Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I'm sorry, but you said compensation, so you *must* mean it was in response to a nerf. There is *no other way* to interpret that, especially not in its *proper context*. That's just how things work, you read things and draw your own conclusions, without regards to the actual facts behind them. Geez.

On a different note, the patch does seem to be coming closer and closer. No release date of course, but it could easily be in the sub-1-month ballpark. Makes me worry a bit, as we haven't seen any of the changes we expected for Destro. Surely they would need testing, feedback, etc. and not be crammed in a week before release, right? Are we truly being relegated to playing Demo and nothing else in SoO?

Deleted
    Demo and nothing else? Both demo and affliction are looking fine, I don't think there is a class in the game that has 3 different top level DPS specs.

If the fix the devs choose to use is balancing around lower ember generation, it wouldn't really need much testing. For example simple +x% damage on all abilities has a very low chance of breaking anything or causing anything unexpected. Combined with the fact a blue post said there are big additional changes planned but not yet in for balance druids (here) I don't think there is any reason to worry about not getting more changes.

Deleted
    Affli dots are no longer a joke
    I had a easy time 5.3 in random bgs [I know i know, but thats my pvp sadly], hits pretty hard without cds and melees tunneling you
    So, my dots alone can now "Hurt" People?
    Yay!
    Affli support spec for the win!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and i think they should buff the damage on chaos bolt, Like 30% should be enough *Inb4 "uuhuuhu cb one shotted me, nurf it!" :/*

Deleted
    ice lance +43%
    kill command +15%
    wrath, starfall, starfire +10%
    vampiric touch+ 20% , sw death+15%,sw pain +25%
    deep wounds +21%

destro lock buff: immolate +10%. fuck yea

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Oh and i think they should buff the damage on chaos bolt, Like 30% should be enough *Inb4 "uuhuuhu cb one shotted me, nurf it!" :/*
    I'd like to see a cast time reduction on it, most classes got instants that do the same or even more damage anyways. and it's so hard to get it off in arena

Deleted
    id rather see a glyph or something that changes backdraft, from giving haste/cast speed reduction(or w/e) to giving crit or mastery instead, so that destro atleast keeps scaling with haste so that it is a bit easier to have as offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm sorry, but you said compensation, so you *must* mean it was in response to a nerf. There is *no other way* to interpret that, especially not in its *proper context*. That's just how things work, you read things and draw your own conclusions, without regards to the actual facts behind them. Geez.

On a different note, the patch does seem to be coming closer and closer. No release date of course, but it could easily be in the sub-1-month ballpark. Makes me worry a bit, as we haven't seen any of the changes we expected for Destro. Surely they would need testing, feedback, etc. and not be crammed in a week before release, right? Are we truly being relegated to playing Demo and nothing else in SoO?
    havnt been paying attention much this week huh? it was already announced for Aug 27.

as far as this post...i really dont think we got nerfed like people think. Actually, it is somewhat of a buff. You no longer have to rely on MG boosting your damage. It was given back to the DoTs...which was the way it all started. Back in Vanilla and BC our dots were king. People literally feared locks because they knew that even if they killed one, there was a good chance they would still die lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    People literally feared locks because they knew that even if they killed one, there was a good chance they would still die lol.

*wipes a tear from his eye*

Yeah those were good days

I remember them talking about a spell for Destro called Super Nova. In short, we explode when we die and wreck the battle field. I would love to see that.

It would even be great in PvE. Imagine a 1% wipe. Warlock dies (last of course) and his Super Nova delivers the killing blow. Boss goes down. Win!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Or, you know, they could just let the aids that is the Destruction spec die in its own fire, while I laugh at Brusalk and Zumzum.
    It is pretty aids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Pvp season ending 27th, new trailer released. 5.4 will be Aug 27th. And before you say patches are always a week after the pvp season ends, it hasn't been that way for 2 expacs.

And Afflic is going to be the go to spec for 5.4 with Demo on it's tail.

Sad to say it but I just don't see destro being a viable raid spec for serious raiding as it stands now. Nor do I see it being a pvp option really when compared to other bursty ranged.

As Seezer said, as it stands now aff will be the mainstream spec to start 5.4 with demo being an option as well.

Deleted
    i completely agree, destro will be the "shunned" lock spec as it stands now, and a 10% buff to immolate wont cut it at all but im also certain that blizz will make the proper changes to allow destro to be a viable option. the problem i see with destro is that buffing single target dps, which is needed atm, will also buff their aoe which is very powerful. i imagine the reason why they havent put out any buffs for destro yet is bcoz they are trying to find out a way to buff destro's single target dps without buffing its aoe, and there really isnt a lot of choices to do that, the only way is to increase ember generation from incinerate, conflag and immolate or possibly through backdraft, making it increase embers generated from spells affected by backdraft and then buff ember spenders accordingly through chaos bolt and shadowburn.

i also think afflic will be the spec of choice, atleast for progression. UVLS demo is an option but will be a bit wonky due to the changes with rppm trinkets but will become more stable once you get crit gear for demo and can maintain a relatively high crit chance.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-08-16 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    *wipes a tear from his eye*

Yeah those were good days

I remember them talking about a spell for Destro called Super Nova. In short, we explode when we die and wreck the battle field. I would love to see that.

It would even be great in PvE. Imagine a 1% wipe. Warlock dies (last of course) and his Super Nova delivers the killing blow. Boss goes down. Win!
    That glyph is currently on the PTR http://www.wowhead.com/item=93197 but i dont know if they intend for it to go live...

I know that many people just love Destro, but personally...blech! go play a mage if you want to do that shit

I have a mage. In no way do I confuse a Destro lock with a fire mage.

You like DoTs and a channeled filler? Go play a shadow priest.

See how that doesn't sit right in your black soul? Thats because you are a lock.

locks always had that since vanilla tho, a ton of dots with shadowbolt or drain life as a filler. Shadow priests are merely wanna-be's. I actually wish we had SB back instead of MG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    locks always had that since vanilla tho, a ton of dots with shadowbolt or drain life as a filler. Shadow priests are merely wanna-be's. I actually wish we had SB back instead of MG.
    have my children pls <3

I just like destro for raiding, im sorry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    That glyph is currently on the PTR http://www.wowhead.com/item=93197 but i dont know if they intend for it to go live...
    WHAT!? THE MARTYRDOM PERK WOW EDITION IS ON PTR!?
    *NERDGASM*
    Alright for real?!?!?!??
    *Nerdgasm without caps*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    WHAT!? THE MARTYRDOM PERK WOW EDITION IS ON PTR!?
    *NERDGASM*
    Alright for real?!?!?!??
    *Nerdgasm without caps*
    Hmm... downloaded the last ptr patch and it is once again removed. I guess they changed their mind again :/

The problem with destro aoe is the RoF change made it so you tend to not be able to sustain aoe on 5-7 targets. In the name of "fixing" single target they pooched up destro's aoe sustainability. Combined with the MF change only working on RoF I think its time they get rid of F&B and just let RoF do our aoe. However they would need to make RoF work like spellweave on madness...ie each tick/hit causes an explosion around it within the reticle. Thus vs multi target it works but vs single target it can never work. Having it background channel is identical to what demo gets with its immo aura. Try to overuse and it will oom you so its not a thing you can use trivially.

Ultimately I think community and dev prejudice are the death of destro. Its just not allowed to do what other classes can regardless of numbers or empirical data. Be it the pvp bias against chaosbolt or the inverse scaling issues firemages face I don't see the devs fixing destro to be a true peer to the best nuke based specs from other classes.