Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG loot has been apart of the game for 8-9 years. it's a cornerstone of the game.

unfortunately if you dislike the system, you might want to try a different game as i dont think loot will be changing.
    Hi

Couldn't they get a longer grind out purchasing gear all they would have to do is adjust weekly points.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    To all those bashing about guaranteed loots and rng qq . I never said that I wanna get geared in 1 week ... but 30 chances on LFR weapon and like 60-70 on hc scenario ones gave me NOTHING !!! Then something's wrong with the system .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

15+ Year Old Account
    RNG is what makes the game. I remember back in TBC, I was trying so damn hard to get my hunter shoulders out of the SV so I could get in our raid group for Kara (they wouldnt let us raid until we had our dungeon set at least) ran it 27 times before they dropped!

Its part of the game....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    WARNING: Incoming "back in my day" post

So, yeah... Back in vanilla bosses tended to drop a couple of bits of loot, including individual bits of specific-class gear, between 40 people.

Nowadays you get the same drop rate per boss for 25 people, plus coin rolls, plus LFR, plus valor items to fill those unlucky slots... And heroic scenarios, and flex next tier.

... And the "battlefield barrens" loot, and timeless isle loot.

So, no. RNG is as much a part of this game as the "horde vs alliance" theme - it's just THERE and always will be. There are other options to avoid RNG but the whole excitement and final "YES" moment that keeps us coming back is down to that slot machine of a boss kill and whether or not this week will be your week.

And let's not forget two things: tier tokens didn't exist. So there wasn't 3/4 classes sharing a same token. The tier gear was plain out gear. So you couldn't have went "Oh, our paladin doesn't need that, guess the priest will take it for offspec.". And second thing is that well, horde had shamans and alliance had paladins... So if a shaman token dropped in an alliance raid, it was pretty much the most useless piece of gear ever.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy playing alts, and honestly, this is the first xpac that I actually do not like playing my alts because of the whole rng/loot thing.

I must have some bad luck this xpac because I've never had this hard a time gearing out alts. I really do not think this xpac is alt friendly at all. I know they've made some changes to help alts get gear, but I still find myself hitting a brick wall with getting certain upgrades(weapons,tier, trinkets).

When I raided pre-5.3 I had bad rng luck on my monk main. I did not get 1 piece of tier from HOF or TOES. They never dropped for my 10 man, and I farmed my coins every week like a good raider, and used my extra rolls on the right bosses and got nothing.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    It's frustrating as hell sometimes, but if the alternative is guaranteed tokens or loot drops, I'd rather take RNG.

Deleted
    RNG has existed in almost every game...

your issue doesnt lie with rng it self, but in respect to what other people have, stop thinking about other people, forget about them the dont matter in the slightest, just play the game

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh I totally agree, I mean honestly I'd prefer that tier was back on vendors, that way at least if RNG is buggering you, you can purchase it eventually, I wouldn't mind if a tier piece cost a full cap of valor either, but what can you do? Unless Blizzard feel the same then we're stuck with it;/
    Being able to buy LFR items at least would be apprieciated, for a high price.

I've been trying to get an offhand for so damn long now its ridiculous. I still have one from HoF LFR! To add insult to injury, a few weeks ago two healers used coins and got Lei Shen's offhand - which neither of them wanted.

As for Horridon refusing to ever drop the Wand...

Deleted
    I despise the RNG system, had the same problem as OP, only with the strength DPS trinket vom Lei Shi in Terrace of Eternal Springs.
    Even with bonus rolls, it never dropped. I finally got it after 30 something tries when I was just doing the LFRs for valor, and replaced it one week later with
    a Throne of Thunder drop.

If RNG is so fun in Blizzard's eyes, let PvP players have their gear drop from won arenas. But only for 10 wins a week.
    And of course you can have duplicate item drops.
    Why is it ok for PvP gear to be so predictable, but not for PvE gear.
    Like Arian21 said, it's not that we want to be geared within a week, but to have a chance to get an item in a slot we want, rather than something we already have.
    I had my PvP gear in no time compared to PvE, because I could just choose what to buy next and have my set complete. I didn't have to say "Aaah bummer, another headpiece, I already have that. Better luck next week."

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate RNG but I also know that they never will get rid of it because it's an essential part of their business plan, this lecture can help you understand how WoW (and other games) keep you playing for extended periods of time:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461...-addicted.html

I'm sorry WoW was your first RPG.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    It's frustrating as hell sometimes, but if the alternative is guaranteed tokens or loot drops, I'd rather take RNG.
    Why are those the only two options? Why not just do a serious valor cap and have all items purchasable via valor?

To me personally, I believe the system should yield points based on what you do. If you down a LFR boss you get a chance at loot but you also get LFR pts. Everything in LFR (or any difficulty) is available via a vendor under points dedicated to that difficulty. Sort of how WotLK was. Cap the pts on a weekly and price it so at best you can get one piece a week or every other week. It still encourages raiding but also doesn't leave anyone completely hosed on the RNG.

When a new tier comes out (though they really needed to leave this 1 raid tier bullshit) just up the pts earned from the previous tier. Easy, simple, done.

I'd really like to hear a non bullshit reason why this system is too impossible.

Deleted
    All they really need to do is add a system where things can't drop if no-one in your raid can use them. Take mail items, we for a long time didn't have a shaman or hunter, yet ALL we ever got was mail drops, tons of them.

I wish there was a way to build up a currency or something after a couple weeks of a boss kill to get to select which item off the loot table you want. Ran Nalak each week since it came out with bonus rolls still no pants 3 sets of gloves though, itd be nice to have been able to swap those gloves for something else he dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Why are those the only two options? Why not just do a serious valor cap and have all items purchasable via valor?

To me personally, I believe the system should yield points based on what you do. If you down a LFR boss you get a chance at loot but you also get LFR pts. Everything in LFR (or any difficulty) is available via a vendor under points dedicated to that difficulty. Sort of how WotLK was. Cap the pts on a weekly and price it so at best you can get one piece a week or every other week. It still encourages raiding but also doesn't leave anyone completely hosed on the RNG.

When a new tier comes out (though they really needed to leave this 1 raid tier bullshit) just up the pts earned from the previous tier. Easy, simple, done.

I'd really like to hear a non bullshit reason why this system is too impossible.
    Similar to what I was suggesting several times. But I stopped bothering :) As well as OP, I am stuck with 483 weapon, after that being stuck with 359 weapon for most of Cata, and 213 weapon till end of ToC. TBC was luckier with weapons, but good luck with other slots. At some point you just stop bothering and your passion fades away. Some people apparently find it "fun".

TBC started to alleviate it with Badges, WotLK continued with emblems. Instead of improving that system and make it more universal, Cata and MoP were huge steps backward. If nothing changed, there won't be even VP vendor in 5.4?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    WARNING: Incoming "back in my day" post

So, yeah... Back in vanilla bosses tended to drop a couple of bits of loot, including individual bits of specific-class gear, between 40 people.

Nowadays you get the same drop rate per boss for 25 people, plus coin rolls, plus LFR, plus valor items to fill those unlucky slots... And heroic scenarios, and flex next tier.

... And the "battlefield barrens" loot, and timeless isle loot.

So, no. RNG is as much a part of this game as the "horde vs alliance" theme - it's just THERE and always will be. There are other options to avoid RNG but the whole excitement and final "YES" moment that keeps us coming back is down to that slot machine of a boss kill and whether or not this week will be your week.
    Wrong. This is a true back in the day reply. Molten Core was made for 40 players but only dropped as you mention class-specific loot. It only dropped 2 pieces per boss however. So if everyone should be getting a full set of gear each boss must be killed at minimum 20 times, but that is if RNG is on your side and nothing get disenchanted which won't happen. So assume a much higher number than 20.

To be fed up with RNG is to be fed up with WoW for 90% of players ... so probably not.

Well i got more annoyed by RNG compared to last expacs.

At least than you could get a welfare pvp weapon after a few weeks if you got unlucky with weapons in raid (especially as melee).
    But they removed that since they didn't want pve'ers being forced to do arena.

And nowadays, getting the same item you have already on loot etc sucks also big time. Seems just a waste compared to the old days. I always passed when i didn't need it, now i just get it and you feel like you "wasted" your coin (with the bad luck streak protection being reset etc). A friend of mine got 4 chest tokens after 1 month of LFR and nothing else dropping which also seems a bit absurd.

Not sure why, but i have the impression the loot tables are a lot bigger and in 10 man sometimes you can raid the full patch without seeing it drop. Eg our hpala still has a TES weapon and MSV shield as we only saw daggers and staffs drop in ToT.
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2013-08-03 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards rng is like aids, just like their games.