Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Woodworking /carpentary could work actually. Engineers make bolts, so why not screws and nails too? Alchemists could make glues. Scribes could make staining pigments. Blacksmiths could make saws and hammers. Enchanters could make an enchanted plank, or something to that effect. Tailors could make ummm..... sanding cloth? Lol. Stuck on that one. Jewelcrafters could make jewel studs or jewel inlays. Then they could make another gathering skill called Lumberjack to collect the raw materials. They could put Workbenches around for them to craft upon. I like the idea actually after thinking more about it. They can make bows, arrows, staves, maybe some sort of "weapon handle" that you could put an extra gem into like a belt buckle works now. If they sat down and gave it an honest thought I'm sure the creative minds working there could hash some cool ideas. Any other ideas from here?
    It's an MMO forum, not a college classroom. You might as well start trying to educate people on the total imbalance and prejudice nature of tether ball and it's complete disregard for the vertically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Assuming it uses one of the gathering professions, I'd assume something with Leather.
    Not sure what, but Herbs are used in 2 professions, Mined minerals are used in 3...

But woodworking + Player housing would be awesome.
    Like. Really awesome.
    "600 [Wood Working] LFW, can make beds and shelves!"
    And the auction house would soon look like Ikea.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Always thought pet breeding would find it's way into the game some how. Would give you a chance to craft things like those pet stones, stuff to level up pets faster, and even breed totally new pets.
    The breeding is actually a distinct possibility with the framework already there.
    Most wild pets can have a variety of breeds, basically either a balanced stat distribution or a favouring of one or two from speed, health or power.
    Each possible combination can appear twice, as male or female but for current purposes due to lack of meaning and equal results, they are not differentiated.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-03 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazur View Post
    Woodworking /carpentary could work actually. Engineers make bolts, so why not screws and nails too? Alchemists could make glues. Scribes could make staining pigments. Blacksmiths could make saws and hammers. Enchanters could make an enchanted plank, or something to that effect. Tailors could make ummm..... sanding cloth? Lol. Stuck on that one. Jewelcrafters could make jewel studs or jewel inlays. Then they could make another gathering skill called Lumberjack to collect the raw materials. They could put Workbenches around for them to craft upon. I like the idea actually after thinking more about it. They can make bows, arrows, staves, maybe some sort of "weapon handle" that you could put an extra gem into like a belt buckle works now. If they sat down and gave it an honest thought I'm sure the creative minds working there could hash some cool ideas. Any other ideas from here?
    It's actualy a good idea - i like it!
    Why not Woodworking / Carpentry? All that things and a little to add from my side - maybe Blizzard will make a Guild-Houses (just like player's house in Ultima-Online, but bigger and with benefits for the guild-members).

Resting in guild-BEDS -> twice more xp for resting there (faster lvl-up). Personal SHELF for every guild member (more storage space!) and so on....
    You can add more and more ideas to that!

Deleted
    I'm not really bothered if they do add a new profession or not. But what they should do is remake the existing ones, to make them more fun and engaging instead of just boring and tiresome.

Very doubtful we get a new profession, more likely an overhaul of existing professions, and the allowance of one gathering profession if you have 2 crafting professions (ie expansion of professions by allowing forcing people into a 3rd profession).

15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather them just expand on the professions we already have. Adding more seems like needless bloat.

I really don't feel like the game needs any more professions. Any needs we have are already being met by the existing ones.

a woodworker could make bows and staves. and chairs. we can't forget chairs. everyone needs a place to sit.

yes i agree with you.