Page 1 of 3
LastLast

should rogues get a trap?

It has been an aspect of rogues and rogue-like classes to have traps in many games. Should they get one in some form? Hunters have finally stolen stealth from us after all. Shouldn't it about time they gave something back? Maybe it could be caltrops castable from stealth with a bleed or lethal poison application and crippling effect.
    Last edited by delus; 2013-08-04 at 09:13 AM.

I'd rather not, I have never taken any range ability in this game such as deadly throw, shruiken toss, etc. Why would the trap suddenly be necessary.

Not necessary. Just a fun thing that adds a bit of flavor.

Deleted
    Rogues should get a shadow clone that mirrors the rogues attacks oohh shite they gave that to Monks already. Rogues are the Bastard child of all the classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Rogues should get a shadow clone that mirrors the rogues attacks oohh shite they gave that to Monks already. Rogues are the Bastard child of all the classes.
    Don't rogues get a substitution jutsu with Vanish?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't "steal" anything, If they stole it, you wouldn't have it any more.

But to answer your question, I don't see why not.

Glyph of Sap Trap. Your sapped target now appears to be locked in a bear trap. Done.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Glyph of Sap Trap. Your sapped target now appears to be locked in a bear trap. Done.
    That would be awesome

If all rogues got was a stupid trap - i'd be very disappointed. If they should get anything from a hunter it should be a ranged spec.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    If all rogues got was a stupid trap - i'd be very disappointed. If they should get anything from a hunter it should be a ranged spec.
    I would rather have a tank spec since that would make most rogues have to go ranged to make way for competing melee.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    should rogues get a trap?
    no i dont want to be a hunter rip off
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Lately I think I'm the only one who doesn't want a ranged spec. I don't get where this obsession is coming from. The rogue toolkit is great. I def think rogues have had too many things given to other classes that could have been great in a rogue arsenal but that doesn't mean that they are shit. The specs need a revamp bad. Not because they are bad but because they are brutally boring to play. The play style never changes. Hunter and rogues need 3 specs like Locks. Different play styles, diff abilities, maybe add another resource for one or all the specs, anything really. Things like combo points on the rogue would be great and i think 99% of people have been asking for it forever. Rogues stealth def needs to be buffed. Too many classes have some form of a "vanish" nowadays so it should be much harder to take a rogue out of stealth. But I still feel the overall concept of the class is great and different from what a lot of classes have to offer. Giving rogues a legitimate ranged spec would eliminate 80% of rogue cd's, making them ridiculously OP. you would just end up with a poor man's Hunter but with less damage done, less damage mitigated, and no pet.

A trap wouldn't be bad, but traps in this game are pretty poor. No one actually wanders into a trap. Hunters used to have to trick people into traps- now it's scattertrap, scattertrap, all the live-long day, and they LAUNCH TRAPS at people. That's r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s. If you have the power to launch a trap effectively, why not make it something that isn't a trap? Black arrow is the only direction that they have taken with this.

Anyway, if they fix traps for hunters to actually be traps, then I wouldn't mind rogues having one or two, as long as they weren't as good as the hunter traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Anyway, if they fix traps for hunters to actually be traps, then I wouldn't mind rogues having one or two, as long as they weren't as good as the hunter traps.
    I could see traps having a lot of flavor if they were built into the design for a revamped Sub (that won't happen) - but generating vulnerability by getting your opponent stuck in a trap would be perfectly fitting. Snare your target and the back opens right up as you walk into their blind spot...

I would be fine with a trap. but as long as they didnt get anymore stuns.
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    I could see traps having a lot of flavor if they were built into the design for a revamped Sub (that won't happen) - but generating vulnerability by getting your opponent stuck in a trap would be perfectly fitting. Snare your target and the back opens right up as you walk into their blind spot...
    A root that didn't let your opponent change his facing (call it a "pin") would be perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    I would be fine with a trap. but as long as they didnt get anymore stuns.
    With you here. Between cheap shot, kidney shot, and paralytic, rogues shouldn't more stuns.

I also believe other classes should have less stuns, or less threatening stuns. So far the devs seemed to agreed- shockwave has become less threatening, the hunter pet stun has become rarer and more costly, and we are seeing deep freeze changes next patch.

Deleted
    maybe some burning damage trap or something like that, not more stuns

I'd prefer new skills and animations

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    A root that didn't let your opponent change his facing (call it a "pin") would be perfect.
    That would effectively be not much different than a stun.

Flavorful: Yes. Too powerful: also yes.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    That would effectively be not much different than a stun.
    No, it's totally different from stuns.

A stunned opponent can't do anything. A rooted opponent can. If the opponent is "pinned", they would still be able to do things like, press crowd control effects, pop defensives, hell, even cast.

Flavorful: Yes. Too powerful: also yes.
    Nah. It's fine. It's just a kind of root, nothing like a stun.

Could be cool, but I doubt it since it's a pretty big change to the Rogue kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.