View Poll Results: Should Ghostcrawler be replaced as Lead Systems Designer?

Voters
2314. This poll is closed
  • Yes

526 22.73%
  • No

1,788 77.27%
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hope so, the guy is an arrogant piece of work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I voted Yes, replace him as Lead Systems Designer and make him the Supreme Systems Designer.
    Make him Super Kami Guru Systems Designer.

Nah, he will stay with Blizzard for a long time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    While I dont think he should lose his job (i voted the wrong choice), it'd be interesting to see what his future replacement can do that GC doesn't.
    That's basically it.

While I think the game would be better off with someone who didn't give a shit about what the most skilled 2% of players wanted, I doubt that there's anyone out there who's better at GC's job than he is. "As good," I'm sure.

Deleted
    I voted Yes, replace him as Lead Systems Designer and make him the Supreme Systems Designer.
    Fully Agree.

These guys (devs, CS and Support reps) get so much nerd rage and hate from clueless idiots on the Internet - I really appreciate and respect them for still keeping on communicating with us, even though 99.9% of the time we don't really deserve it at all.

And I appreciate the work they're all doing. So thanks guys and the OP should be ashamed of himself for starting shitty threads like this.

Why shoot the messenger?
    Whoops, sig too big

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    I hope so, the guy is an arrogant piece of work
    I hear that by and large gamers are friendly, empathetic, and super social.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note: I had to come up with the above excuse after I accidentally assumed the title to be "Should Ghostcrawler keep his job?"

I guess this thread is a pretty wholesale rejection of the OP's point.
    So many people think they know what's best for this game. I bet they are simply shocked to find out the vast majority does not agree with them.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you want him to step down...but advise the new guy....yea makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the problems WoW has been facing with diminishing numbers is a product of his work. It's a product of the MMO market maturing, changing, and adding more choices to potential WoW subscribers that have a choice to go elsewhere. Can this be pinned on him? Sure, everyone needs a scapegoat. Should it? Absolutely not. The game is incredibly stable, has lots of fun content, really awesome raiding, and I find myself, an old Rift player, logging in more and more time into WoW than before.

Deleted
    Blizzard shareholders this game is 9 year old (and we only invested minimal money into it compeer to SWTOR ) and still have 7 million player and only loses about 1 million player each year, the guy Ghostcrawler, is a fucking genius give him a wage increase, because of him the game will be very profitably in attest the next 6 year to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I dislike damn near everything he has done to this game since joining and I dislike his arrogant ass attitude.
    What is this? I don't particularly like the way WoW is going but he is always very reasoned when I read what he posts, I think you are projecting something that is not there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
    Yeah looks like he's really worrying about what's said here.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...87762016423938
    Yes, the people have spoken. He can live a while longer.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No why should he be? he nerfs my main class a lot but he is damn good at what he does, i will never understand why morons call for his job cause they got nerfed.

Moron comment not directed at you OP but at the people who want him fired whenever they get nerfed etc

Well, the title is not saying for him to get fired...... just lose his position.
    So to be honest I don't know exactly how far his influence goes, cause making a game is not something 1 person does.
    Even in the area he is responsible for, he is not the only one taking decisions but his team does; he is just leading that team.

It is quite a non-sense to blame 1 person if anything goes wrong or doesn't work out as intended.

The other thing is that Blizzard is a company which just wants to maximize profits, as all companies do.
    We are seeing a decline in subs and with this, in income for quite a while now. Since cata the subs are dropping and nearing 50% of what it was at the end of cata.
    From 12 million to 7.7 million.... and if this continues we might even get to the 50% at the end of MoP.

Well, this calls for some action.... Blizzard has to do something about this... We can't say what, cause we don't exactly know what causes this huge drop in subs.
    But something has to be done.... this also doesn't mean that GC has to be replaced..... cause I can't believe 1 man is causing this.

Deleted
    GC Haters and ragers would do well to read these GC tweets as well..

Whether you are a fan or a critic, please remember that hundreds of people work on WoW. Our structure is fairly flat and very collaborative.
    I'm fine with you blaming me for anything in the game. Just please don't forget that WoW is the product of a huge and talented team.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...92286391177217
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...92660422434816

10+ Year Old Account
    Tch poor Greg, even with my problems with some of his decisions I can't even handle being yelled at let alone thousands of butthurt, pissy, rude gamers getting on my back about something I ok'd a change on for the greater design of a ridiculously huge and complicated game.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
    Yeah looks like he's really worrying about what's said here.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...87762016423938
    Haha If there's one thing I really respect about the guy is he's got really thick skin. It's okay GC I'm not calling for your head, just think you should be demoted or move to another project for a while. WoW needs some new blood, that also goes for the other lead guys working on WoW. If anything this is good indication that people still believe that Ghostcrawler is doing a good job.

Grats on getting GC to tweet about your inane thread.

It's okay GC I'm not calling for your head, just think you should be demoted or move to another project for a while
    LOL. Well at least he can relax about getting fired now. It's just a demotion. phew! You dodged a bullet, GC! Fullmetal89 hath spoken.
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-08-02 at 03:28 PM.