Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah.. they make quality. But they also aren't very good innovaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Show me one with 12 million sales, 1 million active daily players, and 3 million monthly players.
    well i bet PoE and MH are pretty close to that "daily player" numbers, sure they didn't sell 12 mil copies, but they didn't lose 9 mil players after 1y and you need to remember that D3 is full of bots and ppl who just log in to see AH and log out. I wish blizzard would what is the average H/in game per player, but they wont do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    If SoO is atleat on par with ToT then what you want will likely not happen.
    I liked Cataclysm more than MoP.

I don't think they are anymore, but they haven't ruined it completely. If the next few releases they pump out are awesome games, they will take the title back easily.

Back in the day, Blizzard releasing a game was a HUGE deal - because the people knew that Blizzard was the cutting-edge of gaming. No company could hold a candle to the stuff they put out. Blizzard became famous for "We don't give a crap about cash, we're not releasing it until it's right. Our only desire is to make amazing games - everything else be damned."

Now? It's "How can we squeeze out the absolute most cash possible while doing as little as possible."

While being a customer all my life, I don't see myself purchasing any future Blizzard products. There's simply too many studios, that are 1/10th the size of Blizzard, that are just so far beyond anything that Blizzard is capable of anymore. Even if Blizzard wanted to try to be like the Blizzard of old, Activision and the share-holders have them in a choke-hold that they'll never get out from.

RIP Blizzard.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-08-02 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I think they lost it. But that goes for so many companies that go for the: "casuals are a great way to make cash, we should make more games that reward doing nothing much and everyone gets to be a winner!"

The more they and other companies go for that, the more money they will probably make. But will it make good quality games like "us Amiga/commodore64/NES/SEGAsaturn"-generation love to play? I don't think so.

Just like with the Wii ---- they wanted to make games accessible to all types of people. "Bring the family in on gaming." Great... but can we also have those difficult games from when they were hard? Thank you!
    lol at shoving in there your own little bit of hatred making blizz look bad.
    Stop putting words into other peoples mouths and your post wont comes across as twattish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Do you honestly think these new games can't compete or do you think the more accurate reason more people stay with WoW are they don't see the point in starting a new game they have to pay for when they are already paying for a game they have so much time and money invested in? For me if I am going to be honest it's because I have so many friends in WoW and have invested thousands of dollars into this game that I didn't stay with other sub based MMOs.
    Well a lot of the people that migrated to other sub games(AoC, SWOTR, RIFT) almost called it the second coming of their gaming Messias. Still after realizing the game werent up to standard the fled the ships and the games went F2P. SWOTR had 2million presales and now has just a fraction of that playerbase since they didnt deliver the same standard as WoW.

Regarding the SC2 debate. The game is frequently beeing shown at sports pubs all over the world. I would say that proves how big it has become.

To me, Blizzard is still a quality game maker. They haven't really dropped out of their groove much, it's just that they aren't really innovative anymore. It's not like they were in the first place anyways, besides the eventual new feature to be added. They certainly know how to refine a game to death though, I'll give them that much credit.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    well i bet PoE and MH are pretty close to that "daily player" numbers, sure they didn't sell 12 mil copies, but they didn't lose 9 mil players after 1y and you need to remember that D3 is full of bots and ppl who just log in to see AH and log out. I wish blizzard would what is the average H/in game per player, but they wont do that
    Since launching its Open Beta in late January, PoE has seen over two million registered players with more joining every day. At this pace it is on track to becoming one of the most popular PC game releases of 2013. Chris Wilson, producer for Grinding Gear Games had this to say about the explosive success:

It only recently hit 2 million TOTAL accounts. I don't see it coming close to D3 any time soon. D3 still has more players in a month than PoE has had in it's lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Well a lot of the people that migrated to other sub games(AoC, SWOTR, RIFT) almost called it the second coming of their gaming Messias. Still after realizing the game werent up to standard the fled the ships and the games went F2P. SWOTR had 2million presales and now has just a fraction of that playerbase since they didnt deliver the same standard as WoW.

Regarding the SC2 debate. The game is frequently beeing shown at sports pubs all over the world. I would say that proves how big it has become.
    I tried them out, they were great, but again..........I had too much money and time wrapped up in WoW and figured they were so much alike screw it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Back in the day, Blizzard releasing a game was a HUGE deal - because the people knew that Blizzard was the cutting-edge of gaming. No company could hold a candle to the stuff they put out. Blizzard became famous for "We don't give a crap about cash, we're not releasing it until it's right. Our only desire is to make amazing games - everything else be damned."

Now? It's "How can we squeeze out the absolute most cash possible while doing as little as possible."

While being a customer all my life, I don't see myself purchasing any future Blizzard products. There's simply too many studios, that are 1/10th the size of Blizzard, that are just so far beyond anything that Blizzard is capable of anymore. Even if Blizzard wanted to try to be like the Blizzard of old, Activision and the share-holders have them in a choke-hold that they'll never get out from.

RIP Blizzard.
    Blizzard has never been "cutting edge" so don't fool yourself. When Blizzard releases a 3D shooter with depth and amazing gameplay (think Bioshock Infinite) then you can say they are cutting edge.

What Blizzard does excel at is making amazing games in the genres they helped solidify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Personally, I think Blizzard has already fallen from grace. I still can't really place when or why. But they just aren't the company I remember them being growing up... I've just lost a lot of respect for them as a company. Again, this is just my personal opinion.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Sub ends in a few days, not renewing until Blizzard pulls their heads out of their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Quite honestly I fail to see the distinction that cata was terrible but mists is A OKAY. I mean I heard all sorts of people at the time say cata was A OKAY to and now in hind sight it's apparently fucking terrible. Give it some time you'll come to the same realization about mists...
    You must read different forums then me. I saw lots of people say Cata sucks DURING Cata. I think Cata was the weakest expansion I have played compared to Wrath and Mists. Just because a lot of people don't agree with you (please don't bring up sub numbers, unless you are gonna tell me that you're god and that you know why EVERY single person quit) doesn't mean MoP sucks, because to a lot of us it doesn't suck. I think MoP is a very good a expansion compared to Cata. The biggest compliant about Cata, people sat around in cities and did nothing. Now people can go out and collect pets for pet battling and battle, can do Brawler's guild, etc. If MoP is not your cup of tea, fine. For me, it is not a bad cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Blizzard has never been "cutting edge" so don't fool yourself. When Blizzard releases a 3D shooter with depth and amazing gameplay (think Bioshock Infinite) then you can say they are cutting edge.
    Which is exactly what I said. they were cutting-edge once upon a time - they aren't even close anymore. WoW's release was probably the most hyped-up, innovative, well-received MMORPG that will ever be released. Starcraft was also an amazing, unheard of success for it's time and genre. In that regard, for those markets, yes, they absolutely were setting the bar (a.k.a the cutting-egde) for every other game to come. But, like I said, now they're more focused on money rather than defining a genre - which is why, I believe, their latest products/innovations are mediocre - at best - and are cash grabs, which I won't be buying anymore.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-08-02 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    I think that they still are, but atleast for me this comes with a twist (if not counting Starcraft II and it's expansion). Now when they annouce new product it's not anymore like in 2007 that you without second thought think that it's gonna be awesome and cant wait for it, now first thing that comes to mind is "It's propably gonna be somewhat good, but hope they dont f*ck it up".
    Well imo

D3 sucked

Sc2 and SC2 hots was okay.

Cata Sucked

Mop was meh.

I really do think their quality has went down

Sc2 and Sc2 HotS are great.

Diablo 3 sucked ass. big time

Cata sucked, MoP sucked.

so yea, best days are over.

Cata was failure. MoP is a failure.

Blizzard just don't seem to cut it anymore. The glory days of Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK are definitely over and not coming back.

Problem with WoW is that its over its height, its still better then anything else out there, but the age of the game is breaking it up. I dislike MoP because of it's theme, it's also the first expansion that I took a break from, but that's not because of the quality of the expansion but rather because I played this game since vanilla, I have seen it, it's not special anymore.

SC2 is awesome, top of the line, best? perhaps, but damn good atleast.

D3 is good aswell, the problem with D3 have been the release day issues and the fact that it was hyped up so much that people expected it to be something it couldn't be, it still is a good game though.

Starcraft 2 WoL was the last good game they put out, even then it pales in comparison to Broodwar. Never really had an opinion on Diablo series other than playing D3 and determined it was just shit, I don't think gear grinding is fun and gameplay is shallow. Wrath was the last good expansion from Blizzard, after that its been going way downhill, and its apparent by their declining subs.

I followed SC2 for a while, but looking at HotS I decided it wasn't for me. I don't trust Blizzard to make fun games anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    No Blizzard ain't a "game will be good 100%" dev anymore for me with the ingame store crap and overall Cata/MoP quality, same with Bioware after the money grabbing recyclefest called Dragon Age 2 (ME3 was perfect) and Bethesda (Skyrim is such a shitty console port).
    Sad to think that there actually are none of these perfect developers left with the recent downfall of my big 3 (Biow, Blizz, Bethesda). ~4 years ago, after DA1 , Shivvering Isles, I would've never imagined these companies turning so crap.

I guess Nintendo is the only one left? Although I haven't played any of their games yet because I cba to use a Tablet or nunchuck as a controller without easy offline 4-player play. They still look good on youtube etc though.