Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd rather see his UI at this point than the armory
    seems like a case of mismanaging runes and not having a blood shield up for the talon rakes, I'm sure having RE ins't helping with that one, tell him to make sure he has at least 2 death runes ready when the TR timer is at like 5s

if he does 2 at most like you said, unglyphed vamp blood first and glyphed IBF second with 1 or 2 DS worth of blood shield before each should be more than enough

15+ Year Old Account
    Another question I have is the following:

Is he the tank that jumps down for #1 nest? If so he will be getting a second rake just after quills. The good thing is that his infected stacks will be down at that point the bad part is if he has been using runes to keep him/her self up during quills they wont have the resoirces to stay up through the rake.

Just wondering what platforms they are going to so we can get a better grasp of what they are experiencing rake and raid dmg wise.

I highly sugest getting loggerhead and creating a wol account to start tracking your raids. The best information will come from log's and being able to see exactly what happened.
    Last edited by Odina; 2013-08-01 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know if you solved your problem, but as a DK I have no problems and I stack alot of haste. Mastery is about 200% buffed. Very little Dodge also.

DK goes to all Nests and does not go to the last upper nest with add.
    Hope this will help

Talon Rake 1 - DK - Nest#1

Talon Rake 1 - Warrior
    Talon Rake 2 - Warrior

Talon Rake 1 - DK
    Talon Rake 2 - DK - Nest#2

Talon Rake 1 - Warrior
    Talon Rake 2 - Warrior
    Talon Rake 3 - Warrior

Talon Rake 1 - DK
    Talon Rake 2 - DK
    Talon Rake 3 - DK - Nest#3

REPEAT
    /////////////////////////////
    Talon Rake 1 - Warrior
    Talon Rake 2 - Warrior

Talon Rake 1 - DK
    Talon Rake 2 - DK
    /////////////////////////////

Tips
    DKs can also use their pets to soak a stack of "talon rake" after every downdraft, but the timing has to be perfect.
    AMS can prevent infected talons also, again timing needs to be right. " Pop before she melee's you I think"
    Theres no wasting a death strike either so hammer that as much as possible, build a shield if your not tanking and mitigate some damage when you are.

Talon Rakes
    (Bone Shield used 1 min before pull)
    1st = blood shield + bone shield

2nd = blood shield + bone shield

3rd = make sure bone shield is up + unglyphed vamp blood

4th= IBF

5th= DRW + Army + Bone Shield

6th= Purgatory + Death Pact

He needs to actually use abilities based on the damage he's taking, not just when he can hit them. Just Death strike once right before talon rake, and once right after. Talon rake is on a timer, it just gets delayed by other abilities, but that's completely predictable. If you get to a 3rd talon rake, double DS right before it and use death pact right after. use a weak cooldown on the first one, a good cooldown on the second rake, and anything you have and an external on the 3rd if there is one at some point, not that there should be. but mostly just worry about actually using death strike appropriately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyshaman View Post
    One of the guilds I'm doing 10-man ToT with started heroic Ji-Kun last week and our DK tank is getting his crap pushed in. He is tanking it with a pally tank (me) and I don't have any trouble taking up to 4 stacks. I can take 5 if I need to with a cooldown. He just got destroyed on Tuesday and if it continues it's going to be hours of him dying when he only has 1 stack of the Talon Rake de-buff.

What cooldowns should he be using for Talon Rake?

Does he need to glyph a certain way for the fight?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    What probably killed him was.

Talon Rake + Infected Talons damage + Melee hit which comes in almost immediately after a Talon Rake.

I'd advise Glyph of Anti Magic Shell (100% of damage upto half of his hp and he gets runic power out of it) so he can absorb a few ticks of Infected Talons when it starts getting heavy damage wise (usually at about 3 stacks) and Glyph of Icebound Fortitude.

Whether I use a cooldown depends really on if I can get a decent blood shield up for it, If I can then I use a minor CD like VB. If I can't then I'll use glyphed IBF or a VB+Death Pact combo after the 2nd rake has landed.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2013-08-02 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyshaman View Post
    I don't have any logs from the night in question.

Armory: I don't have enough posts to link his armory but his name is Darkreverend on Arthas-US in the guild Pernicity

And to clarify, he would survive one Talon Rake fine. It was the second one, with the de-buff from the first, that would tend to kill him. If the second one didn't kill him it would drop him to 5% HP and a some other dmg would kill him within 0.5 seconds. I go to the first nest and then come up and taunt once the first Talon Rake goes off on him so he can go to the 2nd lower nest. I keep him until the 1st upper nest is about to spawn or I get a third Talon Rake on me. After that we try to keep the Talon Rakes to 2.

I will be watching the logs closely tonight but I need to know what I'm looking for first. I really don't know much of anything about DKs. So I was hoping some people with exp could tell me what he should be doing so If I don't see that I can tell him to fix it. Tuesday when he was dying all I could really say was "You have to do something man because right now it's the tanks that are preventing us from killing this.".

From what I've read today Death Strike gives him a shield so he should perform a Death Strike right before the Talon Rake. He should also have bone armor up. Outside of that I'm a little lost as to what he should be doing. I just want to make sure he can live through 2 rakes (maybe a 3rd once in a blue moon) so we can kill it tonight. Like I said I can easily take 3 rakes with just shield of the righteous.

Ok Death Strike is important. He shouldn't just do it before a Talon Rake, he should be stacking his shield up while the other tank is tanking, and then keeping it as high as possible at all times. Death Strike and Blood shield is our active mitigation, if he dies to 2 Talon Rakes, he isn't using death strike at all.

Use bone shield for the first, and third Rakes. First to keep his Blood shield high, Death Strike is Priority. Third because it will hurt. Probably IBF the 4th, and Trinket /rely on healer cooldown for the 5th (you shouldn't see a 4th if you do it right, 5 and you are massively messing up the platforms)

when I tank it, I can soak the first 2-3 with blood shield alone. I usually use bone shield on the 3rd and IBF on the 4th. If a 5th is going to happen, we have the Paladin Sac me. We almost never get a 4th. so its never an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    Talon Rakes
    (Bone Shield used 1 min before pull)
    1st = blood shield + bone shield

2nd = blood shield + bone shield

3rd = make sure bone shield is up + unglyphed vamp blood

4th= IBF

5th= DRW + Army + Bone Shield

6th= Purgatory + Death Pact
    So much overcompensation, this is insane number of stacks, but DRW (+20% parry) /ARMY (dodge+parry dmg reduction) combo is also decent.
    Purgatory / DP ... Suicide is painless. Gotta love it.
    Last edited by Concequence; 2013-08-02 at 07:41 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Deleted
    It's genuinely just about getting the swaps at the right time (2-3 stacks) and then going off to get a feather or deal with the nest guardians.

Tanked this in DPS gear with a mastery>crit>haste reforge and bugger all dodge - it's perfectly doable:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=884&e=1332

There may be gameplay issues here, I never had a problem with Heroic Ji-Kun's damage when we were progressing on it, but our Pally Tank did. The issue there was raw avoidance. He'd get 6 or 7 infected stacks sometimes between talon rakes, since he was haste/mastery and pretty much paid no attention to avoidance. Have your DK friend get DPS trinkets. Feather of Ji-Kun is an incredibly strong tanking trinket, it procs like crazy and with Fallen Crusader it can put you into the low 70s in parry at it's top. I've been using 2 dps trinkets for a while now (heroic Spark and Heroic Feather), I'm only 6/13, but at least from that PoV, the DPS trinkets are a huge help for Blood DKs, especially on mechanics like Ji-Kun's rake.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenthiel View Post
    There may be gameplay issues here, I never had a problem with Heroic Ji-Kun's damage when we were progressing on it, but our Pally Tank did. The issue there was raw avoidance. He'd get 6 or 7 infected stacks sometimes between talon rakes, since he was haste/mastery and pretty much paid no attention to avoidance. Have your DK friend get DPS trinkets. Feather of Ji-Kun is an incredibly strong tanking trinket, it procs like crazy and with Fallen Crusader it can put you into the low 70s in parry at it's top. I've been using 2 dps trinkets for a while now (heroic Spark and Heroic Feather), I'm only 6/13, but at least from that PoV, the DPS trinkets are a huge help for Blood DKs, especially on mechanics like Ji-Kun's rake.
    I sometimes have that same issue (high stacks of infected talons) as a prot paladin. The solution is unglyphed divine protection or hand of purity. Hopefully your co-tank has figured that out by now :P
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-05 at 09:47 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Have him unglyph the vamp blood, gem stamina and leave his mastery sitting above 9-10k ish if he has stamina trinkets that'd be very useful including the stamina and mastery on Use is still BiS (upgraded)