Thread: T16 bis list?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Since this discussion is still going on, I could share my own BiS list which I've made a few days before the patch. The only item I'm not so sure on are the bracers. Reason I have the ones from Blackfuse listed is because somehow they seem to be simming higher.
    The bracers off of siegecrafter do have more secondary stats, but not by much. Not sure if ~30 more stats would be worth it, but that may be why it's simming higher.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-09-17 at 07:35 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    They bracers off of siegecrafter do have more secondary stats, but not by much. Not sure if ~30 more stats would be worth it, but that may be why it's simming higher.
    A similar thing is happening with simulations of the weapon. The hand cannon is actually simming ~500 dps ahead of the reserve bow due to having 63 more secondary stats, despite crit/haste being valued slightly higher than crit/mastery. I'll continue to maintain BiS profiles for troll and orc at EJ. If you have suggestions on higher simming, please feel free to post there or here. I try to monitor both discussion areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    A similar thing is happening with simulations of the weapon. The hand cannon is actually simming ~500 dps ahead of the reserve bow due to having 63 more secondary stats, despite crit/haste being valued slightly higher than crit/mastery. I'll continue to maintain BiS profiles for troll and orc at EJ. If you have suggestions on higher simming, please feel free to post there or here. I try to monitor both discussion areas.
    probably at that point having a bit more mastery is better to have a bit more haste without taking into account what you just said. i could see the gun being better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    So for survival http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/105472-as...of-consequence and Muitistrike trinket is far better than EBON? Also, Garrosh bow should be upgradable now. I read it somewhere ><
    ye Haromm is better for survi. Also weapons from Garosh are not upgradable (since they are already ilvl of upgraded weapon) and they won't be.

What about crafted leatherworking leg? Isn't this suppose to be bis till heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    What about crafted leatherworking leg? Isn't this suppose to be bis till heroic?
    I'm thinking this as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why so many think Ebon Detonator is BiS? Wouldn't Haromm be better? That is 12k Agility for 10 seconds and you have a chance to deal a third of the damage you dealt extra. Compared to Ebon Detonator which is overall 10690 Agility over 10 seconds and extra Mastery. Since I don't see the Ebon Detonator being able to max DPS since you don't know exactly when it procs so you can't line up your attacks for it. While with Haromm you got more steady Agility overall. The extra damage on Haromm has also a high proc chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't get why so many think Ebon Detonator is BiS? Wouldn't Haromm be better? That is 12k Agility for 10 seconds and you have a chance to deal a third of the damage you dealt extra. Compared to Ebon Detonator which is overall 10690 Agility over 10 seconds and extra Mastery. Since I don't see the Ebon Detonator being able to max DPS since you don't know exactly when it procs so you can't line up your attacks for it. While with Haromm you got more steady Agility overall. The extra damage on Haromm has also a high proc chance.
    As I've noted on the EJ BM guide comments, the Ebon Detonator is about 500 dps above Haromm's in the simulators for BM. However, if you plan on switching to SV at any point, Ebon is really mediocre for SV (especially in comparison to Haromm's). Equipping Haromm's over Ebon will net you over 7300 dps gain in SV. Meanwhile, Ebon only gains you 500 dps over using Haromm's in the equivalent profile for BM. If you are going to prioritize coin or loot cooldown usage, I would try to take Haromm's over Ebon.

On a related note about weird news from simming 5.4 hunter dps, it appears that for SV, FD is modeling Powershot as a significant dps gain over Glaive Toss (~5k dps), especially with Haromm's. Multistrike pairs very well with this powerful shot in simulation.

Additionally, for SV, the Reserve Bow is BiS by ~6k dps over the Hand Cannon, because of how poorly SV scales with mastery. For BM FD sims, the Hand Cannon is slightly ahead of the Reserve Bow (~500 dps). For this reason, the Reserve Bow is best for people who want to switch between BM and SV.

i was meaning to ask about powershot actually.. since the cooldown is greater, isn't it more unlikely that it'll be the shot to proc MS.. and even if it does, isn't it avg'd out neways.. doesn't matter if you hit 10 attacks for 100 dmg each in a given period compared to 100 attacks that do 10 dmg each ? Dunnu why it would show a 5k dps boost.. What does simc say ?

Also, how is ebon only 500 dps above haromm ? Having it not proc from your pet would be a huge crutch wouldn't it.

So every day I hear a different answer on whether the Garrosh bow can be upgraded or not. Bashiok says they can in a tweet ( https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/377126486714482688 ) but others say guildies got them and they couldn't.

Has anyone been able to get one themselves to confirm?

EDIT

Okay, found some evidence here from perculia at wowhead. Definitely not upgradeable http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...as-upgradeable
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-09-22 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    So every day I hear a different answer on whether the Garrosh bow can be upgraded or not. Bashiok says they can in a tweet ( https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/377126486714482688 ) but others say guildies got them and they couldn't.

Has anyone been able to get one themselves to confirm?
    Well if they have the item and then can't, then well... they can't.

bashiok has been dead wrong numerous times in the past

Deleted
    I confirm that Garrosh drop weapon is 561ilvl and cannot be upgraded

Just got my Leggings of Unbashed Anger heroic drop from Norushen. Trying to debate if its worth keeping them and losing my 4 set.

I have warforged gloves from Juggernaut. and dropped my tier gloves to keep use them.

Did a sim with FD, and dropping my 4 set in favour of the higher gear legs + gloves nets roughly a 500dps increase. I just wanted to check if it would possibly be better to keep the 4pc tier 15. Do note that the gloves push me almost up to 10% exp (no way to get it lower) where as keeping the off piece gloves and legs keep me at 7.95% exp.

Additionally, as the legs are blue socket, should I gem for the bonus, or just go with flat agility? I don't really need the hit from blue gems, so I could just use stam gems for extra health. Any advice is welcome

The BoA bow is already upgraded but only on the same ilevel as an upgraded normal weapon.

Deleted
    Have anyone simmed the trinkets?
    Does anyone know how big of a difference it is between Ticking Ebon Detonator HC and Haromm's Talisman HC?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Have anyone simmed the trinkets?
    Does anyone know how big of a difference it is between Ticking Ebon Detonator HC and Haromm's Talisman HC?
    For BM, Haromm's is only ~500-1k dps loss if I remember correctly.

Hah, just read the actual post on the same page

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    As I've noted on the EJ BM guide comments, the Ebon Detonator is about 500 dps above Haromm's in the simulators for BM. However, if you plan on switching to SV at any point, Ebon is really mediocre for SV (especially in comparison to Haromm's). Equipping Haromm's over Ebon will net you over 7300 dps gain in SV. Meanwhile, Ebon only gains you 500 dps over using Haromm's in the equivalent profile for BM. If you are going to prioritize coin or loot cooldown usage, I would try to take Haromm's over Ebon.

On a related note about weird news from simming 5.4 hunter dps, it appears that for SV, FD is modeling Powershot as a significant dps gain over Glaive Toss (~5k dps), especially with Haromm's. Multistrike pairs very well with this powerful shot in simulation.

Additionally, for SV, the Reserve Bow is BiS by ~6k dps over the Hand Cannon, because of how poorly SV scales with mastery. For BM FD sims, the Hand Cannon is slightly ahead of the Reserve Bow (~500 dps). For this reason, the Reserve Bow is best for people who want to switch between BM and SV.
    Last edited by Megabloks; 2013-10-02 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard that maybe Mastery will surpass Haste when we're full BiS as BM/Surv, which would explain why sims are putting crit / mastery gear ahead of crit / haste maybe?

Bit confused with this...some people saying that malkoroks bracers are better...others blackfuse.

I have both, from flex, wondering which ones are really BiS, thanks
    (Only doing flex this tier)

Deleted
    I've ran a lot of sims, before the toth fix on simc and after.

Haromm is the better option with assurance when you are playing SV.
    Ticking is the better option with assurance when you are playing BM.

The reasoning is pretty straight forward due to the majority of our damage as SV benefits from Haromm.
    As for BM not even half our damage benefits from the haromm trinket, so ticking is better for BM.