Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ectothrix View Post
    This game is going F2P. There is no chance it isnt.
    When sub hit 500k to 1mil, they probably will go F2P.

Now start thinking how long will it take for them to drop to that sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokos View Post
    Do you think Blizzard should give free Blizzard Tokens to the game's subscribers? Maybe around 5 euros/dollars per month or so?
    OP, go stand in the corner. You want free stuff and suggest paying $5 for free stuff? *points to corner* When you realize this is a bad suggestion can you came back and play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Every even vaguely successful game with an in-game store system does it. If Blizzard is going to continue to expand the store, it's something they should seriously consider, especially as they move towards a model that will depend more and more on the store and eventually drop a mandatory subscription fee altogether, since that is what will (eventually, in years' time) happen.

For now though, it doesn't make sense for them to do it, because there is no non-subscriber option in WoW.
    Clear, concise and absolutely correct. When the conditions warrant it, they'll probably follow along with everyone else.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the next expansion will change the free trial for 1-20 to something that looks a lot more like free-to-play but for 1-80 or something. A hybrid model with endgame still being P2P might work for a while.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-08-01 at 09:54 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Free Blizzard Tokens or not, WoW needs some kind of Loyalty system. There is no care about long-term customers at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    SWTOR does it. I would like to see something like that. But the reason why Blizzard probably wouldn't is that you can't play without subscribing...
    However, many people just pay for one month, then go on break for few monthes, it also makes easier to get parted with game when you know that long-term dedication will yield same results as playing only on new patch days.

Honestly yeah, some kind of loyalty system would be a good thing to do.

I remember being fairly pissed off that the scroll of resurrection people got free toons and transfers and epic flying, while I got nothing and had to pay for all that stuff when I was the one that had continued playing. Their loyal players deserve better recognition than being treated like cash cows and nothing else.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think subs should get free exp boosts. The only way to validate this would be to put items of real worth on the in-game microtransaction store.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think a "loyalty program" might be a good idea. Just a simple "has been subscribed for X months receives Y" kind of thing.

Though I don't think it should actually be tied to the shop. It should be its own thing. Maybe something like you receive one loyalty token for each month subscribed and you use those tokens to purchase not just stuff like the experience boost potion or account services but stuff not available on the store like special mounts, tabards and fun items.

I'm pretty sure it would sting less having cosmetic stuff for purchase in the shop if there was a separate thing where you got to pick and choose rewards just for playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be real nice if they rewarded continual subscribers with occasional free customisation or transfer tokens or something like that, but I doubt they ever will.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    When sub hit 500k to 1mil, they probably will go F2P.

Now start thinking how long will it take for them to drop to that sub.
    Not fucking long at this rate. I have always defended wow. That was untill I quit out of boredom and joined the waves of people leaving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It would be real nice if they rewarded continual subscribers with occasional free customisation or transfer tokens or something like that, but I doubt they ever will.
    I agree. I have been playing rift since launch and they have given me lots of rewards for it. I had been playing wow from launch and have gotten nothing. Not even a "thanks for sticking around".
    Aye mate

There would be zero incentive to do so for Blizzard. What would be the point of implementing the cash shop if you got free coins for subbing? F2P games do it for subscribers because it's optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I agree. I have been playing rift since launch and they have given me lots of rewards for it. I had been playing wow from launch and have gotten nothing. Not even a "thanks for sticking around".
    Well, there's more incentive for a company to give it in games like Rift based on the business model.

Also, Blizzard has given us special pet rewards and corresponding feats of strength on their anniversaries. That might not be the kind of gift people want, but it's something so it's not really accurate to say you get nothing for longevity. The longer you're around, the more goodies you have.

I mean, I still think loyalty rewards like accruing tokens for stuff like character customisation would be a really good idea.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Is there a particular reason you all seem to think you're entitled to freebies for being subbed?, hell i've been subbed since launch myself and i don't expect anything other than what my sub is actually paid for.. you know.. the game?
    Rig Specs
    Case - Antec 1200 / CPU - I7 930 OC @ 4.10 GHz / CPU Cooling - Corsair H100
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R / Memory - 6GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz / GPU - GeForce GTX 470
    PSU Cooler Master GX 750W / Mouse - Razer Mamba / Keyboard - Razer Tarantula

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infine View Post
    Is there a particular reason you all seem to think you're entitled to freebies for being subbed?, hell i've been subbed since launch myself and i don't expect anything other than what my sub is actually paid for.. you know.. the game?
    Thinking it's a good idea != entitled.

I don't feel entitled to anything other than access to the servers for my monthly subscription. I don't expect Blizzard to shower me with free goodies. However, I still think some kind of loyalty rewards program would be good for both the community and their decreasing subscriber figures.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Why would they? it would be a loose of money of them. and " it is optinal" so no they will not do it.

Maybe entitled was the wrong word to use but i still see no need for this, yes it's something they *Could* do but i really see no positive outcomes. In fact looking at previous examples of loyalty programs it creates an elitist outlook from those receiving said bonuses - See Habbo Hotel back when gold members where introduced.
    Rig Specs
    Case - Antec 1200 / CPU - I7 930 OC @ 4.10 GHz / CPU Cooling - Corsair H100
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R / Memory - 6GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz / GPU - GeForce GTX 470
    PSU Cooler Master GX 750W / Mouse - Razer Mamba / Keyboard - Razer Tarantula

Never going to happen sorry. The pure fact that you have to sub for the game means that everyone will eventually get the store items for free, and there would be no real purpose to the store. It is there now to encourage people who already pay the sub fee to spend even more money on the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loyalty programs are not fun. I played a game that added a loyalty program. The rewards were not retroactive they only rewarded consecutive subscriptions. Loyalty should reward veteran players. Not punish them for having taken a break from the game.

The OP's idea of reward tokens is not good. It defeats the whole purpose of the store. Giving out free item shop rewards cheapens the item shop for the players willing to buy from the shop. The whole point of a store is pay extra get extra. If you can get the extra without paying then wtf.