Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Pretty much this Holybeatdown, i enjoyed it for the most part (even if finding a group for that darn Dwarf was quite hard) and while i would have prefered less "Collect stuff from raids" and more Solo scenarios that are quite hard, Cut the Sigils/Secrets/Runestones by half and include 2-3 Solo Scenarios .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Not forced. You can get that same gear if you only PvP. The legendary you can not get at all if you do not do some PvP.
    The legendary might end up being BiS for PvP with 5.4. So, PvPers might be forced to PvE to get their BiS piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Really I am 3 hours in 0 wins .. and that is running que after que.

I have zero pvp gear. Mainly cause I fucking hate pvp.

Winning two BGs on your server may be no big deal on Alliance in Cenarion Circle it obviously is.

Has there been any word if they are going to remove this shit in 5.4 if so I will stop wasting my time.
    maybe you should try harder? and thinking its server based haha.

its region shared. so its all euro server in one big battle group. server doesn't affect 1 bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this the same complaint that comes up every year with Children's Week achievements lol.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I felt the same way.

And yet, here are all the PVP types, who pitch 400-page-long screaming hissing tantrums if a piece of PVE gear MIGHT be superior to PVP gear in the same slot for PVP, raising the rallying cry of 'We should NEVER EVER EVER have to do icky PVE to get gear for PVP.', saying 'it r nt so bad jst do it lul'.

It's the textbook definition of hypocrisy, pretty much.

That said, stick it out and get it over with. If I did it, anybody can -- though all it did was remind me how much I loathe PVP and PVPers.
    Its pretty big difference if your PvP BiS weapon comes from an end tier Heroic boss, from winning 2 bgs. Winning 2 bgs is like the same as doing 4 heroic dungeons or whatever. Winning 2 bgs is like doing LFR, you can queue up, go afk, just put follow, and hope to win, if you so want.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    The legendary might end up being BiS for PvP with 5.4. So, PvPers might be forced to PvE to get their BiS piece.
    and how long to do think that will stay that way?

Deleted
    Meh, since they introduced downscaling of gear in PvP it was bearable, although winning "Temple of Kotmogu" was a pain in the ass. Horde doesn't seem to figure out how this BG works. It's really sad when you, as a "dragonslayer", are the only one trying to do it right and all the PvP heroes are running around like retarded monkeys. Well, got lucky after a few tries, 3 or 4 healers and alot of plate wearers, resulting in more or less a walk in the park.

I'm on an RP server. I managed to get them both done on first/second try, with full pve gear lol. If you want the rewards of the chain, you do what it asks, if you can't be arsed to at least try then no rewards for you!

I like that they put in some pvp stuff, some solo stuff into these chains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Isn't this the same complaint that comes up every year with Children's Week achievements lol.....
    No. The problem with the Children's Week achievements is that people on your OWN TEAM can and will grief you out of them just because they can. And they will laugh in /bg about doing so. If they'd change the Children's Week thing to just 'win one of each BG with your orphan out' or 'get X number of kills with your orphan out' so that PVPers had a vested interest in NOT going out of their way to screw people out of the achievement, we wouldn't care. See also: the other holidays' PVP requirements. You may have noticed no one gripes about those.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

I hate PvP too, more then anything. I tried it a few times, but I suck at it and can't stand the PvP kiddies who think they're so leet, so I never ever do it. Yet winning two BGs for the cloak never bothered me. You don't even have to actually do anything. Just go in, walk around enough to not be reported AFK and wait for a group to win (which can take a while, depending on your battlegroup/faction).

And yes, I think it is meant for the PvE people that never tried PvP, just to get them to try it and step out of their comfort zone. Some might actually enjoy PvP and will continue doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    ok so obviously I am behind and have just gotten to the point where I have to win to specific BGs to continue the legendary quest chain.

Several things first I am on a RP server. Why the fuck is blizz forcing me to pvp? Do they think I might say oh this is fun and become a pvp hound?

All this succeeds in doing is pissing off PVE people like myself (cause I hate pvp) and the pvp people cause they have to deal with PVE types in the BGs.

At this point I am 8 BGs (zero wins) in and about to just write my cloak off as a loss cause I would rather be doing others things.
    How is trying to tie EVERY part of the game into an EPIC quest a bad thing? Blizzard should add more quests like that to get people to experience every part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    If you can't arse yourself to do 2 BG:s, despite that it might take a few hours on your server, then you are not worthy of the Legendary cloak.
    you mean the legendary PVE cloak?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Not to mention the titan runestones with good RNG took me 12 weeks to complete.
    Not to nitpick, but considering you only need 12 runestones to begin with, I wouldn't call 1 a week "good RNG" heh.
    OT: I hated it too OP, but it's not too bad, just keeping going until you get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    you mean the legendary PVE cloak?
    Yes, that you get from doing a story that is 100% about the war between ally and horde.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I felt the same way.

And yet, here are all the PVP types, who pitch 400-page-long screaming hissing tantrums if a piece of PVE gear MIGHT be superior to PVP gear in the same slot for PVP, raising the rallying cry of 'We should NEVER EVER EVER have to do icky PVE to get gear for PVP.', saying 'it r nt so bad jst do it lul'.

It's the textbook definition of hypocrisy, pretty much.

That said, stick it out and get it over with. If I did it, anybody can -- though all it did was remind me how much I loathe PVP and PVPers.
    Theres a slight difference between BiS item from (heroic)raiding that can change the outcome of high level arena match or winning 2 bgs.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManglolSA View Post
    Don't worry you're not the only one behind, I've not been able to start the quest chain yet becaues my quest log is full of other quests I have not been able to complete over the years.
    Am I the only one that found this hilarious?

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Not forced, as stated, this quest chain is optional. Additionally, it is not PvE's fault that the PvE item is BiS for PvP - Blame Blizzard and request they give the option for a PvP Legendary. That you can only achieve through PvP and does not require you to run any PvE content.
    There should be something to support the PvP community. But forcing PvE players into PvP is not acceptable

Deleted
    So having to do something outside of what you normally do and might be challenging, to get a motherf****** Legendary cloak is too much to ask for?! Guess legendary means f*** all to people, next expansion you'll probably want one from the first questgiver.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    So having to do something outside of what you normally do and might be challenging, to get a motherf****** Legendary cloak is too much to ask for?! Guess legendary means f*** all to people, next expansion you'll probably want one from the first questgiver.
    I remeber the time when legendarys actually ment something and was hard to get, now people cry like little kids because they have to do 2 bgs to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Not to nitpick, but considering you only need 12 runestones to begin with, I wouldn't call 1 a week "good RNG" heh.
    OT: I hated it too OP, but it's not too bad, just keeping going until you get it.
    If he was collecting them before the guaranteed drop from Lei Shen, or sarcasm, hard to tell at times