Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd love to see a Dragonsworn Hero Class with a spec for each Primary Dragonflight with some flavor abilities mixed in from the "lesser" flights. So unfair to the other classes, I know. Screw a mount too, dragonform would be way cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by von Richthofen View Post
    This is kind of interesting since they wrote up dialogue for them describing roles within the organization, that seem to coincide with the triad of tank/healer/DPS. Definitely seems like an interesting class concept if that is what they are going towards.

Then there's the Ghostcrawler interview mentioning a time travel expansion concept. Wrathion is warning us of a Legion invasion, and wants to unite Azeroth to stand against it. If there was some past hero or heroes that could help with Wrathion's agenda, or villains that may imperil it, perhaps time travel could be used to alter events to make sure those heroes are alive in the present or the villains don't exist to put Azeroth's defense in jeopardy.

Alternatively, they may be part of one of the unannounced features, as their lore might be used to justify running the old raids. The Warden says, "Those who meddle with the time ways for their own selfish ways are often dangerous."

I'm having trouble finding the actual quotes for the hints about the feature, but it was compared to LFD and LFR and, "A lot of players have suggested that they be able to do older content, so it is something along those lines."

So, if the new feature is a 'LFR' for old content, they might add some lore as to why this is happening. Perhaps we join the Timewalkers and we take up the roles of Wardens, Weavers, or Watchers and play through the old raids. Insert baddie here is threatening the time ways, trying to save Arthas, Ragnaros, Illidan, and so forth from being defeated, so we need to re-fight those battles to make sure everything is as it should be, while picking up transmog gear and maybe some other rewards along the way.
    I like your idea of protecting heroes of the past. I can see it now:

The Legion is coming. It's inevitable. Wrathion determines that there is a true secret to defeating the Legion, but there's a problem. Only one person knew this secret, having seen it himself through the eyes of his master: Illidan Stormrage. You will assist the Time Wardens go back in time and reforge the timeways, making sure that things go as they should have. New class: Timewalkers. Plate (or Mail) Int tanks / healers / ranged. Last instance: Return to Black Temple. You have to track the group of adventurers who killed Illidan through the Temple, fighting off Alliance / Horde forces and generals, and the final encounter -- defeat a 25-man raid group all while keeping Illidan alive.

It'd be a terrific idea. Very unique and creative that doesn't really rip off any other ideas. I know people would complain that we return to Black Temple, but imagine experiencing it in an all-new light as the "bad guys" who are there to kill a group of brave, stalwart adventures and save the villain of an entire previous expansion pack. Timewalkers would be amazing too because it'd be an entirely new spin on the typical archetypes. An Intellect tank would be especially cool, someone who has to manage spells and weave time in order to prevent damage.

Deleted
    If I'm honest this is the most plausible class out of all the other ones that have been suggested lately. i.e. Demon Hunters, Tinkers, Bard, Shadow Hunters, Rangers etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep thinking of the Weaver from DOTA2;

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Weaver

If this becomes a class, I hope Blizzard steals some of its abilities. Namely Shukuchi and Time Lapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'd rather just see a class rather than a time specific one though. Maybe something like the undead skins for DK where they can have mildly draconic skins.

Just tossing out ideas, but have:

1. Battlemage like blue aspect spec for melee dps, with a couple ranged spells like rets and enhance shammies.

2. Tanking spec or healing spec based on red dragons. (Life does spring from their flames afterall.)

3. Healing based bronze spec.

Very rough idea, but that's what I'd rather see than three time based specs in one class. Would give us the closest thing to battle mage we could probably hope for as well. Left greens out because I'm not completely sure how to do a green flight based spec without making it too druid like.
    Exactly.

I'm tired of saying that the "Timewalkers" of which we are speaking here are just Dragonsworns specialized in the Bronze Dragonflight, nothing more.

In short, this whole thread is summed up in one word: Dragonsworn, a new Hero class

Deleted
    Not gonna happen....
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Or how Balance Druids have Arcane spells where Mages have a full Arcane spec.
    Balance Druids use primaly Nature AND Arcane spells Dude....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Exactly.

I'm tired of saying that the "Timewalkers" of which we are speaking here are just Dragonsworns specialized in the Bronze Dragonflight, nothing more.

In short, this whole thread is summed up in one word: Dragonsworn, a new Hero class
    This concept is about the only Dragonsworn concept that could actually work. The concepts that have multiple Dragonflights under one class don't make much sense, and overlap badly with Mages and Druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Not gonna happen....
    Balance Druids use primaly Nature AND Arcane spells Dude....
    Of course.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You even said it yourself: "long-lived". Something that is long-lived is still mortal.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q. In the Cataclysm finale, the Dragon Aspects became mortals. But are they still powerful dragons that just lost the blessing of the Titans?
    Yes. For example, the bronze dragons can still travel through time, but they are no longer able to control the flow of time. The blue dragons are still powerful mages, but no longer control the magic of Azeroth. Therefore, in Age of Mortals, mortals themselves need to take over what used to be the responsibility of the Aspects. (Source)
    I'll concede to that. In fact, it's possible that the Aspects were technically Immortal back when they had their Aspect power. The thing is, when people say 'Mortal', they think 'Humans', which means very short lifespans. Even if dragons are 'Mortal', they live for thousands upon thousands of years. There's a distinction that most people do not seem to acknowledge, and they just think that Joe Schmoe Dragon is rockin' a new human lifespan and level of ability and power.

Deleted
    This concept is about the only Dragonsworn concept that could actually work. The concepts that have multiple Dragonflights under one class don't make much sense, and overlap badly with Mages and Druids.
    So you want to tell me that its better to have a class that uses 3 specs with time magic because:
    100% time/arcane only specs =/= mage class that uses 25% time magic and has a 90% arcane based spec

OTHER THAN

a class that uses 1 time spec and 1 arcane spec which means:
    20 % time spec =/= mage class that uses 25% time
    20% arcane spec = mage arcane spec BUT =/= druid class that uses roughly 30% arcane magic
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-08-05 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    So you want to tell me that its better to have a class that uses 100% time magic because:
    3 time/arcane only specs =/= mage class that uses 25% time magic and has a 90% arcane based spec

OTHER THAN

a class that uses 20% time and 20% arcane magic which means:
    1 time spec =/= mage class that uses 25% time
    1 arcane spec = mage arcane spec BUT =/= druid class that uses roughly 30% arcane magic

I have no clue what you're talking about here. However, Mages have like 3 time spells, this class would have entire specs based around time.

I do think the concept is a bit far-fetched, but this has a higher chance of implementation than an entire Dragonsworn class.

brb reserving Dr. Who for my Timewalker's name.

Deleted
    I have no clue what you're talking about here. However, Mages have like 3 time spells, this class would have entire specs based around time.

I do think the concept is a bit far-fetched, but this has a higher chance of implementation than an entire Dragonsworn class.
    read again

10+ Year Old Account
    The general idea right now is that mages are mastering Time related magic. So if it was implemented in game if ever it would be a mage 4th spec or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medivhe View Post
    The general idea right now is that mages are mastering Time related magic. So if it was implemented in game if ever it would be a mage 4th spec or something.
    QFT^ + some posters are convinced that having a class revolving completely around magic and arcane is still more unique and has more room to expand than just one spec from my dragonsworn class, which only this particular spec has access to without overlaping the mage's time spells.
    Simple logic imo

Quote Originally Posted by Medivhe View Post
    They could do a time based spec, but not sure it could be a 'timewalker' exactly. Even so, mages only have a few time based spells. A snare, their version of bloodlust, and a personal cooldown. Saying there couldn't be a time based spec because of that I think is a bit much considering shaman, warlocks and mages all have fire based spells for example.

I'm tempted to make my own theorycrafted dragonsworn class thread now, but I think we have enough so I probably won't.

Deleted
    They could do a time based spec, but not sure it could be a 'timewalker' exactly. Even so, mages only have a few time based spells. A snare, their version of bloodlust, and a personal cooldown. Saying there couldn't be a time based spec because of that I think is a bit much considering shaman, warlocks and mages all have fire based spells for example.

I'm tempted to make my own theorycrafted dragonsworn class thread now, but I think we have enough so I probably won't.
    lol you are very welcome to give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    lol you are very welcome to give it a go
    Main reason I don't is that, while I have a general thematic idea for the three specs I'd choose, when it comes down to making interesting game mechanics and unique resources for the specs I fall flat.

I don't think Timewalker is a class, it's a faction that's dedicated to preserving the timelines that works along side the bronze dragonflight.

Deleted
    Main reason I don't is that, while I have a general thematic idea for the three specs I'd choose, when it comes down to making interesting game mechanics and unique resources for the specs I fall flat.
    I see... well if you cannot find something better, my concept is still in need of supporters =)

Yeah, that's what proves to be the big challenge.

I rather like this Time Walker info, it has the potential to be a fun new class, and tank/heal/ranged is as good a spec lineup as any. I've been expecting an eventual Time Walker faction since I first heard of them from the TCG, so even if there's no class coming, it's good to see the concept arrive in WoW.