Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Say what you like, it's pay for an advantage. Could slip 'win' in there if i wanted. People who can't pay don't get it. And yes it does affect the game, and it is unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed at the combat being number 1 spec tweet... 3 patches... it has been number 1 since like Vanilla to End of Cata

Deleted
    I must say when I tried Garrosh on the ptr it was a really nicely tuned fight for being normal. Even tho it's a lot of adds it's been adds on almost every single end-boss.
    And for the pay to win, it's not like you win anything from buying coins. You save a little extra time like some people already said. It's not really an advantage because you can farm 50 coins easily so if you are mad at people buying coins because you can't afford them just go spend 30 minutes of farming wherever and you will get them.

There is no way to win the game. So using that as an argument is ridiculous. Pay to win is having an advantage over others because you're better off irl. Leveling faster is an advantage. Especially when you have things like open raid spots, or getting your character to 90 before the reset so you can have an extra week at LFR. Also you must be incredibly naive to think that charms are going to continue to be easy to acquire in the next expansion. It's basic common sense, if leveling and charms and whatever other crap they have coming to the store is easy then nobody will buy them. Look to other mmo's that sell that stuff. I know of a couple who increased xp to level right when they put xp boosts on the store. If I'm standing next to a lake trying to sell you water I'm not going to make any money. If I pump out the lake I'm rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Until the shop allows you to gain more runes than people who don't pay, it's not p2w. Same limitation, paying or not.
    Hard to grasp for some.

Just total disgrace how GC is talking to the holy paladin community atm. Paladins have every reason to not trust Blizzard on last raid patch of an expansion. Everyone can remember holy palas standing outside instances in Sunwell... And that was the first content GC was responsible for.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Until the shop allows you to gain more runes than people who don't pay, it's not p2w. Same limitation, paying or not.
    Hard to grasp for some.
    It is hard to grasp for some, you are included. So if they sell gear with stats on it, that's not pay to win according to you. Since the people that don't pay can still obtain it. They're just saving time by not having to raid. Yeah, I thought so. This game is all about time investment. When you're charging extra to save time it's an advantage. I can try and type slower so maybe you can understand.

Deleted
    Hope that stuff like lesser charms or exp-pots never comes to EU/US.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahsi View Post
    Hope that stuff like lesser charms or exp-pots never comes to EU/US.
    It's Cataclysm bad ideas ALL OVER AGAIN... Just like the start of the last expansion, when Blizzard threw away their philosophy from not letting players to "game the system" to stimulating that.

Now they are stimulating people to not explore the world, after they build the entire expansion around putting people exploring the world.

This paradox blew in Cata, and it will blow in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It is hard to grasp for some, you are included. So if they sell gear with stats on it, that's not pay to win according to you. Since the people that don't pay can still obtain it. They're just saving time by not having to raid. Yeah, I thought so. This game is all about time investment. When you're charging extra to save time it's an advantage. I can try and type slower so maybe you can understand.
    Saving yourself a few dailies is hardly the same as buying items that directly empower your character. Blizzard already said they aren't moving towards P2W and won't sell gear with stats.

Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar corporation whose main goal is profit. They will start selling gear, just like they started allowing pve to pvp transfers. As soon as the accountants tell them the profits from selling gear is greater than the profit loss from sub losses it will begin. Anyone who thinks otherwise "because Blizzard said they wouldn't" is being painfully naive.

Corporations like Blizzard start training their people to lie from the moment you enter their orientation upon getting hired. Greg Street is a perfect example of saying one thing when the exact opposite is going to happen. Hard dungeons, choice in the game, out in the world ring any bells?

Paying for convenience to the very people who design the convenience, yeaaaaa that won't be adjusted to make it more profitable/s.

This is not the Blizzard of years ago, this is a corporation whose main goal is profit, never forget that, it can't be said enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar corporation whose main goal is profit. They will start selling gear, just like they started allowing pve to pvp transfers. As soon as the accountants tell them the profits from selling gear is greater than the profit loss from sub losses it will begin. Anyone who thinks otherwise "because Blizzard said they wouldn't" is being painfully naive.

Corporations like Blizzard start training their people to lie from the moment you enter their orientation upon getting hired. Greg Street is a perfect example of saying one thing when the exact opposite is going to happen. Hard dungeons, choice in the game, out in the world ring any bells?

Paying for convenience to the very people who design the convenience, yeaaaaa that won't be adjusted to make it more profitable/s.

This is not the Blizzard of years ago, this is a corporation whose main goal is profit, never forget that, it can't be said enough.

Son, never go full retard. You're saying every game with a shop ingame is a P2W game?

If the bag is for Asian territories only, why is it in English on the PTR?

Edit: says 'initially,' guess I know what they're intending at least.

Judging by that video, the Garrosh fight looks more tedious than exciting.

Forgive my ignorance, but why exactly dont they kill Garrosh?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but why exactly dont they kill Garrosh?
    No need. Highest end guilds get the fight down, wipe, and bring in other members of their core since it's PTR. This way all 25-30 people can see the fight and know how to handle it on live. Live is a race for them, and they want to utilize the full hour of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Man garrosh fight will suck....adds more adds ... more adds...hey here is more adds.
    Glad I wasn't the only one who saw this..so fucking anti-climatic..sigh, maybe the next xpac/tier will be super exciting and edge of my seat rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    This is cute. He comes to a discussion board and tells people to shut up because they have a different opinion. Classic.
    No, goes to a discussion board and is tired of seeing the same stuff repeated over and over again by mouthbreathers. Seriously, once the "next big thing" comes out, everyone is going to forget about the stupid cash (who almost exclusively sells in asia where the subscriptions are completely different) and move on to bitch about the new thing.

There's already been half a million threads about "ooohhh wow going p2w and blizzard sucks and im upset". Blizzard doesn't read mmo-c and everyone with more than half a braincell can discuss the subject constructively, without throwing "BUT IT'S GOING P2W!!11!one!!" In every argument.

There are downsides to the shop, as there are upsides. Yeah it'd be nice to be able the stuff in game w/o real money but it's not stuff we ABSOLUTELY need so in the end it doesn't matter as much. Plus if they did introduce it in game it'd probably be seen as another long grind and players would still bitch about it. So it's a lose-lose situation for people who can maturely get over things and have to put up with the rest of you whiners.

Look I'll be nice and please ask to just drop the p2w argument. It's done and tired out. If they do start selling actual gear, sure go ahead and gloat and show everyone you were right. But until then, build up your butthurt to be able to majorly blow your cap over the next thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestian View Post
    Judging by that video, the Garrosh fight looks more tedious than exciting.
    AFAIK they don't have a million PTR realms. And it's in the code for the game, so it shows up everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    What I noticed in this video is how quickly the hunter dropped from first spot to last, well seems I am gonna be forced to gear up my lock again ...
    You know, you don't have to be top dps. Just have fun. You'll still beat the boss, but play what you want...

Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    Son, never go full retard. You're saying every game with a shop ingame is a P2W game?
    Nice try, best work on those reading skills. "Son"

Where in my post does it say P2W? "Son"

Read it slow maybe then you'll comprehend what it said "Son"