Mastery or haste?...

I just had to make this post as I have never been more confused about fury stats. I know most guides says exp/hit - crit - str - mastery - haste.

So I tested out on the dummies with 20 min on each session to even out the rng in effect. (all the fights was exp/hit - crit - str - then the different versions). So I started off with massive hit. I got it up to 12% followed by mastery. Here I had pretty even damage around 74k constantly. burst didnt affect it so much. Then I tried mastery - haste - hit. Here I did massive burst obviously, but I ended up on 72k. I know this version is better with crit buff and other buffs and stuff, but then I tried haste - mastery - hit. And here I ended up on 82k? I think it might be the RNG toying with me, but seriously the different was huge so thats why I just have to ask here, is there any reason for my damage to be this high with haste over mastery/hit?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you ever stack more then 7,5% hit? I mean, by the love of god, why?
    It´s really simple. 7,5% hit > 7,5% exp > crit > str > mastery > haste. If you reach high amounts of crit (which will be entirely possible the next tier) mastery will surpass crit in value.
    Aside from that, low damage may be the result of bad performance. Playing Fury on a high level is rather tricky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

it has been said alot of times and will say again. training dummys are there to work out your rotation. not to see if gem x is better then gem y.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varum View Post
    So I tested out on the dummies with 20 min on each session to even out the rng in effect
    How perfectly was your rotation especially during the several burst phases? Did you have all relevant raidbuffs avaible?

Was this for arms or fury? For arms there's a huge rng factor involved when it comes to colossus proccs, for fury you were probably missing on the majorly important crit buff which would've increased your enrage uptime noticeably and thus further strengthen the power of mastery.

but seriously the different was huge so thats why I just have to ask here
    My warlock friend in nearly BiS gear toyed around with full crit gemming for the while just because we wanted to show that he needed this piece and that. The difference for him with several crit pieces and crit gemming over the more favorable haste/mastery pieces/gearing strategy was around 10k, but we're talking about over 200k dps to start with. If you can see such a huge difference with your current gearset there must be something totally off with your tests, hands down.

Ps: haste vs hit shouldn't make an impact in that dps levels with no RPPM involved
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-08-04 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    So I tested out on the dummies with 20 min on each session
    Are you sure you could maintain fully focus doing those 20 mins (40 mins for both)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Why would you ever stack more then 7,5% hit? I mean, by the love of god, why?
    It´s really simple. 7,5% hit > 7,5% exp > crit > str > mastery > haste. If you reach high amounts of crit (which will be entirely possible the next tier) mastery will surpass crit in value.
    Aside from that, low damage may be the result of bad performance. Playing Fury on a high level is rather tricky.
    RNG has decided to give me 14% hit after reforging out of hit and always to expertise. What is interesting is how the values of secondary stats have changed as I have gained more hit (which 14% is obviously far from ideal.) Anyways, at 548 ilevel and 14% hit, here are the values simcraft is throwing at me on patchwork/50k iterations:

Str: 4.59 (normalized 1.0)
    Hit: 2.45 (normalized .53)
    Crit: 3.99 (normalized .87)
    Haste: 3.35 (normalized .73)
    Mast: 3.69 (normalized .80)

I can't wrap my brain around why on earth hit would continue to have as much value as it does even at 14%. I can see why haste would gain value as you gain hit, but not how hit would stay over .5.

Deleted
    Because we tend to overexaggerate and when we say things like "crit >> ..." and it's true on paper in reality you could go for 27 (24?)% hit and still do fine on the meters, the difference between our best and worst stats and their effect on our overall dps are noticeable but not crucial. Hit helps our strongest damage source (in t15 BiS gear melee_mainhand + melee_offhand = 25% of your overall damage), with rage gain and proccing our meta.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I can see why haste would gain value as you gain hit, but not how hit would stay over .5.
    I don't. Doesn't matter if my 100 attacks are 1% faster or 1% more of my 100 attacks connects. The only noticeable gain of haste is in combination with RPPM proccs even we regulary don't talk about adding 30% haste, a noticeable increase, but areas of 3-5% due to unlucky itemisation/drops.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Because we tend to overexaggerate and when we say things like "crit >> ..." and it's true on paper in reality you could go for 27 (24?)% hit and still do fine on the meters, the difference between our best and worst stats and their effect on our overall dps are noticeable but not crucial.
    Might have different views here I suppose but going full retard with complete hit/haste gemming and reforging easily drops my dps by 40k and that is in 550+ gear and I didn't even exchange pieces to get really a lot of hit so that doesn't really qualify as some sort of exaggeration at least to me.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-08-04 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    We're talking about the second secondary stat and not crit, or? Just to make sure we are on the same page, my other post might sound a bit misleading. We can't work without a reasonable amount of crit for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    We're talking about the second secondary stat and not crit, or? Just to make sure we are on the same page, my other post might sound a bit misleading. We can't work without a reasonable amount of crit for sure.
    Oh well might have misinterpreted that as it mentions crit and follows with hit.