Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard destruction of world pvp intentionally gets more obvious....

Quote from the latest interview with gc.

`
    There are a few leveling areas that need stronger guards, such as around the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands.`

So even the areas where world pvp is a tiny possiblity are going to get `super` guards that kill off any individual attack on an area before it even gets going.......

tell me why I rolled on a pvp server again? `sigh` this game used to have some awesome open world battles before elite guards were introduced its totally at odds with the concept of a pvp server....if they want to be safe while leveling roll people should roll pve!

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    tell me why I rolled on a pvp server again?
    Well I didn't roll on one for this crossrealm ganking paradise.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote from the latest interview with gc.

`
    There are a few leveling areas that need stronger guards, such as around the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands.`

So even the areas where world pvp is a tiny possiblity are going to get `super` guards that kill off any individual attack on an area before it even gets going.......

tell me why I rolled on a pvp server again? `sigh` this game used to have some awesome open world battles before elite guards were introduced its totally at odds with the concept of a pvp server....if they want to be safe while leveling roll people should roll pve!
    The problem is people do want PvP because it is fun.....but they also want to actually take part in PvP and be something other than a target. If players don't get to be anything other than a target, then they aren't really taking part in PvP. And that is harming PvP by driving players away. Guards are the wrong solution IMO, but PvP definitely needs something.

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Well I didn't roll on one for this crossrealm ganking paradise.
    ah your one of this I want pvp but only on my terms people.............well then do arena/bgs! world pvp is meant to be dangerous and random and suprising.....I didnt roll a pvp server to sit in the middle of a town knowing I cant be suddenly attacked because theres all these elite pve npcs protecting me! Nor did I roll a pvp server to have my solo raids on alliance territory fought off not by other players banding together as pvp is meant to play out but by elite pve npcs!

Its pointless!

And going back to the quote from gc.... in areas such as the dark portal which are faction neutral and in lore fought over ground there is even less sense in having elite guards!

ah your one of this I want pvp but only on my terms people.............
    Like Talen said: if you're only a target and have no chance to fight back then you're not taking part in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    And going back to the quote from gc.... in areas such as the dark portal which are faction neutral and in lore fought over ground there is even less sense in having elite guards!
    If you want to talk about lore, then the Dark Portal is among the last places where we should have faction conflict. I assume you've seen the Stair of Destiny, right?

Not to mention that, mechanically, PvP at the Dark Portal is nothing more than "kill them before they finish loading from crossing a portal" or "camp the low levels trying to reach Hellfire". Surely you don't expect anyone to believe what happens at the Dark Portal is, in any way, fun for the people on the receiving end.

Surprising and dangerous? Sure, I can get behind that, really can't disagree. But what happens at the Dark Portal is nothing short of stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't pvped since the start of 5.3. Blizzard/ the playerbase made it quite clear that pvp was second rate to raiding, i don't want to play pvp if it's just going to constantly be nerfed into oblivion in order to benefit people that don't even want to play it.

It's so exciting 1 shotting level 60s when I'm 30 levels higher than them and its so much more fun getting destroyed by 90s when I'm 60. Man just imagine the chase me on a ground mount health bar floating above my head moving at 100% speed the max level flying at 280-310. Unable to escape by speed I must have to juke them out but wait you can see health bars through walls and I have to res near my dead body or take a debuff from the spirit res. So much excitement. It's almost like I'm not able to do anything at all and just repeatedly die until they get bored pressing one button unless I can somehow convince a random max level I know or /who'd because I'm a new player without a max level toon. Must be my imagination. This definitely isn't awful, unskillful, boring and a mockery of any sort of balanced or fun pvp. This is what I live for!

lol
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-07-29 at 09:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah your one of this I want pvp but only on my terms people.............well then do arena/bgs! world pvp is meant to be dangerous and random and suprising.....I didnt roll a pvp server to sit in the middle of a town knowing I cant be suddenly attacked because theres all these elite pve npcs protecting me! Nor did I roll a pvp server to have my solo raids on alliance territory fought off not by other players banding together as pvp is meant to play out but by elite pve npcs!

Its pointless!

I'm struggling to understand how ganking people 30 levels below you comprises "awesome open world battles." Seriously, I'm really trying to understand that statement.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to believe that this is a serious thread.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The problem is people do want PvP because it is fun.....but they also want to actually take part in PvP and be something other than a target. If players don't get to be anything other than a target, then they aren't really taking part in PvP. And that is harming PvP by driving players away. Guards are the wrong solution IMO, but PvP definitely needs something.

EJL
    you'd think the simple solution would be a loss of honor for killing a grey, but that ruins city raids
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    you'd think the simple solution would be a loss of honor for killing a grey, but that ruins city raids
    To be honest, I don't think losing Honor would be enough to stop people from doing that at all. Unless it fully consumed the player's Honor AND Conquest, I don't see people stopping it because they can lose easily recoverable Honor points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

haha, really.... that's what you're getting from that quote........ ? They obviously want world pvp to dissapear now..... Also they haven't tried to bring it back also?!?!?

You know what they should do? If you kill the same player that's more than 5 level's below you more than once every 15 mins you'd be scaled down to whatever the difference in your levels is below them. So if a 90 kills a 60 repeatedly they'll get scaled down to a level 30 and get smashed for awhile. This rule would only apply to the characters real level and not scaled level and only come into effect if they open combat with the lower player and not the other way around. Lets see how fun ganking lowbies is when they start to corpse camp you back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a thought, but what if you made it where a player simply could not attack someone who was x amount of levels below theirs? Of course, said lower level is fair game if they are stupid enough to attack said higher level first, and deserves the ass-whooping they get, but wouldn't this sort of solve the problem, without guards?

Deleted
    ganking is one aspect of world pvp and not the only aspect by far.....obviously its jumped on by those who dont like world pvp as an excuse as to why it needs to be stamped out but that argument is ignoring an awful lot.

You know what? I didnt mind being ganked......when I rolled on a pvp server I knew it happened and expected it.....horde gank alliance, alliance ganks horde it happens....its part of leveling......and thats the point leveling on a pvp server is meant to contain that element of danger! if you take it away then it may as well be a pve server! do you not see the logic in that?

and yes ganking can be the start of epic battles....Ive lost count of the amount of times back in the day my solo raid on camp taurjo etc has resulted in numerous high levels flying in to help attack/defend the town and an epic battle taking place as a result.

What I dont get is people who knowing what goes on on a pvp server still roll on it then get upset when they get ganked! its like taking something out of a hot oven without gloves and moaning when you get burnt it makes no effing sense what so ever.

- - - Updated - - -

and why is killing a low level player a bad thing! again THERE IS MEANT TO BE AN ELEMENT OF DANGER in the leveling process on a pvp server you are meant to be open for ganking if you cannot deal with that concept then you simply roll pve! noone can claim its unfair as it happens to both factions!

remove pvp servers.
    its a broken mess if your not lvl90 with latest season/raid gear which is almost double in stats you get from lvl90 heroic gear
    Last edited by Edds; 2013-07-29 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Like Talen said: if you're only a target and have no chance to fight back then you're not taking part in PvP.
    Pretty much this.

Personally I'd be happy if they restricted World PvP even more then they do now. Infact I think it would be great if a high level player kills a lower level player, then they are debuffed with an equivilent to Resurrection Sickness that brings them down to the ganked players's strength (or maybe even lower), and the player is rooted to the spot and unable to move for 2 minutes. Then the ganked player can kill you in return, then get on with questing.

Infact, I'd be even more happy if they just got rid of the silly notion of always on PvP flags altogether, especially while leveling. PvP should be a choice, even on PvP Realms - the 'realm type' should merely be a guideline for new players, not a harsh punishment for new players who don't know what 'PvP' really means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    remove pvp servers.
    its a broken mess if your not lvl90 with latest season/raid gear which is almost double in stats you get from lvl90 heroic gear

The day they do that is the day a lot of people myself included will quit this game.......one of the most enjoyable aspects for me is brief world pvp encounters I come across and no it isnt `broken` its more then about winning every time you fight its the fun of fighting the enemy in a random uncontrolled way.

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    remove pvp servers.
    This is also a big factor - there's blatant unfairness in the system. That's not fun, rewarding or challenging.

- - - Updated - - -

The day they do that is the day a lot of people myself included will quit this game.......
    Oh I hope this day comes soon. Please stop posting on these forums when it happens!