Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see the actual context of this first. Seems too early to pass any legit criticism of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    edit: If you're talking from a Hellscream Loyalist point of view, that's just not feasible lorewise for anyone not playing an orc, seeing as how Garrosh's policies in MoP have been blatantly racist and he repeatedly used the non-orcish races as cannon fodder to keep his ubermenschen safe, and in game mechanics it's not feasible because the player character throws his/her lot in with Vol'jin's revolution (so Blizzard doesn't need to develop a third faction of Kor'kron holdouts after Garrosh dies in Siege of Orgrimmar).
    90% of my characters are indeed Orc.

WTB player choice :'( RIP garrosh, the "Get shit done" warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No.

Because apparently we'll just be fucking owned further and further. Fist pump moment, wooo!
    Why not wait for some context before getting annoyed? It could work out pretty good.

One of those map files looks like Orgrimmar covered in Sha. Top row, 8th over from the left.
    Edit: Nevermind, closer inspection shows it's the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Why not wait for some context before getting annoyed? It could work out pretty good.
    8 years have given me little hope. Sorry.

But I'll chill and wait.

Good thing Arthas was an Alliance character during this time and not the leader of the Scourge, amirite?

We can fight about stupid shit that ultimately doesn't matter like whether or not the Alliance of today is the Alliance of Lordaeron, but anybody who pretends that the Lich King Arthas was somehow still connected to the Alliance is just completely ignorant of the story.
    what does it matter, what does all this matter? why does it matter where the story is taking place? Story is story.
    You sound like a frothing 5 year old, just complaining for the sake of complaining. Its really unhealthy to be so emotionally invested in a video game that you would actually be upset because the backstory is not happening to your liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    In all fairness since 5.3 Blizzard haven't done much to make Alliance players not feel pessimistic about their own story conclusion this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    90% of my characters are indeed Orc.

WTB player choice :'( RIP garrosh, the "Get shit done" warchief.
    You mean. Get stuff done, fuck the consequences.

In all fairness since 5.3 Blizzard haven't done much to make Alliance players not feel pessimistic about their own story this expansion.

At least to some chunk of Alliance players. Hint: I was agreeing with you so no flame.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    what does it matter, what does all this matter? why does it matter where the story is taking place? Story is story.
    You sound like a frothing 5 year old, just complaining for the sake of complaining. Its really unhealthy to be so emotionally invested in a video game that you would actually be upset because the backstory is not happening to your liking.
    What does anything matter then. This line of thinking basically leads to "Dont care about anything."

I enjoy the game, I enjoy the story, and I play the faction who has been shit on for at least 4 years now consistently. Story isn't just story. There are clear stories for each side, and sometimes people get tired of being the loser.

There are plenty of other forums for you to visit with people who don't care about this game. I'm not sure where the logic is there in coming to a WoW fansite and asking why people care about a part of WoW.

What does anything matter then.
    No. Why should it matter where the story of the game is taking place.
    Its like reading a book and getting pissed off that the story did not include what you wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Cool! I always wondered how Alliance will suddenly "poof" into the Orgrimmar raid. This suggests they first go to Stormwind, defeat the Kor'Kron assault at the harbor, then Flight of the Valkyries over to Orgrimmar
    I love the smell of napalm at the morning.

No. Why should it matter where the story of the game is taking place.
    Its like reading a book and getting pissed off that the story did not include what you wanted.
    Except I'm not actively participating in a book. I'm not sitting in Westeros playing an avatar character.

By this logic, it doesn't matter where anything takes place anywhere. Nothing specific matters. Blizzard should just throw all of the players on a gigantic island and make them kill one another with no other option of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You mean. Get stuff done, fuck the consequences.
    Meh, those consequences would all go away once the true horde destroys the alliance and controls azeroth. Then it's all sippin' drinks from a coconut glass.

EDIT: and who could forget about the human slave foot rests?
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-08-02 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the game, I enjoy the story, and I play the faction who has been shit on for at least 4 years now consistently. Story isn't just story. There are clear stories for each side, and sometimes people get tired of being the loser.
    Doesn't sound like you enjoy the story.

What does anything matter then. This line of thinking basically leads to "Dont care about anything."

There are plenty of other forums for you to visit with people who don't care about this game. I'm not sure where the logic is there in coming to a WoW fansite and asking why people care about a part of WoW.
    Gameplay wise, the factions are the same.
    Lorewise there is imbalance and that is okay. There is no such thing as a winner or loser in any war. The story will pan out in the way the devs see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Doesn't sound like you enjoy the story.
    You're goddamn right I don't. Not when one of the factions I play gets shit on repeatedly. MoP was great until they decided to fuck the Alliance's story perspective and just force us in with the Horde. Surprise, somebody who is actively engaged in the game has opinions about it?

Gameplay wise, the factions are the same.
    Lorewise there is imbalance and that is okay. There is no such thing as a winner or loser in any war. The story will pan out in the way the devs see fit.
    I honestly don't even know how to respond to a comment like this.

Except I'm not actively participating in a book. I'm not sitting in Westeros playing an avatar character.

By this logic, it doesn't matter where anything takes place anywhere. Nothing specific matters. Blizzard should just throw all of the players on a gigantic island and make them kill one another with no other option of play.
    If blizzard wants, then they can do it. Its their game, and their story.
    You are just as active in the story of WoW when playing, as you are in the story of Westeros while reading a book from a song of ice and fire. The character in wow that you are playing is not important to the story line, you are merely a participant.

If blizzard wants, then they can do it. Its their game, and their story.
    You are just as active in the story of WoW when playing, as you are in the story of Westeros while reading a book from a song of ice and fire. The character in wow that you are playing is not important to the story line, you are merely a participant.
    Which is the huge defining difference between games and books, I hope you realize.

You're goddamn right I don't. Not when one of the factions I play gets shit on repeatedly. MoP was great until they decided to fuck the Alliance's story perspective and just force us in with the Horde. Surprise, somebody who is actively engaged in the game has opinions about it?

I honestly don't even know how to respond to a comment like this.
    I actually found 5.1's story to be extremely engaging and well thought out. As an alliance player it was interesting to see the story behind Audiun and Jaina, which are alliance characters, not that it matters to me, story of any kind from any faction is still story.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is the huge defining difference between games and books, I hope you realize.
    No, its the exact same. You are a participant in the game the same way you are a participant while watching a movie.

Just in WoW, you need to do boss battles and daily quests in between cut scenes and story arc scenes

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    I'm not calling favoritism I'm just saying Orgrimmar looks "Prettier" than Quel'Thalas and if you're an Orc and not offended at that you should be.
    Prettier?
    Withs its black iron towers/spikes its more badass/imposing than 'pretty'

- - - Updated - - -

The character in wow that you are playing is not important to the story line, you are merely a participant.
    id say the characters are the most important
    Seeing we are hailed as the heroes, saviours, victors of Azeroth, able to face down and defeat all powerful bosses
    Its an mmo not a book, as the player you are not watching a story you are the story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    So garrosh is really close to destroying stormwind and what do we do?

Kill him.

Cause that makes sense.
    indeed, the only good alliance is dead alliance
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"