Help our lock please!

Hello everyone,

So our guild is 6/13 H and we are currently working on Megaera. This lock is going Destruction which I don't think is what he should be doing but I also don't think it would matter what spec he is in with how he is performing.

I don't really know warlocks, the last time I played my lock was nearly a year ago.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...pes&boss=68065 = All of our Megaera wipes from last night.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...obstr/advanced - it looks like he logged out in his pvp gear, but he is like 535 ilvl

Any tips or criticism are welcome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricoxagain View Post
    Hello everyone,

So our guild is 6/13 H and we are currently working on Megaera. This lock is going Destruction which I don't think is what he should be doing but I also don't think it would matter what spec he is in with how he is performing.

I don't really know warlocks, the last time I played my lock was nearly a year ago.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...pes&boss=68065 = All of our Megaera wipes from last night.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...obstr/advanced - it looks like he logged out in his pvp gear, but he is like 535 ilvl

Any tips or criticism are welcome!
    Sorry to say your lock sucks, i do about the same or more dmg on megeara on my alt lock as demo and he is 500 ilvl without legendary meta and shitty gearing.

He should go demo he has the bis normal staff and breath and uvls, let him get a gosup or double pet and let him get glyph of imp swarm and glyph of everlasting affliction. Let him gear haste to the doom breakpoint somewhere around 8k and he should already be doing way more dmg. If he gets he hang of meta weaving on procs and gets 100% crit dooms up he should be sweet and doing enough dmg. Furthermore i think on megeara gosac is the better choice for every spec. Plus demo is by far the most fun thing to play with uvls. Let him checkout sparkuggz guide on youtube, best guide i have ever seen and really makes it easy to minmax specific fights without the headaches.

I highly doubt 500ilvl warlock to be doing above 140k dps on HC megaera 10 man. I want to see logs before I believe that.

Megaera HC is more positioning and smart movement fight than dps fight. Just quick look at your dps and I see that you are already overgearing it. Groups tend to do this boss late as even with high ilvls you cant ignore mechanics (and too high dps, desynchronize healer cds). It is terrible boss to check logs and find improvements. Unlucky ice torrents with trinket procs can devastate even best players dps.

When I look at try nr 10. It seems he can do nice dps. I think he has problems with moving. There are a lot of tries when he has crappy dps paired with TERRIBLE edps. Which leads me to conclusion that he has no idea what to do with icy torrents. He prolly moves back slowly and he has no idea how to resume dps. Sorry I dont have time to check his other logs which in my opinion would be more beneficial to helping this guy.

I haven't tried Heroic yet, but even from a Normal point of view he's got some terrible uptimes. Destruction relies heavily upon embers to do DPS, and a lot of our embers come from Rain of Fire (~30%) and a good amount from Immolate as well.
    On a Normal kill lasting 6:50, I typically manage around 60% uptime on Rain of Fire and 80% Immolate, allowing me to cast ~40 Chaos Bolts. Loknes is about half that.

If you want his damage to improve, he's going to have to work on his uptimes or switch specs.

One quick tip on Rain of Fire: If you have Red/Blue or Green/Blue active, you can place RoF between them and it hits both. Double ember generation, as compared to only hitting one head.
    Last edited by Alaira; 2013-08-01 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    I highly doubt 500ilvl warlock to be doing above 140k dps on HC megaera 10 man. I want to see logs before I believe that.

Megaera HC is more positioning and smart movement fight than dps fight. Just quick look at your dps and I see that you are already overgearing it. Groups tend to do this boss late as even with high ilvls you cant ignore mechanics (and too high dps, desynchronize healer cds). It is terrible boss to check logs and find improvements. Unlucky ice torrents with trinket procs can devastate even best players dps.

When I look at try nr 10. It seems he can do nice dps. I think he has problems with moving. There are a lot of tries when he has crappy dps paired with TERRIBLE edps. Which leads me to conclusion that he has no idea what to do with icy torrents. He prolly moves back slowly and he has no idea how to resume dps. Sorry I dont have time to check his other logs which in my opinion would be more beneficial to helping this guy.
    Dont log on alts (trolololol) and have only done normal on lock, but doing 130k is very doable plus movement in 500 ilvl. Weaving into meta while kiting and demonic leap should perhaps even help your lock. Ad to this destro is from a pure dps perspective the worst spec, i reckon dps is a problem since you made this thread, for megeara. Some tries he is below 100k and to be honest that is really low, cant check out his gearing and gemming that might explain what kind of player he is. But he should be doing atleast 60k more and he would still be slacking, provided he swaps specs.

I just killed H Megaera with my group last week as Destro, Biggest issue I see is he basicly NEVER uses Shadowburn, between the adds, and the fact that you fight crap loads of heads throughout the fight it should atleast be in your top 3 damaging spells. He should also Havoc the head your not DPSing and use Incinerates/Conflags to generate additional embers. You say hes 535 Ilvl, when I did this I was about 530 Ilvl and as destro I did a bit over 170k dps, he should do better.

Deleted
    I don't know how it works in 10 man but I just throw out rain of fire on the adds with fnb immolate on them and spam chaos bolts on the correct head. Ended up with 230k dps with maybe 5 ilvls above him. Can't post logs since I've only done a few posts.

But depending on how you do it, he should just rain of fire boss head and fnb immo + rain of fire on adds and spam the shit out of heads with chaos bolts and shadowburn. I admit to doing a few fnb incinerates on that try tho

10+ Year Old Account
    He died early almost every attempt most fights he has 20%-35% active time. Im looking at attempt 10 (94% activity) his immolate uptime is 43% needs to fix that. Needs more shadowburn cleaves. Over all living seems to be his problem 85% of the time.

Deleted
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/silvermoon/veeja

1st kill was ilvl 513
    2nd kill was ilvl 518

While I am no imba player myself, as if you can see on the logs, I've only recently started raiding again, if I'm able to do that much on 25man heroic with shit gear, I think your warlock should be a lot higher. God knows if I was 535 I'd be able to output a lot more dps as destro, even moreso as demo on that fight.

tl;dr your warlock isn't that good.

Yea this warlocks stats hurts my eyes just that Gemming is just Wat.

Its not optimal for both is specs and for the amount of haste he does have + meta the amount of chaos bolts for the one fight he did decent dps was low.

Is he even using bane of havoc? I dont care if it makes the meter pad it still gives him embers + soul leech. First time i have seen someone gem completly out of socket bonuses as lock in a 10man guild especially when hes only just around the 535 ilvl.

Deleted
    The gemming is just horrible, even using mr robot should improve his stats alot. I would give him an ultimatum to step up his act, i would love to have his gear on my lock.