Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Ghost Iron imo. People will need ghost iron to make Jard's power sources for engineering pets/mounts, and to xmute for trillium for Balanced trillium cooldowns and living steel xmutes for new eng pets/mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Ghost Iron imo. People will need ghost iron to make Jard's power sources for engineering pets/mounts, and to xmute for trillium for Balanced trillium cooldowns and living steel xmutes for new eng pets/mounts.
    Plus Ghost Iron Bars will still be used to make the crafted Blacksmithing PvP gear which can be disenchanted for Sha Crystals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Belt Buckles, shoulder chants, anything that new gear will need. guarenteed to go up in value when a new patch hits.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Plus Ghost Iron Bars will still be used to make the crafted Blacksmithing PvP gear which can be disenchanted for Sha Crystals.
    Didn't think about that until I saw this. Time to load up on bars

Golden Lotus. The stuff will never lose value this xpac since it's needed to make both flasks and to transmute epic gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    There is a new mount that requires 30 Living Steel, two pets that require 15 Living Steel. Check all the "Dat Sky Golem" posts.
    and we all know mounts are netting little to no profit
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The lack of new 5 mans really hurts the gem and enchant market.
    LFR, Flex Mode, Normal, Heroic Raids...

Timeless Isle iLvL 535 gear...

Sure, 5 man dungeons would help even more, but the gem/enchant market will be just fine

Considering the Sky Golem takes 30 days, minimum, to craft after 5.4 drops I wouldn't expect the living steel market to explode with demand. That's 30 days of living steel transmutes, which, shockingly enough, is the same number of living steel you need.

To the OP: Unless there is some loot pinata in 5.4 that hands out epics besides the new raid, enchanting mats and gems aren't going to be a big seller. The lack of new 5 mans really hurts the gem and enchant market.
    It seems most of you are missing the true value of 5.4. The VP requirement will be lifted on all non Shado-Pan Assault factions which will now cost JP. Every single alt I have is JP capped and these should stay with us when 5.4 is released. 4k JP can buy 3-4 pieces of gear which will need chants and gems. The SPA gear will cost 34% less and if alts need cheap ilvl gear this would be the gear to buy. The rush may not be on day 1 or 2 but within a week or 2 a lot of alts will be gearing up with the JP gear to raise ilvl.

Back on topic. Anyone who truly invests heavy in materials will diversify their stock. I will have bank tabs full of raw GIO, GI bars, trillium bars, at least 500 LS and at least 1500-2k GL and stacks upon stacks of gems both cut and uncut, stacks of chants, buckles, shoulder chants etc. This way you can react quickly to the market and have virtually no down time in getting items created or posted.
    Last edited by Bohbo; 2013-08-07 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Golden Lotus. The stuff will never lose value this xpac since it's needed to make both flasks and to transmute epic gems.
    GC has already confirmed that there will be no epic gems

Yeah gems and enchants are the obvious things but otoh everyone else is thinking the same thing so depending on your server you might find there's so much competition the margin isn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    I know obviously Living Steel is the big one however I only have one toon with Enchanting/Tailoring
    Cloth doesn't seem like a big help since there is a literal fuck ton of it and I'm on Illidan
    Spirits of Harmony are probably going to be useless so I've been using it to buy and AH Golden Lotus.
    Depends on which toon, personally I've been making a killing on Tailoring bags most of the expansion. SoH makes that pie even sweeter.

- - - Updated - - -

The lack of new 5 mans really hurts the gem and enchant market.
    Unlikely, people rarely gem and chant dungeon gear anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I need to dump all this imperial silk I stockpiled since we get a new "daily cloth" for 5.4 craftables.
    Ugh, sucks that bags and spellthreads are tanked right now. I managed to pile up close to 50 of them .

Thankfully the 476 gear still sells for a decent profit to cloth margin.
    Last edited by Saegno; 2013-08-08 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by Bohbo View Post
    It seems most of you are missing the true value of 5.4. The VP requirement will be lifted on all non Shado-Pan Assault factions which will now cost JP. Every single alt I have is JP capped and these should stay with us when 5.4 is released. 4k JP can buy 3-4 pieces of gear which will need chants and gems. The SPA gear will cost 34% less and if alts need cheap ilvl gear this would be the gear to buy. The rush may not be on day 1 or 2 but within a week or 2 a lot of alts will be gearing up with the JP gear to raise ilvl.
    Hmm, I guess I missed the shadow assault notes...thanks, man.

Guy above me, dont go deleting it, make leg enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Nothing is certain about 5.4 other than that 999tiger will continue to mock my suggestions.
    <_<
    >_>

Also, you should be making notes of all possible gem and enchant possibilities for when new LFR wings are going to open.

You'd possibly be wasting mats(looking at GL trans); making 20 of one gem when there are twice as many of another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Unlikely, people rarely gem and chant dungeon gear anyway.
    They do when they're epic.
    Last edited by usiris; 2013-08-08 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    I'll be hoarding hefty supply of green quality gems and cheap Golden Lotus to use for transmutations.
    Let the inital glare and overinflated supply wear off, then people actually progress through new raid and need gem upgrades, should get juicy 100-150 gold per useful cut again insted of this 50g crapzordon deflation like now. Then after a while LFR and Flex unlocks, far far more people get their upgrades and demand increases, so does the price. Worked well for 5.2, highest gem prices and demand were somewhere in late 5.2 / early 5.3. Used to sell a primal diamond for 800 gold each for a whooping 250% profit, this was actually spammable, on a good evening sold 60-80 uncut primals.

I will actually scavenge from those turned-up wannabe goldmakers dumping their stocks on a patch day undercutting eachother every second

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Good News Everyone fresh from Today's 5.4 Update:

* Items formerly obtained with Valor Points that now cost Justice Points as well as gear crafted from new PvP recipes or plans will now disenchant into Sha Crystal Fragments.
    Multiple Sha Crystal Fragments can be combined into a Sha Crystal.*

It's similair to what I thought would happen and hence I gave you the advice to not stock up ShaCrystals back in the olden days when I suggested to not stock up ShaCrystals
    yes i saw this as well. But im not sure your point. All this is going to do is give people something to blow there JP on. And most wont even bother with it.

if anything i think it cud be a nerf to the SHA crystals in the game. Former epic that used to drop a full crystal will now only DE into a fragment.

Im not convinced this is going to kill the crystal market. And i certainly dont think 50-60g. That would have to make etheral shards like 8g a piece.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your also forgetting, Virtual Realms.... prices will be unknown for a while maybe for a few weeeks until things stabilse for realms its going to affect.

Also remember others who play AH know to stock up and some started ages ago as well. usually first few days you find AH is flooded as everyone and their cat is trying to make a swift fast profit and usually to find market is flooded.

Over yrs of playing AH I find especially on big content patches like this one to come, AH will be lower due to flooded but in 2-3 weeks alot of items will be expensive as people have unloaded too much too fast, people bought while cheap, and it also takes time for guilds, raiders to get used too new raids, plus new raid finder and flex as well, few weeks after patch things will sell fast and for way more then on new patch. You will see.

Living steels are great but remember even though you stock pile and others do too, you can still xmute theses daily ontop of what you and everyone else already has saved up.

Ore will go up alot, need for bars, and soon huge need for gems, flasks too.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Sha Crystal supply might be reduced a bit, as some items will no longer disenchant into a crystal, but a fragment of one instead.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Sha Crystal supply might be reduced a bit, as some items will no longer disenchant into a crystal, but a fragment of one instead.
    Pvp craftables will DE into 1 fragment, 3 fragments makes a crystal

this alone will blow up the price of Sha Crystals and the daily CD will be useless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    Pvp craftables will DE into 1 fragment, 3 fragments makes a crystal

this alone will blow up the price of Sha Crystals and the daily CD will be useless
    Yep. 1 PvP piece = 4 bolts = 1 fragment, which means 1 Sha Crystal will take 12 bolts, for unlimited production.

Right now you need 20 bolts = 5 Ethereal Shard (not counting procs from Bountiful bags) = 1 Sha Crytal, only once a day.

Not sure why they'd screw over the stable market like this and flood it with Sha Crystals that aren't in demand much anyway (only bracers and weapons).

And breaking down the Crystals into base mats isn't profitable either from what I can see.

Crappy change. =/

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    1 Sha for 90 Cloth is enough to keep the price below 100g