Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Blizzard has never been "cutting edge" so don't fool yourself. When Blizzard releases a 3D shooter with depth and amazing gameplay (think Bioshock Infinite) then you can say they are cutting edge.

What Blizzard does excel at is making amazing games in the genres they helped solidify.

Bioshock infinite was far from cutting edge... The game was a mess, skills that made no sense, many textures out of place, bad balancing, yeah bioshock was definitely not cutting edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I think they lost it. But that goes for so many companies that go for the: "casuals are a great way to make cash, we should make more games that reward doing nothing much and everyone gets to be a winner!"

The more they and other companies go for that, the more money they will probably make. But will it make good quality games like "us Amiga/commodore64/NES/SEGAsaturn"-generation love to play? I don't think so.

Just like with the Wii ---- they wanted to make games accessible to all types of people. "Bring the family in on gaming." Great... but can we also have those difficult games from when they were hard? Thank you!
    This is spot on. I still have several games on my NES that I've never beaten and a few that I finally beat years later when I got older. Silver surfer for one, one of my top ten games I've ever played. I didn't enjoy them any less as a kid because I couldn't beat them, in fact those were the games I played the most. There are dozens though that are still challenging and that still makes them fun for me. The new zelda wii game was cool but I beat it so fast and I've never had a desire to play again because it was so easy, almost all new games are like that. I can get to 90 in wow in a couple days and raid every raid and dungeon in end game wow in about 15 hours played time at 90, of course in LFR but for some reason I don't have the desire to do it again in heroic like I used to, so I get bored and unsub. I still go back and play games that I got when I was a child and its still fun for me because there's still new things to beat and see even after all these years.

Ever increasing nigh impossible challenge is what makes a game fun for me, but with something new not just an increased difficulty that gets old fairly quick. I enjoy the challenge and it makes the victory, if I ever get there, that much sweeter. And I am perfectly ok with never getting there, its still fun.

This discussion won't go anywhere. It's all opinion here. For example I think WoTLK was garbage and some people here will say it's great. I think MoP is gerat but some will say it's lolpanda. Only fact here is that Blizzard is good at making successful game.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Show me a game dev that's been in the business for several years, released several products, and hasn't stumbled once or twice.

D3 was Blizzard's stumble. Everything else they've released was fantastic. You might be able to count Cataclysm, but then that's what happens when Blizzard listens to all the community whines and tries to change the game to fit them. The quality of their games is still fantastic, it's just that some of their ideas about their target audience are a little off at the moment. They'll get it eventually.
    Valve.
    You are welcome.

Yup, they are.

The people who don't think so are the same people who post on this website ranting about their disdain for MOP.

As a poster above me said: this thread will go no where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This discussion won't go anywhere. It's all opinion here. For example I think WoTLK was garbage and some people here will say it's great. I think MoP is gerat but some will say it's lolpanda. Only fact here is that Blizzard is good at making successful game.
    and Even that is up to debate. Cause reading blizzards forums nowadays. I'd almost believe most of them would swallow an cyanide pill if blizzard told them to do so. Let alone buy any game that they bring out whether it being absolute crap or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Valve.
    You are welcome.
    Not really. CS:GO is really mediocre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by label strew View Post
    and Even that is up to debate. Cause reading blizzards forums nowadays. I'd almost believe most of them would swallow an cyanide pill if blizzard told them to do so. Let alone buy any game that they bring out whether it being absolute crap or not.
    no matter what people think numbers kinda show that they are successful.

Deleted
    Not really. CS:GO is really mediocre.

- - - Updated - - -

no matter what people think numbers kinda show that they are successful.
    It shows they are succesfull not that they are good at making games that would necesarily would be succesfull if they wouldn't have their loyalist fanbase. It's the same as with apple. Apple could pretty much make an crap computer and still have a lot of people pretty much worshiping it.They are pretty much living of the succes of their previous games atm if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by label strew View Post
    It shows they are succesfull not that they are good at making games that would necesarily would be succesfull if they wouldn't have their loyalist fanbase. It's the same as with apple. Apple could pretty much make an crap computer and still have a lot of people pretty much worshiping it.They are pretty much living of the succes of their previous games atm if you ask me.
    That's why I said Blizzard is good at making successful game is fact. Successful means it sell shit tons. The game is good or not is subjective. You will argue about it forever and never have an answer.

Fact is, if some no name game publisher was to release any of Blizzards latest products, they'd be laughed out of the industry and labeled "flops." Their cult-like fanbase is really all they have going for them at this point. It's not even really a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Fact is, if some no name game publisher was to release any of Blizzards latest products, they'd be laughed out of the industry and labeled "flops." Their cult-like fanbase is really all they have going for them at this point. It's not even really a debate.
    I don't think you know what fact means.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Every game design studio on the planet wants to have a stumble the size of D3: 12,000,000 copies sold and likely several million more once the console version releases. Many people still playing it after more than a year. Yes, stumbles like that would make most game studios really happy.
    Diablo 3 is the best video game I played, ever. It is a video game, not a replacement of a lost youth, like old D2 players wanted it to be, nor is it an MMORPG like WoW players wanted to have.

D3 has a fabulous engine, extreme smooth combat for an on line game ... and D3 is simply unbeatable in hardcore mode.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Diablo 3 is the best video game I played, ever. It is a video game, not a replacement of a lost youth, like old D2 players wanted it to be, nor is it an MMORPG like WoW players wanted to have.

D3 has a fabulous engine, extreme smooth combat for an on line game ... and D3 is simply unbeatable in hardcore mode.
    While the game flows really smoothly I think many design decisions are really bad.

Their games are still decent but no longer an automatic purchase for me, especially after D3. HotS was a letdown as well. If Hearthstone is a good indication of the direction they're heading in, WoW will probably be the last Blizz game I devote much time to.

Tides of Darkness through ICC were the glory days IMO. Quite a run of outstanding games though.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Show me a game dev that's been in the business for several years, released several products, and hasn't stumbled once or twice.

D3 was Blizzard's stumble. Everything else they've released was fantastic
    To be fair, as much as I despise some of D3's early design decisions, the game was fun to play and go through, at least once or twice. Where it failed was with the difficulty walls, the RMAH and the fact you had to play through 2+ times to unlock all skills.

Deleted
    "Is Blizzard still quality games maker?"

Yes. Of course.

"Is Blizzard becoming one of the worst greediest companies that i have ever seen?"

Yes. Of course.

"Is Blizzard still delighted with the legion of zombies that moan with every minor change, even if its a tooltip change?".

Yes. Of couse.

"Is Blizzard going to improve World Of Warcraft?".

Yes. Of course. Wait for the anniversary, where everybody will get a giant pink rabbiit. And the legion of zombies will keep moaning.

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion haha.

I don't think they are, although in all honesty I've never played SC2 and trading card games are a bit too kitschy for me. I did buy Diablo 3 and was disappointed with it, and whilst I still play WoW I don't enjoy it as much as I did a few years ago (although I do hope to be wowed by the next expansion). I also look at what happened with Titan and wonder.

Ultimately though, it's subjective. If you enjoy their products then yes they are, and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    If SoO is atleat on par with ToT then what you want will likely not happen.
    No it's already happening. SoO could be the best raid since well ever and it wouldn't make up for the rest of the game being utter trash. Now it's not likely to be the best raid ever and in fact your likely to have your face shoved into it at every turn so yea I expect a terrible end to a terrible expansion.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    No it's already happening. SoO could be the best raid since well ever and it wouldn't make up for the rest of the game being utter trash. Now it's not likely to be the best raid ever and in fact your likely to have your face shoved into it at every turn so yea I expect a terrible end to a terrible expansion.
    Don't worry, in the future, I'm sure they'll put more work into the premium-only raids that they're probably planning to throw in the new in-game store. I imagine full access will only be an additional $30. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Don't worry, in the future, I'm sure they'll put more work into the premium-only raids that they're probably planning to throw in the new in-game store. I imagine full access will only be an additional $30. Lol.
    That is quite easily the most retarded thing I've read all day.