Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    You would be surprised, both my current GF, my 2 ex GF's, 7 women I work with, 8 close female friends play WoW, and I think we counted 37 actual women in our 170 person guild.

there are far far more Female gamers than people realise.
    Any posibility that your ex-gf is free or maybe one of your co-workers and interesting in dating Wow player? If they do, I'm filling divorce papers asap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I'm curious to know how many of those female toons are actually played by real women.
    I'm female and play WoW (a lot!), but most of my characters are male. Maybe you should be wondering how many of the male toons are played by real men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol.. This thread is probably not going to end well.
    Not that many females play WoW.
    You are soooo freaking wrong in so many ways.....I am a 55 year old Grandma that beats the pants off any horde that comes near me flagged put that in your pipe and smoke it...how does it feel horde to be beat by a Grandma in battle grounds...hahaha been playing since TBC too.....

During TBC we had 9 females that raided regularly and 4 or 5 who were in the guild as casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a woman, and I play. Probably half my main's guild is composed of female players. There are plenty of us out there... it's just a lot of us just want to play the damn game without waving the 'lookit me, I'm a GIRL tee hee!' flag. You assume I'm a guy until you hear my voice on vent? Suits me just fine. Ditto for most of the gals I run with.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

I am a "real" female and I have been playing WoW with my husband since July 2006, so late Vanilla. My guild has a large number of female players; I think most or all are 30+ years old as the guild has several married or long-time couples. Two of our officers are female, and it's not uncommon to log in and find more women than guys on during off-raiding hours, even though we're not a "chick" guild, as we tend to play the most hours. That said, even in MY guild (which has, like many, experienced a lot of turnover this xpac), I can almost guarantee if I hop into vent, I'll have at least one person go, "whoa, it's a REAL girl." lmao

More often than you'd think, I strike up a conversation with another player in game, and find out THEY are married women 30+ years of age who happen to play WoW.

I used to be a rather bad-ass, hard core raider (sometimes the only female raider in my guild of the time) but gave it up and went casual mid-ICC. Got tired of being treated differently (constantly losing gear to weaker, less reliable MALE players) or having my suggestions ignored - only to have a guy say the SAME THING two seconds later, at which point it's the BEST IDEA EVER. Having to hear guys talk about "bewbs" non-stop made me nuts. I'm SOOO not a prude and actually enjoy good raunchy adult humor, but the juvenile crap makes me grind my teeth - Probably because I'm not 12, I'm a grown damn woman. These days, I'm super casual in that I don't raid, but I'm hard core in the sense that I play a ton and have (11) level 90s (my main is only ilvl 507 or 508) with maxed professions.

I play mostly female toons, but have a few male characters. I prefer female toons because they're more fun to xmog, plus, I'm female and guys tend to go all "wtf" if a strange male toon hugs them or blows them a kiss in thanks. lol

Guys might be more aware of all the women in the game if so many didn't have such an attitude if you tell them about it. Example (and this was actually a forum topic a while back) when a female player is called "Dude" and makes a comment back like, "actually, Dudette," you're apparently an attention seeking whore. I just don't happen to like being called "Dude" when I'm not one, plus, if it's after I've done something super nice, I want my gender to get the credit(!), but it's THAT common attitude that makes many women play "on the down low".

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    Statistics show 38% of wow players are Female
    that sounds about right; 3/10 in my raid team are female.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I'm curious to know how many of those female toons are actually played by real women.
    Calm down stud-muffin.

Back when we were raiding....7 out of our 25 man raid core were female (including one of our main tanks). Oddly enough, and flying in the face of 'convention' (that women 'apparently' prefer healers) only one was a healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasen Ibaraki View Post
    Or maybe they're just roleplaying being female.
    Many do, that's true. But I was only talking about the ones I knew were women for a fact. Real ID/talked on vent, etc. Not just "plays a female toon, has a girly name".

I'm no lady, thank you. I'm a tank. I'm no girl. I'm a woman.

I don't think a lot of gentlemen play WoW (outside my guild), though I know a lot of boys play it.

Terminology...

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild leader is a Woman, are main healer is a woman, and are tank is a woman
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

There are...4-5 women on the 25m raid team im on, all cool chicks.

Not to mention all the naked chicks ive seen who play wow over the 8 years of playing LOL. They exist, they arent something of myth! xD

Skype/pics lmao. They do exist! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played with way more than a lot of the people here, apparently.

However, most of them don't care to announce their gender and you would never even know it until you got in voice chat with them. Some even play male characters...not to avoid attention, but because they like the character models better.

I'm currently in a PvP/RBG guild and at least 6+ of the members are female, generally that's at least 3 in the main RBG group.

I've gotta admit though, sometimes I do get tired of when we have to bring a pug and the first thing they say when they get in the Skype call is "Wow, there are so many women in here". It's shouldn't be that surprising, really.

Probably the most "girl-ish" thing I do in my own guild chat is mock my server's biggest troll by spamming "OMG Hi guys! ^.^", but you'd have to be on the same server to get the joke. :P

i heard there were women in this thread, so i came to say

sup ladies

on topic: in my experience it's like 10% women or less. usually 1-3 in 25 man raids i've been in.

Deleted
    in my guild it seems to be about 25- 35%

15+ Year Old Account
    Judging from toon's gender isn't really.... anything. I know women with male toons, and (admittedly, in greater numbers) men with female toons.

Besides, what's going to make you trust people posting here any more than their characters gender? Additionally, many women likely don't feel the need to reveal themselves.

No one asks "How many women REALLY play fantasy football online?" heck, even other online games/MMOs don't get the question asked as much. People should really let it go with WoW too.

Unless you're hitting on someone (which is generally a no no once they make it clear it's unwelcome, regardless of gender) or interested in them in a more long-term/normal way (either you're going to trust them and also talk in other ways where it becomes clear, or you're getting "catfished" and they're going to try to hide it no matter what) it really shouldn't matter.

Do you ask people you play with their race? No? Then stop asking this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the sex of players matter at all?

Sigh, horny boys.
    Hi

I'd say like 40% of our active raiders are females - which isn't so surprising. Most of our guild is older (not teenage kids) people w/ significant others. If I weren't married, I probably would keep the fact that I was female to myself. Online stalkers are no fun :P
    I hate the seemingly widespread notion that girls/women can't play videogames or they only heal. We need a secret channel so that we can vent