Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The XP elixir is alread a pay to win the realm's 1st feat for class/race for next xpac (specially when they include a new class/race, that needs to lvl from 1) for whoever wants to try it.
    You mean like RAFing yourself and getting 300% exp that has been implemented for quite some time now?
    This. I have never seen anyone bicth about RaF and that buff is far more insane than buying 100% XP. I remember me and a friend level 5 1 - 60's in 1 week when was getting him into the game.
    As for people saying " Oh this is B2W for world 1st 95 next expansion" People use your fucking brain. You will only be able to buy the EXP buff on for toons that have hit the max level cap for that expansion. It's already been confirmed so use google for once and open your fucking eyes.

Lol @ the idiots that say they are adding tier gear. Never going to happen. Ever. I could see experience as people have been asking for it since Vanilla. Because if they just added tiergear to the shop. there goes the reasons to make heroics dungeon's therefore goes a massive gearing gap and part of the general game experience. Sorry but your a tool if you think blizzard is that dumb. They don't make billions because they are stupid.

Lets say in a dream they do add full heroic sets to the game. Great! Now more that 1% of the player base can get gear. Fuck all you snowflake fucks. A real cash shop would sort out how's really pro.
    People who are winning at RL + Got the skills > No life people who are broke + Got the time to get the best gear. Your tears are delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    NOBODY should be able to have an advantage over someone else in this game all because they make more money. You leveling your character faster than me because you have more disposable income is bullshit. You not having to do dailies because you have more money than me is bullshit. They didn't design an entire in game store with its own little button in the UI to just sell xp and charms and then stop. More is to come. More advantages for people with money. It's pay to win. Pay to win is defined as having an advantage over other players using cash.
    So RAF and Scroll of Resurrections are against your principles and break the game for you too?

Bunch of whiners completely out of sync with reality. These Lesser Charms will save a margin of people doing 'x' dailies per month. But those people will miss out on the RNG bonuses like Keys, Treasure Chests and such along the way. So paying up for the Lesser Charms is really a trivial convenience and Blizzard know it. It's a point of convenience that does not detract from the experience or rewards from those whom do not partake in purchasing Charms via the store.

Why didn't they kill Garrosh in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Conical View Post
    slowly going free to play
    WoW won't be going free to play anytime soon, as Blizzard is happy with the current business model. Even if they wanted to make it into a microtransaction based game, it couldn't be done with how gameplay works today.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Why didn't they kill Garrosh in the end?
    Why would a 25man guild competing for world firsts kill him with 10 people before testing is over? They are going to utilize the full 1-2 hours of testing and rotate as many of their raiders in as possible. They document all these mechanics and figure out solid strategies for when the patch goes live.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-08-05 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Why would a 25man guild competing for world firsts kill him with 10 people before testing is over? They are going to utilize the full 1-2 hours of testing and rotate as many of their raiders in as possible. They document all these mechanics and figure out solid strategies for when the patch goes live.
    He should of died that day. They are weak.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    He should of died that day. They are weak.
    I'm confused? They DID kill him. They wiped multiple times on purpose at .5%. Killing him would be counter productive for a guild such as them.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I'm confused? They DID kill him. They wiped multiple times on purpose at .5%. Killing him would be counter productive for a guild such as them.
    .5 is not 0.

They have failed.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    The XP elixir is alread a pay to win the realm's 1st feat for class/race for next xpac (specially when they include a new class/race, that needs to lvl from 1) for whoever wants to try it.
    I'm sorry that you do not know what P2W means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    I'm sorry that you do not know what P2W means.
    To the contrary, he knows exactly what P2W means. It doesn't only mean, "ONCE I PAY, I HAVE INSTANTLY WON THE GAME!" It means paying for in-game, tangible advantages.

Here, you fork out $$, skip dailies. This allows you to gain power for your character in other ways while people who don't fork out $$ are left grinding hours of dailies a week. This is an in-game, tangible advantage, paid for with real $$. Also known as pay to win.

Is it a huge deal? No. Is it worth "complaining" about? I think so, especially in a subscription-based game. Am I worried this is a mere taste of what's to come? Sure I am. I've been playing WoW since 2004, and I'd hate to quit now just because their philosophies have taken a shift towards $$>all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    They want to nerf mages and warlocks though, not SPs.
    The reason I stopped playing Shadow however, is the lack of CDs. Feels like I do bugger all damage when Shadowfiend is on CD and I don't get to start with 3 orbs.
    You can't design a dps spec whose dps cds are pretty much all talents, when the design is that you PICK AND CHOOSE talents.
    Oh really? Well, I'm playing since BC, and if everytime Blizz said they are gonna nerf warlocks and mages someone gives me 1$, I'm gonna be a multibillionaire at this moment for sure. They've already nerfed SP up to the ground since we don't have any survivability, our utility is overhealing shit and our damage is shit anytime when there is no 3 targets to dot. Our talents are shit, because we're forced to take Insanity and DI, since everything else is being sacrificed to the mystical pvp balance. We have no dps cooldowns, since "we're not gonna make every class the same". We're at the bottom in 5.4, in fact. And that is kind of super nice class balance for us Shadowpriests to just cancel subs or start playing fucking mage (which fire spec, by the way, is beyond ridiculisness in terms of stupid overpoweredness in damage). Good job, blizz, good job. Continue to do this shit and then in q4 start wonder, why are people leaving your nice, balanced for mages and warlocks, game.

Why does everyone who uploads wow videos insist on using their own ridiculous soundtrack?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelis View Post
    If someone's life is so damn bloody busy (which is a good thing btw), and wants to pay some cash to skip dailies, let him. He gets to skip the grind for how many weeks he is willing to pay, Blizzard gets more funding to continue to make the games we love, there's a limit that we share to prevent that rich dude to gaining an obvious advantage. It's a win situation for everyone involved.

But if these..."whiners" are so damn hell bent on balance, then perhaps they can start contributing by checking their computer.

- It better not have anything in it that will allow you better performance than a shoebox computer just meeting the recommended performance of the game. It's definitely yours truly, P2Win.
    - Mouse and keyboard has reprogrammable hotkeys and macros? throw that shit out, unfair advantage.
    - Using ventrilo/mumble/teamspeak that has better clarity and dedicated connection for voice communication? Turn it off and use blizzard voice chat thank you very much.
    - Dual or multiple screen enabling you to read strats while clearing a boss faster? stick to the dungeon journal buddy, and donate that other screen to the local charity. Might as well do your bit towards humanity while championing for true unadulterated game-balance.
    - Addons during arena and battleground? Be like the arena pros, turn those clutches off

Else these "Game balance champions" are just hypocrites.
    Your comment is bullshit, and you know it. Macro oriented peripherals are banned from competitive play because of unfair advantages, which part of pay to win is that though? You want blizzard to monitor what you plug into your computer so I can't keybind shieldwall to my razer naga???????

Blizzard putting in currency to buy tokens so one person has to do dailies and the one spending money can not do it, or buy them and do them for double the currency, is PAY TO WIN. You know what makes it worse? The fact that these tokens give you a chance at literally the best loot in the game. Did you think about that at all?

Either you're trolling, or are super delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    To the contrary, he knows exactly what P2W means. It doesn't only mean, "ONCE I PAY, I HAVE INSTANTLY WON THE GAME!" It means paying for in-game, tangible advantages.

Here, you fork out $$, skip dailies. This allows you to gain power for your character in other ways while people who don't fork out $$ are left grinding hours of dailies a week. This is an in-game, tangible advantage, paid for with real $$. Also known as pay to win.

Is it a huge deal? No. Is it worth "complaining" about? I think so, especially in a subscription-based game. Am I worried this is a mere taste of what's to come? Sure I am. I've been playing WoW since 2004, and I'd hate to quit now just because their philosophies have taken a shift towards $$>all.
    No P2W is when you fork over real cash for items, skills, etc that can only be obtained in such a way that provides you with an advantage that other MUST also spend money to be on equal footing with you.

So no these charms and xp boosts are not pay to win, people who don't pay can also reach the same "power level".

To many confuse PFC and P2W.

Plus if people think this is P2W now, wonder why they never had this issue when sites/guild/players were selling raid gear and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    You know what makes it worse? The fact that these tokens give you a chance at literally the best loot in the game. Did you think about that at all?
    Did you think about it at all? Repeat what you said.

Then remember to even get the chance to roll on that loot you have to kill the boss that drops it.

Then remember anyone else can get the same bonus roll via a very small amount of work.

Then remember regardless of effort, time or money you can never get more then three per week.

Seriously, does no-one even think before they motormouth anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Plus if people think this is P2W now, wonder why they never had this issue when sites/guild/players were selling raid gear and what not.
    Hypocrisy. Wouldn't suprise me if most of the ragers either bought their services or sold them.

People don't like losing control over an advantagous situation. I imagine a lot of the backlash towards Diablo 3's Auction House (before launch - post launch most of us could see issues with its implimentation) was from people who sold D2 gear and accounts on Ebay.

the day they start selling THE BEST gear ONLY obtainable with real $$ i think we should be allrite.

for example - best 25 heroic gear ilvl is 550 ( this is just an example, not an actual ilvl )

in store ONLY epics - ilvl 590. for $25 per item. = this is when i quit the game. this is why i quit diablo too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    WoW won't be going free to play anytime soon, as Blizzard is happy with the current business model. Even if they wanted to make it into a microtransaction based game, it couldn't be done with how gameplay works today.
    It would be better to go free to play. The new transmog-items which you can buy and the in-game store are just the beginning, and imo it's wrong to feed on Blizzard this way. I pay for every month I play, isn't that enough? No, there have to be items you can buy to change your style and flasks which will help you leveling faster.. is that really necessary? I guess there's a bunch of guys who want this really hard, but imo it destroys the "feeling" in-game. Atm it's easy to level fast (especially with "recruit a friend"-bonus), and even without heirlooms and guild bonusses you can level fast. I don't get it. Every game (I remember some browsergames which work like this, and also some mmorpg's) has got some bonusses, but the game itself is free, and bonusses can be bought. Why does Blizzard think that they can't do it also? I would be happier if the game would be free to play because imo these new features are.. awful. But it'll be like told, so it seems Blizzard will loose many players who think like me. It's a pity.

I was told before some minutes (we discussed the in-game store and the p2w-thing) that Blizzard is just now milking their game. WoW is just a cash cow. Again a pity.
    Last edited by mmocf555db6d03; 2013-08-07 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    "Keep up serpent sting. Signature on cooldown. Get focus with focus getter. Arcane shot as filler. Which hunter spec is this?
    Keep up X. Use Y on CD. Fill with Z. Perhaps proc A. What spec am I?" - rofl, this one is the best thing I heard from devs.

Better to say, "what class am I?" and pretty much the reason I quit the game. Everything is the same, just different numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    "Keep up serpent sting. Signature on cooldown. Get focus with focus getter. Arcane shot as filler. Which hunter spec is this?
    Keep up X. Use Y on CD. Fill with Z. Perhaps proc A. What spec am I?" - rofl, this one is the best thing I heard from devs.

Better to say, "what class am I?" and pretty much the reason I quit the game. Everything is the same, just different numbers...
    no shit, is this actually news to anyone? 8 years and how long did it take you to figure out?

it's funny because the EXACT same argument was made like 2 weeks ago about mage specs, look at every single 3 dps spec class across the board and they all share huge similarities. who would've thunk?

Deleted
    I'm starting to hate Ghostcrawler's responses