Spirits of Harmony - Spend or Save for 5.4?

Hi everyone,

I have several dozen Spirits of Harmonies across my toons, including on my Blacksmith and Leather worker. Is there a reason for keeping them in 5.4 for these professions, or would it be better to buy Golden Lotus' with them and transmute green quality gems to blue quality gems?

Cheers.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously wish they'd unbind the stupid things. I think it's just stupid at this point. I have about 100 saved across several toons that don't even have professions, and I've spent every single one on the chars that do have professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I seriously wish they'd unbind the stupid things. I think it's just stupid at this point. I have about 100 saved across several toons that don't even have professions, and I've spent every single one on the chars that do have professions.

Can you not buy more matts with toons that have SoH, and send them to your crafters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have several dozen Spirits of Harmonies across my toons, including on my Blacksmith and Leather worker. Is there a reason for keeping them in 5.4 for these professions, or would it be better to buy Golden Lotus' with them and transmute green quality gems to blue quality gems?

Cheers.
    Best to spend imo. There are no new recipes specfically requiring Spirits of Harmony next patch. I anticipate Trillium prices, however, going way up due to higher demand for living steel for the engineering pets/mounts, as well as the new blacksmithing pattern which requires 6 trillium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I seriously wish they'd unbind the stupid things. I think it's just stupid at this point.

It is stupid. But unbinding them would mean you're spending less time out in the world grinding them on toons that you do need them on.

Kudos to Blizzard though for being very successful at making everyone think there is more to do in MoP, at the risk of losing subs.

If you're looking to speculate go with Trillium and Living Steel. If you absolutely don't need the SoH you can always stockpile them till 6.0. I have a ton of them on 2 different toons and I am only holding onto them in the hopes that they make them non-binding at the end of the expansion so I can send to my tailor.

Hi everyone,

Cheers.
    new patch, new gear, new enchants, LW leg enchants require soh, spending it now on anything else is a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    new patch, new gear, new enchants, LW leg enchants require soh, spending it now on anything else is a waste.
    I haven't seen anything from patch 5.4 that requires SoH's. Could you provide a link to something that does? I know the LW leg enchants need them, but I have quite a stockpile of them already, so don't really need any SoH's for that purpose anytime soon.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen anything from patch 5.4 that requires SoH's. Could you provide a link to something that does? I know the LW leg enchants need them, but I have quite a stockpile of them already, so don't really need any SoH's for that purpose anytime soon.
    Well if you have that many on the LW, make the leg enchants and profit on patch day/week ? Currently on my AH the Magnificent hide is 200g, AVERAGE leg enchant price is 700g-1000g, so I'm just stockpiling for next wednesday .
    What I wonder tho, will the Magnificent Hide "craft" become a daily cd ? Since if it will: start making cheap Magnificent Hide too to stockpile !
    And if you really don't know what to buy with the SoH: get to Shrine and convert to Golden Lotus for Flasks/Transmutes ? You just have thousands of gold laying on alts which you don't use ;-) !

Good luck tho.

Deleted
    Not being un-binded in 5.4 however I personally would keep them until they are more useful at least

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just spent an hour logging all my toons and buying golden lotus's with them.....ended up with over 400 which made me a fair few flasks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would save them to boost up arhelogy when expansion ends.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It is stupid. But unbinding them would mean you're spending less time out in the world grinding them on toons that you do need them on.
    Dude, they grow in farms. No one is grinding mobs for these things, we stopped doing that week three.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Dude, they grow in farms. No one is grinding mobs for these things, we stopped doing that week three.
    What? you can easily farm up a crazy amount in a short time by farming the Barrens mobs. I solo farmed ~9 or so in ~45? minutes, by myself. Not in a raid group. That 45 minutes just got me a ~9k-13.5k profit come patch day.

Deleted
    Save for 5.4 and unload all the materials to AH after a week of 5.4 or so.

Blueposts said they are to be unbinded towards the end of mop, which is 5.4 so hopefully now or in the end of 5.4/mop

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

Kudos to Blizzard though for being very successful at making everyone think there is more to do in MoP, at the risk of losing subs.
    Other than the Barrens area which is a limited time thing (gone in 5.4), where exactly is all this "going into the world and grinding" coming into play? There aren't any good places and everyone just uses their farm and has for many months!