Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Did you even read my post? I brought up only allowing coins to function in LFR so as they won't be gamechangers in normal-heroic raiding. I'm by no means trying to be elitist, more realistic. So I'm definitely not very new to raiding. The last thing that had me do something outside of raids to be competitive was in TBC, attunements and resistance gear. Oh and of course at the start of every expansion doing heroic dungeons for gear which is understandable and farming some reputations meanwhile (with tabards). I can't think of anything else after that, that had me do non-raid content to stay competitive in the raiding scene, up until MoP that is.
    How can you remain competitive without capping VP now that upgrades are in the game? And how were you capping VP before MoP just from raids? I can't recall any tier that you could max out just from raiding.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    as said here there are currently many ways to do them...

Plus blizzard don't want to have 1 thing that awards everything... like dungeons / scenarios awarding: gold + valor + rep + coins all in 1 go! So all that you do is dungeons / scenarios...
    Actually they made all dungeons being utter waste of time, scenarios are uninspired group daily in already existing environment you do day over and over for 0,001% chance to get anything. It's like they wanted to fade dungeons out of existence as they take too much resources to create, and instead we get more and more of dailies and other uninspired content like another difficulty for scenarios.

There are no other ways. Pet battles were viable, before chance to get coins from them was nerfed to oblivion. From mobs? It's like 1% chance too. Which is entirely not viable for shield-tanks and healers (especially if to consider that mobs tend to evade, and reset mid-fight in same barrens). Rares? In normal time, there is no rare up, and if there are - it's those lv90s which has so much health, it is not viable for aforementioned roles to "farm" them either.

With so many apologists of current game-breaking system, don't you see how many people agree with you that dailies are "avoidable", and thus avoid game with those dailies altogether? They are tired to argue, they saw that it is pointless, they found it is easier to agree and move on, and no wonder that game is in big decline now.

Best way to solve it, is to make you auto-gain 3 coins each week with current cap. People in Asia would have them from cash-shop. Solved. However, smth tells me that what we saw was just beginning, and coins are one of testing stones for possible cash-shop features. Introducing heart-breaking grind and then hinting about ways to avoid this grind in $-shop in close future - it isn't a new trick for 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can, what is blocking you atm? there is nothing that is only obtainable by dailies or that can't be done the way you describe!
    There are no factions in Pandaria whose reputations can be raised by mob grinding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    How can you remain competitive without capping VP now that upgrades are in the game? And how were you capping VP before MoP just from raids? I can't recall any tier that you could max out just from raiding.
    Doing all the bosses was enough IIRC, up until Firelands which made it kinda lame but you could do dungeons at least for it (I believe that's when they had introduced daily VPs for dungeons) which I don't mind particularly as they are/were super quick. When LFR came out, all that just became even easier. At least that's how I cap right now, LFR and heroic raids and really, having to cap VPs from not raids only is work enough outside of raiding to stay competitive in my opinion.

Either way, as I said I don't mind dailies, rather the concept of the coins which dragged dailies into them by making them a source of coins. Admittedly, some time ago I actually liked dailies but I got bored of them.

Plus blizzard don't want to have 1 thing that awards everything... like dungeons / scenarios awarding: gold + valor + rep + coins all in 1 go!
    You realize that dailies reward all of these things, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    You realize that dailies reward all of these things, right?
    true, and still ppl complain about them!
    but anw my point was
    Plus blizzard don't want to have 1 thing that awards everything... like dungeons / scenarios awarding: gold + valor + rep + coins all in 1 go! So all that you do is dungeons / scenarios...

They want you to do stuff in the world out there so you move out of stormwind... to kill mobs, do quests or do pet battles and collect stuff...
    dailies make you go into the world which is the objective clear objective of having dailies and barrens stuff... that is why they banked the tabards...

Did you even read my post? I brought up only allowing coins to function in LFR so as they won't be gamechangers in normal-heroic raiding. I'm by no means trying to be elitist, more realistic. So I'm definitely not very new to raiding. The last thing that had me do something outside of raids to be competitive was in TBC, attunements and resistance gear. Oh and of course at the start of every expansion doing heroic dungeons for gear which is understandable and farming some reputations meanwhile (with tabards). I can't think of anything else after that, that had me do non-raid content to stay competitive in the raiding scene, up until MoP that is.
    Yes I did... and what i read was remove the stuff i don't like from the raids i do (normal/hcs) and leave it on the ones i don't care cause they don't matter (LFR)...

ANW attunements and Resist gear was pretty heavy at the time... Even worse was Grabbing world buffs, pots and flasks... they were "free" as they are now... Even cataclysm fish feasts were harder to get... you had to farm valor or badges form most of the last expansions! there was always gear that felt necessary here and there that required you to do wok outside of dungeons... even farming raids by itself...
    tabards were only introduced in LK...
    well on my guild we encourage ppl to have raid geared alts to replace and improve setup, and split raid farming... Don't think there is anything more grinding than this.
    the fact that you need to clear every raid every week after you done it once is a huge grind by itself... you can also ignore it but you'll not be as competitive for the next tier...

I honestly think all pales in comparison to the 20-30 mins i take every week to get my 50 coins...

In any case for 10 Man coins are very relevant, IMO more than for 25M, since you only 2 rewards/week from a boss and is very common for some loot to never drop for a guild... This extra chance tied to you spec has made a huge difference to our group!
    So your suggestion to remove coins from normal and HCs is pretty lame, especially just because you can't be bothered 30 mins/week getting them...

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    There are no factions in Pandaria whose reputations can be raised by mob grinding.
    what? factions? why do you need them? anw Klaxxi comes to mind, since the nerf its quite nice... cloud serpents too...
    anw you can run instances which is a grinding of mobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Actually they made all dungeons being utter waste of time, scenarios are uninspired group daily in already existing environment you do day over and over for 0,001% chance to get anything. It's like they wanted to fade dungeons out of existence as they take too much resources to create, and instead we get more and more of dailies and other uninspired content like another difficulty for scenarios.
    I can agree with you here
    There are no other ways. Pet battles were viable, before chance to get coins from them was nerfed to oblivion. From mobs? It's like 1% chance too. Which is entirely not viable for shield-tanks and healers (especially if to consider that mobs tend to evade, and reset mid-fight in same barrens). Rares? In normal time, there is no rare up, and if there are - it's those lv90s which has so much health, it is not viable for aforementioned roles to "farm" them either.
    I get ALOT of coins from mobs on pandaria and i don't even do barrens! I do find it more boring than dalies... and shield-tanks what? there isn't anything better to farms mobs than tanks... and healers? they can have offspects too...

With so many apologists of current game-breaking system, don't you see how many people agree with you that dailies are "avoidable", and thus avoid game with those dailies altogether? They are tired to argue, they saw that it is pointless, they found it is easier to agree and move on, and no wonder that game is in big decline now.
    arguing is different from whining... and blizzard has made a LOT of changes in response to the complains...
    My point is the same as OP. after all these changes, how can ppl still complain? It only serves to prove that what ppl really want is the stuff on their mails with no effort...

Best way to solve it, is to make you auto-gain 3 coins each week with current cap.
    see...
    Last edited by elderamy; 2013-08-01 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    i have to admit i limit my dailies to a few golden lotus a week & the rest i kill rares on the isle of thunder. i can just about stomach getting 50 of the lesser charms a week, but no more.

Cause daylies are over-done inn MOP.

Thats what caused this constant whine. They should never have tough it was a good system.

Its also about seing content, maxing rep and achivements. Having all thoes things tied to daylies blows, witch is something both casuals and hard-core people like to do.

So basicly, bad design. Its not just about gear.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Yes I did... and what i read was remove the stuff i don't like from the raids i do (normal/hcs) and leave it on the ones i don't care cause they don't matter (LFR)...

ANW attunements and Resist gear was pretty heavy at the time... Even worse was Grabbing world buffs, pots and flasks... they were "free" as they are now... Even cataclysm fish feasts were harder to get... you had to farm valor or badges form most of the last expansions! there was always gear that felt necessary here and there that required you to do wok outside of dungeons... even farming raids by itself...
    tabards were only introduced in LK...
    well on my guild we encourage ppl to have raid geared alts to replace and improve setup, and split raid farming... Don't think there is anything more grinding than this.
    the fact that you need to clear every raid every week after you done it once is a huge grind by itself... you can also ignore it but you'll not be as competitive for the next tier...

I honestly think all pales in comparison to the 20-30 mins i take every week to get my 50 coins...
    I'd say remove it altogether so that no-one will need to do it, but as it stands, people like it and I don't mind that however, someone who does LFR won't feel it is mandatory though hence why I brought that up. It's not about removing it from what I like or not, it's about not making things feel compulsory.

Also, you're just repeating what I said. I said the last time I had to do something outside of raids and dungeons was TBC, which was a loooooooong time ago and was also bad design (I thought that was clear, apparently not). Tabards were introduced in LK and it was wonderful that they were. Badges and valor were also mostly capped from raids and/or dungeons easily not to mention that in LK there were no gear upgrades so badges became obsolete after a while anyway.

My guild doesn't require people to have a geared alt so I don't need to do that, not to mention I wouldn't mind; in fact I'd love RAIDING on an alt more, just not having to do non-raid content on my main and my alt as I'd have to do to as you say have a decently geared alt to improve setup.

Mostly coins.

Drop chance from grinding mobs is abysmal and I don't do pet battle (why am I forced to pokemon to raid?)

Plus they seriously destroyed catchups with dailies which led to mass quitting

dailies make you go into the world which is the objective
    Dailies made me puke and quit, so I suppose this design failed on me...

Haven't yet seen how Timeless Isle fares, but I hated Battlefield: Barrens. Domination Offensive dailies with several lore-quests were great, I want more of those.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    what we really need is to just have all the options, have a weekly, a bunch of dailies, rep from grinding mobs, more lesser charms from mobs/dungeon and scenario loot chests, make lesser charms buyable with justice (tho if theyre adding them to the store that sorta works too if you have the money for it?)

but basically, we just need more options, larger patches between raid patches, which could include new dungeons/scenarios/dailies/weekly's as well as new zones where these sorts of things (rep, charms, etc) can be farmed, ala isle of giants

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post
    what we really need is to just have all the options, have a weekly, a bunch of dailies, rep from grinding mobs, more lesser charms from mobs/dungeon and scenario loot chests, make lesser charms buyable with justice (tho if theyre adding them to the store that sorta works too if you have the money for it?)

but basically, we just need more options, larger patches between raid patches, which could include new dungeons/scenarios/dailies/weekly's as well as new zones where these sorts of things (rep, charms, etc) can be farmed, ala isle of giants
    I approve except adding them for real money. That would solve all the problems for me and like-minded people. While I'd do my dungeons to cap my VP (rather than LFR) I'd grab coins too and I'll be a happy troll (the race, not the forum troll :<).

Deleted
    I personnaly like daily quests, and I would like to see more like the 5.1 ones. Mixed with a bit of battlefield Barrens for more options to complete the objectives.

Anyway, I saw in this thread people saying they want to be competitive in raid without doing anything else than raiding normal/heroic content. But to be competitive, you need flasks, foods and potions, no ? Do your guilds feed you all you need ? When I was in one, you had to farm your own mats, gold to repair and all. Mats don't drop in raids... Gold don't in a sufficient quantity either...

To be competitive you ALWAYS had to farm outside of raids, one way or another. With the new drops on lvl90 monsters, coins in pet battle whatever your level (yes they drop fairly easily) and thunder isle rares, you get quickly to 50 with enough gold to pay your repairs and to buy your pots. And you just need to do it once a week... to get 3 more rolls on stuff you hadn't before... Isn't it a small price to pay compared to when you just had fixed 2/5 items on the boss ?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I feel like griping over the lack of dailies in 5.3 and 5.4...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'd say remove it altogether so that no-one will need to do it, but as it stands, people like it and I don't mind that however, someone who does LFR won't feel it is mandatory though hence why I brought that up. It's not about removing it from what I like or not, it's about not making things feel compulsory.
    so lets remove from the game everything that you don't like, just because you feel like you should be doing it and you don't want to! thats your point!
    Honestly the coins were one of the best improvements to the loot system in a big while!

Also, you're just repeating what I said. I said the last time I had to do something outside of raids and dungeons was TBC, which was a loooooooong time ago and was also bad design (I thought that was clear, apparently not). Tabards were introduced in LK and it was wonderful that they were. Badges and valor were also mostly capped from raids and/or dungeons easily not to mention that in LK there were no gear upgrades so badges became obsolete after a while anyway.
    no, actually Tabards were the wost design ever... they just made reputations totally meaningless and irrelevant... there was just not point in reputations at all... No effort = no value...

My guild doesn't require people to have a geared alt so I don't need to do that, not to mention I wouldn't mind; in fact I'd love RAIDING on an alt more, just not having to do non-raid content on my main and my alt as I'd have to do to as you say have a decently geared alt to improve setup.
    See, you can avoid doing stuff! Most top guilds feel that they need alts to be competitive! your guild doesn't so avoids it!
    Nonetheless i'm sure that your guild would gear up faster if they did mixed alt runs and probably progress faster...

The point is that coins aren't required for raiding by any means, but for sure are a nice bonus to have!

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hate the "daily" system because it doesn't provide flexibility.

I'm not a constant individual. Some days I don't want to play, some days I can't have enough. A game should allow such flexibility and not constantly say:
    "Naah you have done all you can for the day!" (My answer: But I'm having fun, I want to do more!)
    or
    "Dude, you should log in and do your stuff today, can't do it tomorrow!". (My answer: But I'm not in the mood today, I do twice tomorrow.)

THAT is the gripe I have with "daily-anything".

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I still hate the "daily" system because it doesn't provide flexibility.

I'm not a constant individual. Some days I don't want to play, some days I can't have enough. A game should allow such flexibility and not constantly say:
    "Naah you have done all you can for the day!" (My answer: But I'm having fun, I want to do more!)
    or
    "Dude, you should log in and do your stuff today, can't do it tomorrow!". (My answer: But I'm not in the mood today, I do twice tomorrow.)

THAT is the gripe I have with "daily-anything".
    Totally agree

I am a weekend player and I can't log on every day and panda system just killed my progression

Bad memories.