Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Just to add some balance to the above the answer is a resounding No. Not every game they make is quality regardless of what the above guy says. Look I loved LOVED HoTS and it was the best thing I bought from them in recent memory. D3 and MoP are fucking terrible. So it's become much more of a mixed bag then it was before.
    MoP is great imo. Best raiding xpac so far.

Yes they are still great and honestly anyone who comes in saying no they aren't is just trying to hate them to be popular they still deliver great entertaining games.

I see the same thing on Biowares forums people nitpick a few issues like ME3 controversy and declare the company delivers crap! failing to see when all was s aid and done the games themselves were still pretty fun.

An example i am a Diablo 1 and 2 fan, do i dislike some of the things about Diablo 3? yes but it is still a fun game

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Every game design studio on the planet wants to have a stumble the size of D3: 12,000,000 copies sold and likely several million more once the console version releases. Many people still playing it after more than a year. Yes, stumbles like that would make most game studios really happy.
    The stumble in that instance was on the players because they had put their blind faith in Blizzard, that they couldn't possibly get a Diablo game wrong. Now, because of their mistake, the players will be more cautious in buying Blizzard games.

I would be willing to bet that if they ever released an expansion for that game, it wouldn't sell even half that number of copies thanks to this disillusionment.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    ...in your opinion. I think that game is WAY better than D2. The flexibility in how you can effectively respec your char in a few seconds, the way you perform your abilities (I hated D2 click-fest), the way battle-net is integrated - it's just way better than D2.

If only it had had a longer story...

Blizzard delivers incredible games - and sits securely on the multiplayer throne today. It really is that simple.
    So like all the vanilla haters you claim D3 was superior because it had all these neat features that couldn't even exist back (or weren't thought of) when Vanilla or D2 were around. Some things were bad back then. But I rather have a wonderful game then a perfect UI/features that improve quality of life.

Glad to see that you do agree on its replayability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    MoP is great imo. Best raiding xpac so far.

Not even close. It's a raiding xpac I'll give you that as raiding seems to be the focus and is the biggest or one of the biggest flaws but the "best" raiding xpac and mop being "great" is a stretch. I'd rather have Cataclysm, it's that bad.

Like I said I LOVED Heart of the Swarm and Wings of Liberty. Great games. I had a blast and was worth every penny. I'm not an out and out Blizzard hater, hell I continue to buy their products. I was even CONTENT with Cataclysm. Not as good as wrath but I never got the "hate". Some of their offerings in recent times though have made me rethink my position on them. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-08-02 at 08:14 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Starcraft2 was beyond awesome.
    D3 was mediocre in comparison to d2 while failing to bring anything new to the table.
    Warcraft has been bastardized by 2 complete shit expansions (not that I was a fan of it becoming an Mmo in the first place.) I also considered it to be the superior RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Heedless One View Post
    The stumble in that instance was on the players because they had put their blind faith in Blizzard, that they couldn't possibly get a Diablo game wrong. Now, because of their mistake, the players will be more cautious in buying Blizzard games.

I would be willing to bet that if they ever released an expansion for that game, it wouldn't sell even half that number of copies thanks to this disillusionment.
    Indeed, I won't ever again will buy a Blizzard game right away apart from WoW. Not that WoW has gotten much love for my taste but I am still hooked...

But Diablo and Starcraft can kiss my ass. I will wait for a year before considering buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpnova View Post
    Diablo 3. Had one real not-Blizzard's-usual-level-of-quality flaw. And that was its pathetic length.
    The whole point of that game is to grind at max level, that's literally the entire point, it could have been 2 hours long and it would have had the same point. Isn't a game for people who don't like to grind, hence why I haven't touched it in an incredibly long time.

Having to pay to transfer to a different server is corrupt. It is corrupt and evil and people should have (and maybe did and if so I am glad, but more than likely they didn't and therefore I am further ashamed) quit in droves over the insult. A lot of the time people want to transfer servers because, due to Blizzard's evil, greedy, shareholder-impressing-motivated refusal to merge servers, their server has died. In this case, they need to transfer because a failure on Blizzard's part has forced them to need to leave. And Blizzard wants to charge them for it.

Disgusting. How can anyone tolerate this?
    It isn't Blizzards fault servers died, but they are doing the virtual realms to fix the problem. Besides, I think my guildies and I have spent well over a thousand dollars transferring over the years, pretty good way for them to make money. I don't really see the problem with this at all, playing on dead realms isn't fun, but it isn't Blizzards fault they're dead and if you want to leave the realm you can. Rerolling is free.

We hear an exciting announcement that Blizzard is introducing a new IP. What is our waiting rewarded with?

Hearthstone. One of the biggest slaps in the face in video game history.
    This is just an *incredibly* stupid comment. Lots of people are looking forward to Hearthstone. Couldn't care less about card games myself, but it already has a lot of people excited. Saying it was a slap in the face is completely idiotic.

In-game auction house for D3? Disgusting. How can anyone support this?

Promises of Arena in Diablo 3. Years later. No arena in diablo 3. How can anyone support this? Disgusting.
    Don't see a problem with the auction house, then again I don't play D3 anymore and the last time I played it was the same month it launched in. However, I don't see why you care that much, you already said you didn't like diablo 3 because it was short. If it was too short that implies you don't play it anymore, so this is irrelevant to you.

Same kind of goes for the arena thing. That probably would have been fun, I don't really know why they didn't add it, but I know if they added it now I wouldn't reinstall the game to play it. I also know that it seems insanely unbalanced anyway and probably wouldn't have ended up being as fun as they originally thought.

fds

Not even close. It's a raiding xpac I'll give you that as raiding seems to be the focus and is the biggest or one of the biggest flaws but the "best" raiding xpac and mop being "great" is a stretch. I'd rather have Cataclysm, it's that bad.

Like I said I LOVED Heart of the Swarm and Wings of Liberty. Great games. I had a blast and was worth every penny. I'm not an out and out Blizzard hater, hell I continue to buy their products. Some of their offerings in recent times though have made me rethink my position on them. Simple as that.
    Don't know but that's your opinion. Each raid tier of MoP have been great for me. Most bosses have awesome mechanic. ToT is one of the best raid of all time. I expect no less from SoO. There are no reharshed shits like in WotLK and Cata too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    First and foremost, other than doing some deep digging online, I really think this thread will be nothing but pure opinion.

Personally, I think Blizzard has already fallen from grace. I still can't really place when or why. But they just aren't the company I remember them being growing up. Granted, they aren't anywhere near as bad as, say, Electronic Arts, but I've just lost a lot of respect for them as a company. Again, this is just my personal opinion.
    It happened during Crapaclysm.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Don't know but that's your opinion. Each raid tier of MoP have been great for me. Most bosses have awesome mechanic. ToT is one of the best raid of all time. I expect no less from SoO. There are no reharshed shits like in WotLK and Cata too.
    Great mechanics in mists amount to run in a circle as often as you can while keeping your dps as high as you can. It's almost ALL rehashed mechanics. ToT is a garbage raid that they had the audacity to tell us would be as good as Ulduar. It's fucking terrible and it's only made worse by their insistence on shoving the player base into raiding at every opportunity to get the most use out of that content. I spent over a year in ICC and loved every minute of it. I spent maybe 2 months in ToT before I was fucking SICK of that place. Their is nothing new or revolutionary about raiding in mists and the mechanics behind these bosses.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

No one in this thread who is circle jerking about how bad D3 was played D2 at launch. Until the expansion was released, NO ONE had anything good to say about D2 because it was a bugfilled mess of a game that was nearly unplayable. But no, everyone compares D3 at launch to the full polished, 50 year old D2 WITH expansions.

Great mechanics in mists amount to run in a circle as often as you can while keeping your dps as high as you can. ToT is a garbage raid that they had the audacity to tell us would be as good as Ulduar. It's ALL rehashed mechanics. Their is nothing new or revolutionary about raiding in mists and the mechanics behind these bosses.
    Awesome mechanic means it's fun to play with. If you think mechanics are always the same then every xpac is bad because they are always like this. As I said you are entitled to your opinion. A lot of people would disagree with you saying ToT is garbage. H Lei Shen is one of the best boss in WoW. I think MoP is the best raiding xpac and I stand by it.

Starcraft is still of highest quality in my opinion. Other games they made/make... lowered their quality a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    D3 was Blizzard's stumble.
    Which is weird when you come to think about it. Diablo was still very successful, lots of people like it, and most criticism is towards the end-game.

Most game devs would kill to have failures like that!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Yes, yes, but you cant always measure the quality just by looking at numbers. Just because something sells it doesnt mean it's as deep and immersive as for example D2.
    D2 is about as deep as a plate...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    LOL @ people claiming D3 to be successfull. There we go again: because it is popular it must be fun!!!

Someone said: there are 1 million people playing D3. So wait.. they sold 12 million copies... and only 1 million people still play it. Yeah perfect game!
    Sure you could argue that everyone probably enjoyed it for a couple of days or even a few weeks. But almost everyone I played WoW with bought D3. Almost everyone dropped the game after getting to max level. It was not worth repeating AGAIN (the game). D2 had a huge replayability even D1 had this imo. D3 was a huge failure on that part. D3 sold so many copies due to its name and predecessors.

So yes marketingwise and seeing how many actually sold it was a huge success. But I think we have about 11 million desillusioned people.

Tho what has going for it. Apparantly normal games do not have a lifespan of more then a few weeks. So if everyone goes by that score then yes D3 was a huge success. I don't agree with this because of its predecessors.
    I tried D3 at launch, stopped after act 1 inferno..

Just picked it up again with a friend, and it's much more enjoyable.

Ot: Blizz still makes some of, if not the, best games out there.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quality games, sure, most of blizzard games have a standard of quality undeniably.

WoW is well polished, regardless of opinion on game design, one can't deny the quality of the product
    D3 is also a high quality product, most complain were more about game design and direction than the quality of the game.
    SC2 is still the lead STR and a strong pillar of esport.

however, what i do question nowadays, is blizzard CREATIVITY.
    what do you do you think of blizzard creativity.
    No new IP since 1998, year of release of starcraft 1 (unless you consider WoW release in 2004 as new IP, fair enough since gameplay is quite different from WC3)

In STR, they polish, they perfect it, but they didn't try anything new, it's basically the same base given by dune 2 decades ago, they didn't innovate.
    In MMO genre, what are the innovation to the genre in the past 10 years. The addition of grouping tools (LFD, LFR) and cross server comminucation. It really didn't seems they tried something really novel and risky
    In Diablo, the greatest innovation is a community driven in-game cash shop (the RMAH) that flopped, the gameplay is, although very well polish, very standard. Linear questing, gaining XP, gaining level, gaining loot, it the same system for decades.

You would thing with the resounding success of WOW, DIABLO and STARCRAFT franchise, they would be more creative, innovating, and drive the industry forward.

You really must have no life at all to still be so passionate about bashing D3.

And oh yeah, it's a good game. And better than D2.

And it sold 12 million, ain't that impressive!

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Indeed, I won't ever again will buy a Blizzard game right away apart from WoW. Not that WoW has gotten much love for my taste but I am still hooked...

But Diablo and Starcraft can kiss my ass. I will wait for a year before considering buying it.
    Starcraft 2 HotS brings probably one of the most amazing RTS campign gameplay experience, and very solid deep multiplayer experience, i suggest heavily to buy it when you have time to play
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*