. Healing is for healing classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

Not everyone stands in front of a raid boss and pewpew's. I believe the OP was refering to this small little thang in wow called PvP. (or so I am assuming cause you cant horrify a boss)
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    As much as I love my warlock, warlocks should never heal others, healthstone is more than enough. I mean, c'mon, we're evil and we don't care other's fate. Healing is for healing classes.
    We heal more than any of the other pure classes.. I think that it would be fun to Toss it on an ally in an arena.. You could do it from LOS.. so effectively you can cast a fear while staying behind cover.

It would be a wicked surprise I think for someone expecting a frostbolt and receiving a horrify as well O.o
    Last edited by Ogawdspider; 2013-08-02 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?