Poll: Do You think Chris Metzen will do what he said in that tweet?

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarG View Post
    So Warcraft was inspired partially by warhammer...and warhammer is inspired by what? There is nothing new to see here, everything that has ever been has been inspired by something else.
    It wasn't criticism, the whole game was meant to be part of the Warhammer franchise afterall and it just didn't work out, maybe for the better. It's just to rebuke the whole Chris Metzen = Warcraft argument.

warhammer is way over the top anyway :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    As long as any real victory isn't shown in-game, the alliance won't be happy. And rightfully so. Not hard to empathize with tbh
    While I dislike this trend, I ultimately feel like if the Alliance get a novel soon and maybe a short story I'll be quite content with the Alliance story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quickly browsed the thread and my first thought is.... who cares, just enjoy the damn game.
    This makes no sense. People are saying they don't find the story fun. The story is part of the game.
    If you are not interested in the story of an RPG then fine. But it annoys me that people post stuff like this as there are people out there who play the game mostly for the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quickly browsed the thread and my first thought is.... who cares, just enjoy the damn game.

So Warcraft was inspired partially by warhammer...and warhammer is inspired by what? There is nothing new to see here, everything that has ever been has been inspired by something else.
    Ummm probably the faction being left high and dry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It wasn't criticism, the whole game was meant to be part of the Warhammer franchise afterall and it just didn't work out, maybe for the better. It's just to rebuke the whole Chris Metzen = Warcraft argument.
    What comes from the Warhammer past of Warcraft, the orcs are green. That's pretty much it.

Heck, one of the most intelligent beings in Warcraft history appears in Warcraft I for the first time, the Warlock Gul'dan, contradicting the idea of "dumb" orcs of Warhammer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    What comes from the Warhammer past of Warcraft, the orcs are green. That's pretty much it.

Heck, one of the most intelligent beings in Warcraft history appears in Warcraft I for the first time, the Warlock Gul'dan, contradicting the idea of "dumb" orcs of Warhammer.
    You are completly missing the point, on purpose I assume.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verash View Post
    actually what we are doing is helping the horde free orgrimmar from a tyrant who has gone mad with power.
    but the alliance are doing it if you follow the lore.

But I guess that is not enough for an alliance player I guess.

Deleted
    Bring Turalyon back.

He could jump through a portal in siege of orgrimmar and whack garrosh across the face with a hammer, killing him outright, and maintaining his reputation for defeating warchiefs.

That should make Alliance happy.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    but the alliance are doing it if you follow the lore.

But I guess that is not enough for an alliance player I guess.
    is this confirmed by blizzard? if so, i'd love to see the source. (not trying to be snarky or rude, i simply haven't heard if this was clearly stated by bliz).

As of now, i have serious doubts to this as it's not Varian we see in the final fight, but Thrall. I find it hard to believe the Alliance will get credit when a horde-originated neutral character (and potentially a returning-horde character) is the only named NPC present (KO'd, but present) at the final fight. Maybe they somehow will show proof of an alliance lore-kill in the cutscene for his death, but i would think that if alliance heroes were meant to get the kill, they would have been part of the fight.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    As of now, i have serious doubts to this as it's not Varian we see in the final fight, but Thrall. I find it hard to believe the Alliance will get credit when a horde-originated neutral character (and potentially a returning-horde character) is the only named NPC present (KO'd, but present) at the final fight. Maybe they somehow will show proof of an alliance lore-kill in the cutscene for his death, but i would think that if alliance heroes were meant to get the kill, they would have been part of the fight.
    The Alliance got Lei-Shen - or should if they got Jainas staff powered up.

Overall, I think the story works better if the horde gets to kill Garrosh. If anything, I'd prefer Varian to actively turn down the chance to meet Garrosh in battle again.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The Alliance got Lei-Shen - or should if they got Jainas staff powered up.

Overall, I think the story works better if the horde gets to kill Garrosh. If anything, I'd prefer Varian to actively turn down the chance to meet Garrosh in battle again.

EJL
    It's gotta be Jaina, or else it won't have any meaning. As much as MoP has been about Anduin and Varian, it's also been about Jaina and walking down the path she chose, the path that Garrosh chose and the path that Varian nearly chose. There is a certain symbolism about MoP's story, where Varian struggled and eventually succeeded going down a path closer to what Shaohao sought. Garrosh is the example of what happens when someone fails that path, he struggled with the choice as well, only he failed. Jaina has yet to make the choice, and it makes sense that she is the one to choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am what most of you would call a noob. Started that game around 8 months ago. Been hooked by the story ever since. Between my work and my free time I try to catch up on the lore through YouTube videos. I am a Night Elf zealot or nationalist if you will. Fascinated by 'dem' tree-hugers. But playing through the Alliance Lore in MoP and going through Horde Lore on Youtube I realized the following:

- The Orcs are on the short end of the stick as they are new comers to Azeroth. Even with Thrall, they should not be calling the shots in Azeroth. As any political minority, they should be hosted by the natives and not be the 'hosters' so to speak. As a result, Horde land expansion (for balance purposes) should not come at the hands of the Orcs, in general, but through already established nations that form the horde, Tauren for example and NOT at the expense of the Night Elves and the alliance maybe more around Taurn lands for example and into neutral territories.

- Moreover, seeing how the Orcs have been reunited by Thrall and just freed from the BL, it is in their nature to have less land on Azeroth and not as much and their nature is a product of the story tellers. Politically, it makes no sense unless they're Nazi Germany in the early stages of WWII.

- Coming to the Taurens, I do not understand the logic behind them joining the horde just because thrall taxied them through some centaurs. Turen love the Earth Mother, Orcs have no allegiance to it. They keep eating trees. They seem to have more in common with Nelves than Orcs seeing how they fought in the war of the ancients as well along side the Nelves.

- From what I saw, I agree that the Alliance is being neglected in-game. I went through some territories on my main (90) and then researched them online and I realized that what was Horde controlled is actually Alliance land. Then again, it all falls through into balance, which actually is not viable because the history of some races does not allow balance by nature.

- Varian is the stupidest military leader if the current story line holds true for the coming patch. To beat a nation you do not fight it head on, but you let it's different constituents fight each other; thus, making it collapse on itself. There is no point in helping the horde defeat Garrosh by spilling alliance blood without gaining strategically. Giving back Ogrimmar is militarily stupid and if you bring up the balance argument again, Then I say the story is badly conceived and makes the Alliance look like boy scouts. This is utterly stupid. No land will be even recovered.

- I went through the Thrall quests in Hyjal only to end up seeing him getting married. The goal behind it was to have me sympathize with him I assume and to be honest, I was annoyed. Here I am slaving to save the Orc whose Horde occupied most of my lands and is killing my people in Ashenvale. His Horde or Garrosh's doesn't matter. Orc is Orc. The point is, Thrall is not saving the world out of nobility, Thrall is saving the only world he knows which gives him no other choice. There is no nobility in it. To me he symbolizes hypocrisy.

Same applies for Hordies questing in the Firelands with Malfurion. We have common grounds on saving the world an yet alliance keeps losing land. Just doesn't add up.

- Another point undermining the Alliance and that is internally. One scenario in Pandaria ends with Varian, MR. Anger Management, schooling Tyrande, who was brought out to look like a rookie, in military affairs. Tyrande is ancient. She was around long before Varian's great great great great great great great great ... great [...] granddaddy as a seamen ever existed. She fought and defeated the BL twice and won. I do not see why Nelves could be so undermined and Humans are so overused in the Alliance.

Just a few feelings on the story so far. Hope you were'nt bored.
    Last edited by Talisman; 2013-08-14 at 08:13 AM.