Page 1 of 3
LastLast

3rd Faction The Burning Legion!

This is obviously just something I could only dream of but I think would be very cool! If blizzard made the Burning Legion a 3rd faction for players to be on make a few new races but only allow warlocks necromancers and demon's and things that are "evil" to be aloud on the burning legion faction obv. It would deff spice the game up a lot and make for a whole new experience! They could make the new capitol city for the BL in outlands maybe have them take over shatt and that is the new main city for them!

As far as bgs go just keep them the same but have it so its either BL vs horde, BL vs ally or horde vs ally. I don't really think that would be to hard to do as in terms of bases they would just need to re-skin the bases for the BL. I know this isn't really in depth but what do you guys think?

15+ Year Old Account
    unlikely. Can you imagine them doing neutral quests to save the world and all that? See the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    unlikely. Can you imagine them doing neutral quests to save the world and all that? See the problem?
    Well they would just have to make new quest for the BL instead of saving the world they would do quest to make it fall apart etc.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So what? You'd be doing quests for evil folks? Because they don't do 'neutral'. The most 'neutral' they do is allowing (if that's even what it is) warlocks to make summoning contracts with them and summon them. Yeah, it'd be cool to be the bad guys, but it'd also force the devs to make entirely new raid tiers and such JUST for them, since it's unlikely they'd go after the same places we would (especially if we're raiding THEM).

tl;dr: It's way too much effort for the devs. Even if they made a third faction, it would be doing the same sorts of quests and raiding the same places.

No. For several reason.

-They'd had to remake the entire game from scratch if they were to create a third faction. And I don't mean Cata-style redo the old zones from scratch, I mean they'd have to start over completely, building everything from the ground up.

-Burning Legion isn't 'everything that's evil'. They're pretty much at war with the Scourge AND The Old Gods (who are also at war with each other), so that rules out undead and tentacly squid beasts. What the Burning Legion is, is Demons. And only demons. (Legion worshiping cults like the Burning Blade aren't technically part of the Legion, and are probably seen as expendable).

-There are only a small number of sentient demons. And they are usually so much stronger than mortals, it's hard to have them qualify for Player Character status.

-Just no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    Well they would just have to make new quest for the BL instead of saving the world they would do quest to make it fall apart etc.
    way too much work for blizzard
    hell they don't even do some comparably simpler things that would make a lot of sense right now. They don't even write the story like they really want because of gameplay problems.

Would also suck if some of my friends wanted to play that faction and others didn't. In order to get faction balance you need a third of the players to switch over, it's just not going to happen.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    Right there your idea fails. It'd be like a whole nother cataclysm to add 95 levels of new content.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    i'd love to be a pit lord but i don't think i can hearthstone to orgrimmar Valley of Strength..

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Right there your idea fails. It'd be like a whole nother cataclysm to add 95 levels of new content.
    Who says you need 95 levels of content for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Who says you need 95 levels of content for them.
    How else are the third faction chars are going to level?

And what about PvP? All BGs are two sided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    How else are the third faction chars are going to level?
    They could just start at 90 and level as normal characters do at the start of an expansion. (hero class style).

Alternatively maybe the faction is unlocked once a character on the account hits max level?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And what about PvP? All BGs are two sided.
    i'm sure the game could randomly pick 2 factions to verse.
    Hi

The only way it would work is if it were an entirely neutral group of demons or rebels of the legion. Either way I'm completely on board.

Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    The only way it would work is if it were an entirely neutral group of demons or rebels of the legion. Either way I'm completely on board.
    While i'd love to play a demon character (Succubus rogue please :P ), the only reason for a group of demons to rebel i can come up with (Since "Demon turns good and nice" is a bit tacky) is that they're tired of fighting for Sargeras, but why would they then fight for alliance or horde?

2 factions is already a disaster as it splits the population. Major of people have realized this, and that is why most servers are 99% alliance or 99% horde. A 3rd faction would be even more of a disaster, as you'd again split the population more.

Back in classic 2 factions was really nice because we had lots of world PVP, now it feels more like a burden. I think it's more likely that Blizzard would have the alliance and horde "join forces" to fight the Burning Legion, removing the faction barrier... Which is still not very likely as it would make a lot of people mad.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-08-05 at 06:45 PM.

Not saying they will ever add a third faction but it would be pretty easy to work around the shit people think are problems.
    Redoing Azeroth: Make the new faction a "heroic" faction starting out at a higher lvl and lvl in a completely new area, in the ops case of the BL one lvling area could be Xoroth(and where you get your mount). They would then only be able to enter the new 90+(or what ever lvl they are added) zones + the lvling zones they have.

Bgs- All old bgs turn to CoT bgs(which most should anyways as their storylines are outdated). Players who queue up are placed in one faction or another in disguise. As for why the Ops BL faction would do so, they could be agents of the Infinite flight trying to make the wrong side win. New bgs would either be horde and ally vs 3rd faction where 3rd faction gets more players or a power boost or all 3 factions competing against each other. They could also make more 2vs and use the same disguise system.

A third faction wouldn't work in WoW. They'd have to outright make WoW 2, it would require a bigger overhaul than Cataclysm was to the old world to fit in a third faction.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    While i'd love to play a demon character (Succubus rogue please :P ), the only reason for a group of demons to rebel i can come up with (Since "Demon turns good and nice" is a bit tacky) is that they're tired of fighting for Sargeras, but why would they then fight for alliance or horde?
    They wouldn't, they'd be an independent 3rd faction, I meant neutral, as in the entire faction is neutral, not like individual Pandaren being neutral at first then choosing sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    A third faction wouldn't work in WoW. They'd have to outright make WoW 2, it would require a bigger overhaul than Cataclysm was to the old world to fit in a third faction.
    Instead of overhauling, I was thinking the new faction would level entirely on a new planet, Argus perhaps. Obviously the size of that new world would have to be near Azeroths size, so it's little more than a pipe dream, but it would freshen things up quite a bit. But yeah, the more I think about it, it would require a ridiculous amount of work, it would be better spent on a new game entirely.

It wouldn't happen...

BUT I'D LOVE THE GAME TO SHIT IF I COULD BE AN EREDAR.

Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    They wouldn't, they'd be an independent 3rd faction, I meant neutral, as in the entire faction is neutral, not like individual Pandaren being neutral at first then choosing sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of overhauling, I was thinking the new faction would level entirely on a new planet, Argus perhaps. Obviously the size of that new world would have to be near Azeroths size, so it's little more than a pipe dream, but it would freshen things up quite a bit. But yeah, the more I think about it, it would require a ridiculous amount of work, it would be better spent on a new game entirely.
    Yeah, making a new 1-90 experience just for a new faction...not gonna happen.