Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    1 Sha for 90 Cloth is enough to keep the price below 100g

If its 1 crystal for 90 cloth then your assuming the price for cloth would be only just over a 1 gold a piece.

Cloth is more than that now on my server. And with the decrease of dailies. And no 5 mans coming. I dont see a huge on slaught of supply of cloth being available. If cloth stays around 2-4g a piece like it is now on my server than crystals would cost 250-400g to make the way you are describing.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I thought that is only for new Recipes which cost 6 to 8 Bolts, so depending on your Luck you need 90 to 120 Windwool Cloth for one Sha Crystal. It's not super effective.
    Ah, yes silly me. I was assuming they would stay at the same cloth cost.

Still, even with 6 bolts for the cheapest option, that's a reduction of 2 bolts per Sha Crystal & you can do this as often as you want (once you get a cheap enough recipe).

It's still going to flood the market with as many crystals as people have a demand for, all at a cheaper price then currently.

Not saying it's an ideal way to make gold, but the only thing this particualr change does is drive up the cost of cloth at the expense of Sha Crystal prices. (and cloth allready got a boost because of the new cooldown needing 10 bolts every day)

I see no valid reason why Blizz made the PvP gear turn into Crystal fragments, it's not even epic gear for crying out loud!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    If its 1 crystal for 90 cloth then your assuming the price for cloth would be only just over a 1 gold a piece.

Cloth is more than that now on my server. And with the decrease of dailies. And no 5 mans coming. I dont see a huge on slaught of supply of cloth being available. If cloth stays around 2-4g a piece like it is now on my server than crystals would cost 250-400g to make the way you are describing.
    it's 78s/cloth on my server ^^

Deleted
    I would say because they're introducing new crafted gear, you'll need to save up Trillium bars, Magnificent leather and Windwool or Imperial silk cloth..the prices of first AH sold items are crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    yes i saw this as well. But im not sure your point. All this is going to do is give people something to blow there JP on. And most wont even bother with it.

if anything i think it cud be a nerf to the SHA crystals in the game. Former epic that used to drop a full crystal will now only DE into a fragment.

Im not convinced this is going to kill the crystal market. And i certainly dont think 50-60g. That would have to make etheral shards like 8g a piece.
    Any serious money maker will not be buying those JP items for DE anyway, you still get more profit from converting your JP to HP and buying the 1250 pvp pieces to get a full Crystal. So I am not seeing how this will affect the Crystal prices at all, especially since they will naturally rise due to high demand on 4 different difficulties worth of gear to enchant.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    enchanting mats are anyway too cheap in this expansion, gear should be always worth DE instead of vendoring but on my server the vendor price on greens is almost 3 times the best price i can get from DE with the guild perk (a bit better on weapons due to higher essence drop rate, but still not worth DE)

Gems galore! Everyone will need gems!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    more like buy every Ore when they're mid/low to keep the quantity much below average and see the price of gems skyrocketing the first week due to missing mats for engineering mount and blacksmith PvP gear discovery/craft (not a lot from gems, most of AH JCs are already stocked as fuck)

The stocking plan I'm working on right now:
    (when I use the term popular/sells a lot and things like that I'm basing that on my own sell data from this expansion combined with: http://www.wowpopular.com/ )

Gems:
    1 - 2 guild bank tabs full of uncut rare gems. I'm at almost one full tab right now, just need a few more. How far I get on the second one depends on when the patch is released.
    A day or two before patch I will precraft 2-3 stacks of each of the best selling gems and maybe 1 stack of each of the medium selling gems. Then restock from the stockpile whenever the cut ones run out.

Cloth
    One guild bank tab full of Bolts of Windwool cloth. Right now I'm about 75-80% done filling that tab. Will use them for the new tailing cd, the new tailoring pvp gear and maybe to get more enchanting mats if needed.

Bars
    One guild bank tab full of Ghost iron bars. Will use does to craft the new bs pvpgear and to transmute trillium bars if needed.

Golden Lotus
    Would like to get a guild bank tab full, but will end up with only a 25 - 50% filled tab, since I use some and the price on my server is often over my buying limit. Will use does to transmute more of the gems that I run out of.

Enchants
    I will have 2 stacks of each enchant that a lot of people use and I will have one stack of every "medium" enchant ready for the patch (including the once from Inscription and Tailoring, but excluding Leatherworking).

What I'm missing out on
    If the day had 48 hours instead of 24 I would probably had the time to complement the list with:
    Magnificent Hide - for the new LW CD and the new crafted LW gear.
    Trillium ore - price will go up with the new BS cd and the increased demand of living steel.
    Living steel - will go up a lot in value with the new crafted mount, new gear crafts and increase demand of belt buckets and weapon chains.
    Glyph Mats - a lot of new glyphs will come with 5.4, new glyphs = high price and demand.
    Flasks and pots - new raid content = huge demand for flasks and pots on active servers.

Remember
    That there is a lot of things that will increase demands later on in the patch compare to the first week:
    New pvpseason doesn't start until second week.
    Raid finder doesn't open until second week. And only the first wing will open the second week, the rest of the wings will open with a new wing each week.
    Only first wing of Flex will be open first week, the rest will gated the same way as raid finder.

Always make gold, but on a lot of servers the price won't peek during the first week or two.
    Last edited by Ater; 2013-08-19 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Currently I have stocked up
    Aprox
    700 Uncut Gems,
    750 Flasks
    40 Living Steel
    6000+ Various Potions

I considered stoking up on enchant mats, however after thinking about it, prices will fall on the day due to new raid and people sharding old gear. I am however stocking up on pre MOP mats for those that want scalable enchants

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    not that much outside PvP servers, the request of leveling/twink enchants for 1 month is lower than the request of raid/pvp enchants in a single day

I have like 6 tabs worth of Windwool Cloth and 200 Trillium Bars, hoping they'll be useful with the patch because cloth is junk right now, went from 40g a stack a month or two ago to 20g a stack and the price of Shards dropped 8g. I'm not good at this junk at all, lol.

cloth will get huge increase in price
    the new daily require 10 cloth the pvp armor pieces require certain amount of cloth
    and you can de them to make sha crystals so i assume the cloth price will be around 24 bolts for sha crystal more or less
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    it's 78s/cloth on my server ^^
    Then buy 1000+ stacks now and sell it for 3-4 times that in the next expansion. If you intend to keep playing that is.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Then buy 1000+ stacks now and sell it for 3-4 times that in the next expansion. If you intend to keep playing that is.
    embersilk is at 1,2g (lot of nolifers, low pop server), i don't intend to waste bank space for 6g/stack in 6 months or even more :P

Deleted
    Gems, Enchanting mats, Living Steel (new Engineering mount, and other craftables), Ghost Iron (Engineering mount requires these for an daily item for the new mount)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wyispa View Post
    Gems, Enchanting mats, Living Steel (new Engineering mount, and other craftables), Ghost Iron (Engineering mount requires these for an daily item for the new mount)
    Dont forget Golden lotus!

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    don't know if it'll work for cloth but i pulled that same trick with hypnotic dust, it was 25s a piece, i stored 500 stacks, i sold each dust at 16-20gold each during MoP....that profit margin <3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohbo View Post
    It seems most of you are missing the true value of 5.4. The VP requirement will be lifted on all non Shado-Pan Assault factions which will now cost JP. Every single alt I have is JP capped and these should stay with us when 5.4 is released. 4k JP can buy 3-4 pieces of gear which will need chants and gems. The SPA gear will cost 34% less and if alts need cheap ilvl gear this would be the gear to buy. The rush may not be on day 1 or 2 but within a week or 2 a lot of alts will be gearing up with the JP gear to raise ilvl.

Back on topic. Anyone who truly invests heavy in materials will diversify their stock. I will have bank tabs full of raw GIO, GI bars, trillium bars, at least 500 LS and at least 1500-2k GL and stacks upon stacks of gems both cut and uncut, stacks of chants, buckles, shoulder chants etc. This way you can react quickly to the market and have virtually no down time in getting items created or posted.
    this i have 4 guild banks stocked to the brim, 2 of which are all mop mats

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    don't know if it'll work for cloth but i pulled that same trick with hypnotic dust, it was 25s a piece, i stored 500 stacks, i sold each dust at 16-20gold each during MoP....that profit margin <3.
    If you want to guess the price of a cloth after it becomes no longer current, you ask yourself a question. What bags can I make with this cloth? All Windwool will be used for is leveling tailoring and first aid, yes they are apart of the Royal Satchel process but that's not something you can pump out like Frostweave and Embersilk Bags.

And with the trogg place being nerfed for Embersilk, I expect the price of that to go up.

You're better off stacking ghost iron than windwool, I stocked up 3 tabs each of elementium and obsidium ore in the last few months of cata, went from super cheap 30g a stack to selling for 300g a stack when smelted (so 150g a stack of ore). Made a killing in 5.2 off that. GIO has good shorterm potential and longterm.