Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh.... OP..... you must not have played 5.0.

Dailies were mandatory for pre-raid gear, not for coins. LFR was mandatory to get the gear to run Normal Mode, not to spend coins.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    1. It's already a few patches later, and dailies are NOT the only way to get them anymore.
    2. I guess the developpers didn't want it to "not" work. So I doubt removing it makes it work as intended by the developers. (since when are they the ones making the choices anyway?)

Deleted
    I get my charms by farming mobs & as a heroic raider I love those bonus rolls to fuck with the other dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So I guess you find "afking in shrine" the only interesting thing in wow, because you get coins by doing anything but that.
    spamming heroics/scenario's/challenge mode doesn't either, unfortunately :/

Still I go with it. Then no bonus rolls for a week, my fault, my problem.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Jaylock threads are quite (in)famous around MMO, and I noticed there have been very few of them until this week, so there may be some truth there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Jaylock threads are quite (in)famous around MMO, and I noticed there have been very few of them until this week, so there may be some truth there.
    He was banned for a really long time.

OT: If it weren't for Bonus Rolls I wouldn't have 3 of my BIS pieces currently since they've never dropped, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

This is like people bitching just so they have something to bitch about. The only people the coins affect are the people that choose to use them. This whole thread is a waste of my time to respond to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    If you really think people still do dailies you must be really confused, people who actually play the game and don't just log to raid easily have over 1000coins with no way to spend them. Not to mention the countless ways to get over 500coins per hour now.
    500 coins an hour? I usually do the TOT dailies and first batch of Golden Lotus and that's 50 in about 30 mins, but you intrigue me.. how is that? Barrens grinding?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

"I DON'T WANT TO DO DAILIES" Are you serious? dailies have been 100% optional since 5.2 I raid hc and I never do dailies. I get my coins from killing random rares I see, pet battles leveling for the celestial tournament and killing random mobs in barrerns. Just from pet battles leveling Ive gotten over 350 coins this week.

I think a lot of people had very different opinions on coins in 5.0 If you got lucky you loved them and the people with 10+ coins and no loot hated them but now I think they have worked out very nice its not just loot or nothing like it was in 5.0. Now if you roll on a boss and the upgrade is kinda meh losing a roll can be better then getting loot, Sure loot is always nice but if you lose you know next time you will have a higher chance next time to get loot on a boss you really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    but if you lose you know next time you will have a higher chance next time to get loot on a boss you really need.
    Thats not how it works...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was a great idea, then they made it even better with improved chances of winning on a roll, I used that option to win the item I needed by just using it on specific gear items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    heroic raiders won't mind to do a little hour of extra work.
    They are good in the game, they know what they are doing.

They don't even care.

You care. Only you.
    "You care. Only you."

Seriously this place has a major credibility issue on the web and as been seen as a kind of Jersey Shore of MMO forums.
    I try to help to improve it but this specimen shows that it's a hard job. "Only you?" Do you honestly believe that? You are very naive.

Gimlix, please think before you post, you are making yourself look very silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Replace bonus roll with gems/enchants and your entire post is still the same. Remove those too please, cba buying stuff to enhance my gear.
    Nothing like ruining two professions, an entire profit market and a feeling of "this piece isn't complete until (goldsink)" with a semi-quote from Ghostcrawler.

On topic, gems and enchants aren't hard, bonus roll coins aren't hard. Think everyone needs to chill out and realize these "daunting tasks" take at most a total of 10-30 minutes of our time. The biggest time sinks that are in this game is bloody valor capping and raiding, and while I don't agree that valor capping should take as much time as it does, raiding is perfect being where it is.

I don't want to go back to the days of tbc where I was farming, grinding and crafting for double the time I was actually raiding.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Who is still saying dailies are mandatory?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    I think it was a great idea, then they made it even better with improved chances of winning on a roll, I used that option to win the item I needed by just using it on specific gear items.
    that system still doesnt rly work tho, if its the "bad streak" wich they added u meant. i've still managed to get 12 coins with only gold in a row. hopefully that will get fixed and the bad streak will work properly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm not disagreeing that it is easy to obtain the coins. What I am saying is that its is a terrible feature of the game. It just fuels the entitlement issue that whining players have that they want more content and want the same things as the heroic mode raiders. Its an artificial boost to raiding that diminishes the concept of loot.
    What are you smoking? Heroic raiders stand to gain more from the coins because they get chances at heroic raid gear when they use them. The LFR player has a shot at much crappier gear! How does this fuel entitlement arguments? When I can obtain heroic loot from LFR with my bonus loot coins I'll concede that you have a point. That'll probably happen never.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    No, it's just common practice that whoever gets a bonus roll on the item they needed speaks up and lets everyone know. That way they don't have to put a bid in on the item that did drop. It's all common practice tbh and it should be everywhere I'd assume at least for higher end guilds. And if someone gets an item they had got from a bonus roll they gladly trade it to another person.

In our group if they win an item on the bonus roll they just don't roll on loot from the boss. No one has to say anything????

This is actually the first qq thread I read about the coins ..... not sure why you want it to be removed from normals and heroics.......

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Dailies were mandatory for pre-raid gear, not for coins. LFR was mandatory to get the gear to run Normal Mode, not to spend coins.

Dam I must have done it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    heroic raiders won't mind to do a little hour of extra work.
    They are good in the game, they know what they are doing.

They don't even care.

You care. Only you.
    Get out of here I hate doing every avenue of lesser charm acquisition. Hopefully I count as a heroic raider but you know I don't really enjoy anything about wow other than raiding so if this was an attempt at giving me something to do outside of raiding which already existed beforehand, well, there was a reason I didn't do it before.

Really. They don't need to add rewards to activities people don't participate in to make them feel too useful to pass up. They need to make FUN content. Content you play because you want to play and enjoy yourself not because you'd like more loot later. Crazy I know. Disregarding rewards for fun in a video game? Way too different for WoW at this point possibly. Unless turning in coins for other coins then watching an rng wheel swing and possibly crap out loot into your bags qualifies as fun. I don't know about you guys but that doesn't really sound like fun as much as it sounds like a carrot attached to a time sink. Maybe I'm crazy.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-08-02 at 12:58 PM.