Thread: protein shakes

10+ Year Old Account

protein shakes

Hey guys,

So I am going keep this short, Anyone having a issue where they have to piss a lot after drinking a protein shake?

Happens like 10-30 min after drinking one I have to pee like every 5 min

No, I do not have this problem. As a general rule, high protein consumption helps retain fluid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how much water you mix the powder with - if it's more than your body needs, it will be flushed out!

Never had this issue but I drink milk with my shakes. Need more info though about how you make your shake. Are we talking 32 oz of water or something? How quickly do you drink it?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Did you drink too much water?

Deleted
    Nope, when i start it again after awhile its usually toilet runs for another reason....

Tried to not use one? You may be drinking way to much during your workout.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Which one are you taking? If it includes Creatine.. that's why

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    Which one are you taking? If it includes Creatine.. that's why
    Creatine does not increase urine production. The fluids you would injest with creatine (i.e. a shake or straight water) would increase urine production. Creatine itself would not be the culprit.

If you actually need to go every 5 minutes then you have a bladder problem. If "5 minutes" is just a figure of speech, then probably you have recently increased your daily water intake and your body hasn't adjusted to it yet.

I find I go for a poop more often and my farts are a lot smellier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I find I go for a poop more often and my farts are a lot smellier.
    Tuna and veggies cause that for me

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=396746 if someone's bored enough and needs a laugh

Keyboard Turner topmiamiplasticsurgery's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Protein is a mixture of globular proteins isolated from whey, the liquid material created as a by-product of cheese production. Some preclinical studies in rodents have suggested that whey protein may possess anti-inflammatory or anti-cancer properties. The effects of whey protein on human health are of great interest and are currently being investigated as a way of reducing disease risk, as well as a possible supplementary treatment for several diseases.
    Whey protein is commonly marketed and ingested as a dietary supplement, and various health claims have been attributed to it in the alternative medicine community. Although whey proteins are responsible for some milk allergies, the major allergens in milk are the caseins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched from that cheap Walmart protein to BSN Syntha-6 and now don't have the issues. I guess the Walmart stuff just sucked

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asag View Post
    I switched from that cheap Walmart protein to BSN Syntha-6 and now don't have the issues. I guess the Walmart stuff just sucked
    Only reason I would buy a supplement from Walmart is if they had the same ones I buy from GNC but on special. Walmart can be great when you have a smaller budget but if you can afford it I always suggest bodybuilding.com, Popeye's, and GNC for supplements.