Disc Priest of Resto Druid for 5.4

Currently playing resto in arenas, only reached about 1850 this season so far but im undecided of what to play in 5.4.

I dunno wether to be THAT guy who rolls the best healer of the patch but are disc priests really going to be even more OP than 5.3?

Disc is likely to be strongest in 5.4, but Resto will be strong as well. What you're good at and what comp you're playing matter quite a bit as well. Don't expect a reroll to take you from an 1850 player to a 2200 player in either case though. Not intended in a dickish fashion, just saying that Resto druids aren't particularly rating limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by abaum4 View Post
    Currently playing resto in arenas, only reached about 1850 this season so far but im undecided of what to play in 5.4.

I dunno wether to be THAT guy who rolls the best healer of the patch but are disc priests really going to be even more OP than 5.3?
    Comp dependent. Both rdruids and discs will be the best healers in their respective comps. Running castercleaves (unless boomkin) = rdruid, running certain melee/caster/healer teams is also rdruid. All melee-cleaves and hunter-melee cleaves go disc, feral teams also go disc. Other melee/caster/healer teams go disc too even though these generally have more healer flexibility.

As most people are saying, Resto Druids and Disc Priests are both going to be kings in 5.4 although Resto Shamans will be strong I THINK. Resto Druids seem to do extremely well with shatterplay/god comp (rdruid/mage/spriest), rdruid/rogue/spriest, rdruid/rogue/lock or even shadowcleave. Discs work better with melee teams (in my opinion) such as Ret/Hunter/Disc, DK/Hunter/Disc, Ret/DK/Disc, Rogue/Hunter/Disc and with Hunters still doing decent damage next patch (yes readiness was removed making them weaker than they are now but they'll still be in the middle of the pile come 5.4). I think playing Disc will be playing it safe since shatterplay/god comp is better with a resto shaman, same for MLS, shadowplay, shadowcleave etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    As most people are saying, Resto Druids and Disc Priests are both going to be kings in 5.4 although Resto Shamans will be strong I THINK. Resto Druids seem to do extremely well with shatterplay/god comp (rdruid/mage/spriest), rdruid/rogue/spriest, rdruid/rogue/lock or even shadowcleave. Discs work better with melee teams (in my opinion) such as Ret/Hunter/Disc, DK/Hunter/Disc, Ret/DK/Disc, Rogue/Hunter/Disc and with Hunters still doing decent damage next patch (yes readiness was removed making them weaker than they are now but they'll still be in the middle of the pile come 5.4). I think playing Disc will be playing it safe since shatterplay/god comp is better with a resto shaman, same for MLS, shadowplay, shadowcleave etc.
    I haven't heard much ptr on rshams but looking at the notes rshams will be much worse come 5.4. Loss of totemic restoration is a huge blow to shamans in pvp, as tremor seems to be the only thing keeping shamans viable against discs and druids right now. Any team that runs a shaman in 5.4 could run a druid and be better off imo.

I'd almost go like this: Does one of your dps bring a fear? Go resto druid. Does your dps bring no fear? Go disc priest. Seems to be how people run it right now anyways.

Holy Priest > the others
    do what you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick my class threads ain't allowed. Locked