Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ghostcrawlers comment about heirloom weapons for alts

"The heirloom weapons are also intended to make Mists of Pandaria a little more alt friendly."

Wait they require you to be at least level 90...

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...irloomBoAs.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    They make gearing alts more friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alt friendly = easyer to gear up at max level, not to get to max level

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Ah ok that makes more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    but why the hell lvl 100?
    So we can use that for the next 2 expansions too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Maybe they won't scale up as you level up, and remain at the same stats as they are at 90. So like, you could use it for a while during the leveling process.

Either that or they really will do 10 levels next expansion, but I don't feel like that's the case.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Makes sense. But then that begs the question... "Why level 100?"

Yeah, that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Maybe they won't scale up as you level up, and remain at the same stats as they are at 90. So like, you could use it for a while during the leveling process.

Either that or they really will do 10 levels next expansion, but I don't feel like that's the case.
    Then why give them 90-100 and not just 90?

This isn't adding up. Either GC or the weapons are wrong. They both cannot be right.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be placeholder? It's still PTR after all.... otherwise in case we get 2 5lvl xpacks i recon they might continue this BoA from last boss in next xpack.
    Either way, to early to speculate

10+ Year Old Account
    then why make them something that only drops from garrosh on normal, hard or flexi. why don't they drop on LFR?

he's obviously got an issue with having people who do it on lfr, like only raiding teams who have alts deserve them.
    #boycottchina

Mop lvling =/= mop alt gearing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    then why make them something that only drops from garrosh on normal, hard or flexi. why don't they drop on LFR?

he's obviously got an issue with having people who do it on lfr, like only raiding teams who have alts deserve them.
    LFR is helping drop the sub numbers. I'm glad there's incentive to not just raid LFR and then unsub for 5 months.

If GC has an issue with anything, it's the fact people noticed it's "90-100." Almost like we realized something we shouldn't.

Aren't heirlooms item level 1? Technically, they do make gearing easier, as they provide you the stats, but they're certainly not helping your item level for LFR and stuff. They're actually diminishing it. Any quest green in your backpack is an improvement. Not quite sure what GC meant either.

Was my thought as well. They're just saving time from having to go and create a new round of heirlooms next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

They wanted something exclusive to organised raiding, and this is it. Don't mean to be rude, but LFR gets everything regular raiders get and I feel it doesn't even need half of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Aren't heirlooms item level 1? Technically, they do make gearing easier, as they provide you the stats, but they're certainly not helping your item level for LFR and stuff. They're actually diminishing it. Any quest green in your backpack is an improvement. Not quite sure what GC meant either.
    These ones are not ilvl 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    This one is 574

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scillion View Post
    Was my thought as well. They're just saving time from having to go and create a new round of heirlooms next expansion.
    I think GC may have mis-tweeted. Or intentionally did.

They clearly were meant to make it easier to level alts NEXT expansion, not this one. Either he mis-tweeted it, or said it on purpose to attempt to beat down "level 100 next expansion" speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    They wanted something exclusive to organised raiding, and this is it. Don't mean to be rude, but LFR gets everything regular raiders get and I feel it doesn't even need half of that.
    well not to be rude but... no, screw it, why should end game raiding guilds be the only ones who benefit in getting an heirloom item to level with. Its already known only a small percentage of people in raiding teams get to see the last boss in these cases, well everyone else gets to see it via LFR.
    Why should your small percentage be the only ones who get heirlooms?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I think GC may have mis-tweeted. Or intentionally did.

They clearly were meant to make it easier to level alts NEXT expansion, not this one. Either he mis-tweeted it, or said it on purpose to attempt to beat down "level 100 next expansion" speculation.
    What's this you're taking about GC saying in regards to the Heirlooms? I listened to the interview today, and he didn't say anything about the Heirlooms being used to level alts-- I don't think he's commented one way or the other about the 90-100 tag, did I miss something? Can you link a Tweet?

well not to be rude but... no, screw it, why should end game raiding guilds be the only ones who benefit in getting an heirloom item to level with. Its already known only a small percentage of people in raiding teams get to see the last boss in these cases, well everyone else gets to see it via LFR.
    Why should your small percentage be the only ones who get heirlooms?
    I agree with there being unique rewards for harder difficulties-- remember, though, that these are also going to be available through Flex, not just Normal and Heroic, which should see a sizeable increase in groups and even pugs who are able to reach Garrosh.

Typical "Carrot and stick" behavior from Blizzard. Do Flex/Normal/Heroic raids and you'll get these fancy new heirloom items for alts. Do LFR and get only lfr gear.