Destro lock trying to balance out Mastery and Haste

I can't link my wow profile yet, but its Grimsock on Proudmoore US.

Currently I am sitting on 86% buffed Mastery and about 27% Haste. I have been trying to add more weight to Haste, and doing my best to figure out Haste Caps and such,

what do you think the lowest haste cap can be without sacrificing to much haste, right the haste cap for me is 9143, if I go into a heavier haste build it bring it down to 6253, just wondering if that is too low.

If I go the above route it brings my Mastery buffed at 101% and my Haste down to a little over 20% buffed.
    Last edited by Vulkrum; 2013-08-03 at 12:55 AM.

No haste caps matter for Destro. If it's single target or sustained 2 target cleave, and has no +bonus damage burn phases, then stack Haste to infinity. Otherwise you'll be best off stacking Mastery to infinity.

my own logs tell me that haste is the best stat, for demo and destro.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    my own logs tell me that haste is the best stat, for demo and destro.
    Please expand.

I'd really like to see a log were Haste out preforms Mastery on fights such as Primordius, Horridon and Lei Shen.

Deleted
    + jikun + tortos + jinrokh

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    Please expand.

I'd really like to see a log were Haste out preforms Mastery on fights such as Primordius, Horridon and Lei Shen.
    Asking for logs where Haste out performs Mastery on fights where Mastery is significantly buffed in value due to fight mechanics is completely pointless.

All of those fights have burns or +damage done/taken or extensive AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    Please expand.

from simming my character for single target haste is beating mastery. (i guess i should have said simulation-logs).

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    from simming my character for single target haste is beating mastery. (i guess i should have said simulation-logs).
    I run simcraft allot, and no matter what scenario i give it, I find Haste beating out Mastery with the exception of something with 4 plus targets. Patch work, light and heavy movement all have haste beating out mastery, it doesn't change until I up the amount of enemies.

I am ilvl 530 now have the Meta, and two RPPM trinks and some threads I read state that I should go with more mastery, and just about every profile i see that above ilvl 530 is heavier into mastery than haste.

That why i am confused sometimes, I have experimented too with different builds I have saved in the PAWN addon, its just the its started to get expensive re-gemming and reforging to try and figure out what the best reforge spec is.

I also play demo which is even more haste dependant.. I'm sure if i went with more mastery id get a few dps on my destro side, but I like playing demo more