Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battle healer now only 30% of the heal to others.

So, are they looking to ensure that no one uses this glyph? I mean, I could deal with it healing the most wounded person (in fact I liked that), but now its only going to heal someone for 30% of its normal heal? I mean really, its healing is low enough as is for me to not notice it. I mean, I notice my mana being gone long before the lack of any healing from this seal. Honestly, I doubt Ill be using this glyph any longer if this change remains as a protection paladin. I got a few other glyphs I have not been using while keeping this one exclusively in my book. What do you all think?

I see absolutely no reason to use it with the change to it being 30% of it's normal healing tbh, might as well just take an extra glyph that'll increase our damage now (will be based on fight of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    I see absolutely no reason to use it with the change to it being 30% of it's normal healing tbh, might as well just take an extra glyph that'll increase our damage now (will be based on fight of course).
    There isn't any reason to use it. My battle healers max heal was 40k. On average it was only healing for 8k. This was on Lei Shen N with 679k hp with food and flask. 30% of 40k is around 12k. 30% of 8k is only 2,400 hp. Yeah, those wont be noticeable at All. Most of my raid team is easily 500k hp or more. 12k won't do a thing. I mean, I really don't see the need for this nerf. Most of our "healing" as prot paladins is nothing but Sacred Sheild absorbs being counted as healing done. The heals from both insight and battle healer are really low and very minor. They don't need to be messing with it. They are just making it so no one will want this glyph.

I was getting an average or 16k on Durumu heroic last week spending the majority of the fight with 200k vengeance, SoI almost equalled my Sacred Shield healing overall but if you were to cut 70% from that it'd equal the 4 WoG's I casted during the fight.. just seems like a pitiful amount but I guess they really have made the glyph a choice like they wanted. I'll just choose not to use it.

Deleted
    well id much prefer to keep my SoI self heal....

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Not sure what else would you use even if it was nerfed further.
    Alabaster shield, avenging wrath, Divine Protection, Word of glory glyph(the one that ups your damage done after using word of glory), final wrath, concencration glyph to make it moveable like D&D, or focused shield. Brael said on heroic Durumu their heal was average 16k. If that was healing others that would be only 4.8k. One tick of aoe damage and that is gone and then some. On top of that, that would only be 4.8k to one person. That was with them at 200k vengeance. The amount of vengeance you can get is getting nerfed. If this glyph change goes live, you would be a fool to use it. 4.8k heals to the raid vs 16k heals to yourself. No contest which would win out. 4.8k = nothing.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-08-02 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    tbh going into 5.4 the only glyphs i think ill be using are:

Focused Shield
    Final Wrath
    Alabaster Shield

Never had much truck with Divine Protection glyph so have never used it, for aoe fights id have swapped Focused Shield with Battle Healer, however in 5.4 im not sure what other glyph id use instead. Perhaps Harsh Words if that playstyle pans out as being worthwhile.

Deleted
    The T16 4P and the Word of Glory glyph doesn't sounds bad, but I will have to sim it first.
    9% increase / WoG for 6 second isn't bad. It would have a fairly decent uptime too. (~ SotR uptime * 2/3 )

And there is always the odd fight which requires the Holy Wrath glyph. (Stun elementals.)
    Sometimes even glyphed DP.

Yeah, I don't get it either. No point in using the Glyph if it stays that way. No point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    The T16 4P and the Word of Glory glyph doesn't sounds bad, but I will have to sim it first.
    9% increase / WoG for 6 second isn't bad. It would have a fairly decent uptime too. (~ SotR uptime * 2/3 )

And there is always the odd fight which requires the Holy Wrath glyph. (Stun elementals.)
    Sometimes even glyphed DP.
    I always glyph DP unless its a fight with heavy magic damage like magara N. Can't say Ill be careing much for the 4pc. Ill only be using SotR and saving my 5stacks of Bastion of Glory as an emergency heal as needed. With the vengeance nerf our dps will be way lower. I suggested the Word of Glory glyph merely as a dps boost to use as a filler glyph. Id use final wrath + alabaster shield over it personally while keeping the DP glyph unless its a heavy magic damage fight.

5.4 will just see just swapping between even fewer glyphs than we currently do..

Focused Shield
    Alabaster Shield (Nerfed in 5.4 remember)
    Final Wrath
    Divine Protection

Might actually get some mileage from Double Jeopardy depending on encounter now as well, especially coupled with the new Sanctified Wrath giving double HoPo during Avenging Wrath. Really tempted to try this actually, double jeopardy, Sanc Wrath (with the 21250 haste cap we'll be practically spamming Judgment for the duration of it due to the reduced CD from haste), spam judgment between 2 targets. Will be ridiculous on any council type fight with multiple bosses; especially if they share Health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I always glyph DP unless its a fight with heavy magic damage like magara N. Can't say Ill be careing much for the 4pc. Ill only be using SotR and saving my 5stacks of Bastion of Glory as an emergency heal as needed. With the vengeance nerf our dps will be way lower. I suggested the Word of Glory glyph merely as a dps boost to use as a filler glyph. Id use final wrath + alabaster shield over it personally while keeping the DP glyph unless its a heavy magic damage fight.
    I currently only glyph DP for Dark Animus, as eating rings still hurts. Maybe for Ra-den...
    But with the Unbreakable Spirit change in 5.4 it can have some nice uptime too. (+ the new 2P bonus.)

And since our tier doesn't looks bad this tier, I might even get it. The 4P and Divine Purpose plays well actually together, so using WoG rotationally with it isn't a bad idea. But then you could probably glyph it as well. It could end up potentially as the highest DPS glyph next patch.

Yeah won't be using it either. I understand Blizzard didn't want it being so good but this more or less makes it completely useless.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I think people are still over exaggerating the effect of the vengeance nerf tbh, I mean on a fight like Heroic Durumu I reached a max of around 220k with a health pool nearing 800k raid buffed, meaning I probably just made it to the 30% marker of our 5.4 vengeance cap, all the while solo tanking a boss that isn't supposed to be solo tanked, and standing in a beam during the color blind phases sharing with only 1 other person. Really this is only going to be affecting fights like the Dark Animus zerg tactic where tanks are tanking 3 adds + boss at the start for stupid vengeance and doing 800k dps which let's be honest, is absolutely absurd for anyone to be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess that means we're running around with only 2 Major Glyphs for most fights?

Alabaster / Final Wrath + (depending on fight) Focused Shield or Divine Protection or ???

What 3rd Glyph would you guys use on a fight that has AoE and Tank-Magic-Damage-Nuke? Avenging Wrath?
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    So I guess that means we're running around with only 2 Major Glyphs for most fights?

Alabaster / Final Wrath + (depending on fight) Focused Shield or Divine Protection or ???

What 3rd Glyph would you guys use on a fight that has AoE and Tank-Magic-Damage-Nuke? Avenging Wrath?
    Focused Shield, Final Wrath, Double Jeopardy, Divine Protection (I never this though), Word of Glory, Harsh Words, Alabaster Shield.

I see us having atleast 6 glyph choices, though 2 of them are really only choices with the 4p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well tbh, I'll never use Double Jeopardy. That's just too much hazzle. It's viable vor Multi-Target fights I guess or just in the way of "I'll put it in and if its usefull, great". But I dont't think I will ever track it and game it in a way, that takes full advantage of it. I'm just too lazy I guess.

Divine Protection Glyph I hardly ever use since we got that Physical Mitigation covered fine anyway. Only when I really need it.

And Harsh Words doesn't work out with my playstyle. Never going to have / use 2p T15 (so I dont use WoG hardly at all anyways). And using it to damage instead of healing myself with 4pc t16 is too situational I guess (I'd rather use those banked bastion stacks for a quick oh-shit heal than use it to damage the boss tbh).

I guess that only leaves WoG or Double Jeopardy. Since I hardly ever WoG, DJ is probably still better even If I don't care the game it?
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-08-02 at 11:57 AM.

There will prob be fights where the new Devo aura can shine more then a dps glyph. cant say for certain tho due to no ptr for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    I think people are still over exaggerating the effect of the vengeance nerf tbh, I mean on a fight like Heroic Durumu I reached a max of around 220k with a health pool nearing 800k raid buffed, meaning I probably just made it to the 30% marker of our 5.4 vengeance cap, all the while solo tanking a boss that isn't supposed to be solo tanked, and standing in a beam during the color blind phases sharing with only 1 other person. Really this is only going to be affecting fights like the Dark Animus zerg tactic where tanks are tanking 3 adds + boss at the start for stupid vengeance and doing 800k dps which let's be honest, is absolutely absurd for anyone to be doing.
    Is it even official that we will get a vengeance nerf? Shouldn't they have introduced the nerf onto the PTR before the heroic testing?
    Maybe the /sit nerf is all we'll get after all?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's official that it will come. It's not official that its coming with 5.4

At least thats what Ghostcrawler said a while back. They are not sure they will have it ready to ship with 5.4