Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    a) Because you should be motivated to do something, not forced.

b) Because the game should be a challenge. Questing difficulty was probably balanced around imbeciles.

Basically, people are just lazy, and just want to log in for raid and log out. I'm personally tired of new patch zones that have 0-1 weekly quest in them and no direction other than farm mobs (aka barrens 5.3). I flew around farming the mobs the first night, and haven't returned since. Talk about boring...

Lazy, as with the rest of the game today some people think they shouldn't have to work gear or valor or to see end game content.

Doing the same quest over and over is boring its that simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    That's exactly the same as raiding. Or infact any game you ever play.
    The difference is that people do raiding for fun, and play games for fun.
    Dailies are done for the reward it gives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    P.S. Those of you that don't like them, did you play during BC? Dailies were a blast back then when getting max flying to go everywhere to do them was NOT easy :P
    The amount of dailies to do were a lot smaller back then. And to be honest doing the dailies in Isle of Quel'danas to get exalted wasn't any more fun than doing dailies nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not that people are anti daily, don't get that wrong.

Thats that people are pissed off at just how many dailies they made in MOP. In blizzards attempt to 'make more content outside of raiding', they made dozens and dozens of dailies, more then in any other expansion prior to it, and you were expected to do these dailies to unlock everything in there factions.

This was pushing the bar in the wrong direction. See well cataclysm had nothing to do outside of raiding, MOP had far to much to do outside of it, and it becomes SO boring grinding the same quests day in and day out to get anything... and this is on your main! Imagine trying to gear your alts and having to grind those dailies all over again. Even with the <get twice as much rep now> bonus, its still a hell if a lot to do.

Making dailies the practice of getting gear only is a bad thing. In TBC and Wrath is worked far better, because you were expected to run heroic dungeons to gear up, which put on your character some experience of actually working in a team and figuring out how to do things. It also offered a far better approach to gearing alts then mist does.

Dailies are fine, but in moderation. If you want to give the player something to do, it shouldn't be the same gimmick for everything. I liked that in TBC, you had to grind dailes to unlock netherdrakes, but for gear you had to run certain dungeons to unlock there faction. In wrath, it was perfected, with the use of tabards, and yet it still had some factions you had to grind rep with dailies, so you still could put work into it as and when you choose.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I often wonder this myself. I started playing MoP in January and within 3ish months of doing all dailies everyday I was exalted with every MoP faction and have 2404 Lesser Charms at the moment.

Dailies are simple tasks. Turn on some music, do it, and move on. Gank some alliance/horde if you're on a PVP server and want to break the monotony.

Not everything you do need to be an experience.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    I often wonder this myself. I started playing MoP in January and within 3ish months of doing all dailies everyday I was exalted with every MoP faction and have 2404 Lesser Charms at the moment.

Dailies are simple tasks. Turn on some music, do it, and move on. Gank some alliance/horde if you're on a PVP server and want to break the monotony.

And since you can do it everyone should be able to do 3 months of the same things over and over again every day? I managed to get most of the original factions exalted, but man it was tedious. And it took me half a year or so. Everything don't have to be "an experience", but it would be nice if playing a game was enjoyable...

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily quests are not fun. For me it's as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some old reps had possible mob grinds so essentially you had control over how fast you were willing to level a faction. It feels shitty to have your rep speed for every faction dictated to you. Also they're just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    Not if you paid to get you entertained. Your life is really short, wasting it for moving useless bytes in a datatabase would be really stupid task. The point of playing the game is to enjoy the process. Otherwise it's a really bad game.

Doing dailies is like watching the same movie every day for 3 month. The movie you did not like from the beginning.

15+ Year Old Account
    gamers today what instant gratification in every aspect of life (society is partly to blame there) and if they can't get it "now" then they have no desire to work at it.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    a) Because you should be motivated to do something, not forced.
    sure, you keep believing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm neither pro- nor anti-daily. I do them when I want, I skip them when I don't feel like it. The rewards were never as mandatory as people pretend and while some of them were annoying to the point of seriously loathing them, others were quite fun. It's personal taste except for the idea that the valor rewards were mandatory. You could begin to raid without them. I know a couple of people that were doing normal raiding right away (successfully) and never did a single one of the GL dailies.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The more and more time goes on I keep seeing people complain and say how it's unfair you have to do dailies. It's like y'all are scared to leave a capital city almost.
    Personally, I like them because it gives me something to do besides AFK in a capital city and hope I don't miss the que popping up. But this also brings up the topic of the bulging bags of charms. Everyone is saying its a way to make money because Blizzard put dailies into the game to force you to do to them to get anywhere..? I never did any almost on my pally and he's got full ToT LFR gear with some normal ToT pieces now. Never did use the bonus rolls...because they are BONUS rolls. Not something that you're forced to do. If you wan't something to help gear you easier, why complain about it?

But all in all, it takes me maybe 2 hours to do all the dailies on my warrior at the most and I end up with over 1,000g, several spirits of harmony normally, lots of enchanting mats, and something do while waiting for LFR or BG's to pop up. So why are people so anti dailies in your opinion? Some people are honestly acting like they are hitler and dailies are the jews during the holocaust on how big of a deal it is with them...don't know why still.

P.S. Those of you that don't like them, did you play during BC? Dailies were a blast back then when getting max flying to go everywhere to do them was NOT easy :P
    I did play during BC and I've not really enjoyed dailies since they've been brought into life. I have no problems with repeatable quests, but the fact that I can't do 1 day of straight grinding on a hangover Sunday while I only have time to raid on weekdays is just annoying. Dailies weren't a blast in BC, they're not now. At least, not for me!

Thankfully I've finished all the rep grinds and I've stopped doing the dailies ever since I've reached exalted. I'd like additional rolls for my raids, but it can't be helped. Since I ran out of charm I've not gone back to get new ones.

Also, I feel that 2 hours a day to do all the dailies is way to much!.. If it would be 1 or 2 factions I wouldn't have such issues with it, but 5 or 6 factions is crazy.

Lastly, I think your Hitler reference is completely over the top and inappropriate.

Some people are honestly acting like they are hitler and dailies are the jews during the holocaust on how big of a deal it is with them...don't know why still.
    What did I just... How is that...

On topic tho: dailies are a good thing, a welcome addition. Sometimes, when I'm bored I do some of them, with Golden Lotus or Cloud Serpent dailies being a ton of fun. However, when you gate other meaningfull rewards behind the dailies, they become a forced grind.

In BC dailies were a pain as well, but the reward was a dragon or such a thing, nothing that kept your progression. You did the dailies because you wanted to. MoP dailies are forcing you to do them to get the items that are a necessity for your profession, or to gain coins that you need for additional rolls. There is no way around it, you need to do them (tho there are moreways for coins now, but at the start, that was the only source). Doing the same bullshit routine every day quickly wears you off. Especially if you have multiple chars.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Because doing the same boring thing over and over every day that you do for the reward it gives instead of because it's fun is called having a job.
    Ill put up a counter just for the fun of it. Is being afk in a capital waiting for a queue more fun?
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Cause the way daylies works inn MOP blows.

Everything is daylies. Its a gated rep/gear/vanity grind, where you can't choose if you would like other options, you can only do daylies, no other choises.

Besides...All this gated/weekly crap is such an obvious execuse for Blizzard to pro-long how long content will last, so they don't haft to make content faster...Lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    The amount of dailies to do were a lot smaller back then. And to be honest doing the dailies in Isle of Quel'danas to get exalted wasn't any more fun than doing dailies nowadays.
    Thats where you are wrong. The zone had the best, or some off the best, world pvp action Ive ever seen inn wow. And my server wasen't quit healthy inn TBC, so can only imagine it being more chaotic, ganky and rage infusing on high pop.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I don't really mind dalies but when I'm "forced" to do them thats when I start to dislike them. There should of been an alternative to getting charms not just from doing dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    gamers today what instant gratification in every aspect of life (society is partly to blame there) and if they can't get it "now" then they have no desire to work at it.
    Because wanting to have enjoyable entertainment is wrong?