Page 1 of 56
... LastLast

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a way to spend money to avoid doing something boring.

...I'll be in my bomb shelter. Under a mattress.

10+ Year Old Account
    it grants lesser charms? nothing new. there I discussed.
    The only constant is change.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lie I'd snag it if I had extra money fucking hate this charm thing lol

That escalated quickly.."Pay to win" is already on the PTR.

Deleted
    Will probably get for alts if it ever comes to US/EU shops - will ease the LFR grind hell for gear catchups.

Well played Blizzard. Introduce a boring as hell forced grind system, ignore the player base and say it's optional (to be fair it is by in large) then introduce a way to buy yourself out of it. Dick move morally imo but good business move.

if they sold mogu runes or whatever the 5.4 roll currency will be that would be more appealing to me.

Nothing to really discuss, It was discussed a few weeks ago when they announced it would happen... and it happened. I don't mind having it in Asia where they pay by the hour and why not buy the charms instead of buy the hour to farm the charms? I think it only makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by williedabull View Post
    That escalated quickly.."Pay to win" is already on the PTR.

Win against who? Time?
    The only constant is change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old news is old?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Win against who? Time?
    All told, this is dangerously close to Pay To Win and I am not typically one to suggest that sort of thing re: the store.

Paying to get an extra roll of loot is very, very, very similar to simply paying for loot to drop period. That is obviously very, very, very close to being pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    if they sold mogu runes or whatever the 5.4 roll currency will be that would be more appealing to me.
    A bag contains 50 charms which are 3 mogu runes. Ofcourse, the quest is weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    All told, this is dangerously close to Pay To Win and I am not typically one to suggest that sort of thing re: the store.

Paying to get an extra roll of loot is very, very, very similar to simply paying for loot to drop period. That is obviously very, very, very close to being pay to win.
    Yeah getting 30 gold is pay to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

And driving at the speed limit is dangerously close to speeding.

I don't mind the bag at all.

No it isn't. We're still in the same formula of time = money.

Either you spend your time grinding the charms, or you spend your money to get them. The money spenders aren't getting a power advantage over the time spenders, so we are not in a Pay-to-Win scenario in the slightest.

The sky is not falling.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lesser charms practically rain down on you if you do anything at all out in the world, including pet battles. And then you only need them for a few weeks. I think on the whole my characters are gaining, not losing, charms.

I don't see this as a big deal at all.

Yes, it is "pay to skip grind."

"Pay to skip repetitive unimaginative trivially easy time-consuming activity."

Some people find grinding relaxing. Some people feel compelled to do it. But some people don't have time for that shit and "have" to do it anyway.

Sounds good to me.

If anything, I need more ways to *spend* lesser charms of good fortune on my main.
    I have over 2800 now and even without doing daily quests anymore I have more each week.

Well okay, on my twinks I barely have the 50 charms for the weekly quest every other week.
    But then I don't really need them since I only kill the world bosses with my twinks and only untill
    they finally drop their mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will end badly for the game if they keep going down this road. But I'd be happy for them & their white knights that pervade the forums to see the error of their ways.