Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tell her to try it for 10 games in a row. If she still doesn't like it; back off. Not worth the tension in the relationship. If she only wants to do bot games, overall it won't matter ... if she plays against people, she'll eventually have to learn or will get frustrated and quit playing or go to only bot games. Just be encouraging and know when to suggest and when to back off

if you can get her to use the handful of keybinds; next (and sooner better than later), try to get her to play with an unlocked screen; this will be another big adjustment, and if you wait to long, she'll be just as, if not more resistant to that change.

At worst, you can accept that she has put effort to enjoy something you do; and you can compromise and play bot games with her; she doesn't have to be competitive or play against people for you two to have some quality time playing a game together

Deleted
    You can't be good at anything as a clicker, Hotkeys are there for a reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    You can't be good at anything as a clicker, Hotkeys are there for a reason.
    Pretty much this.

I always laugh at the keybind vs. click debate on the WoW forum. People saying "well I'm 13/13 HC and a clicker." Just imagine how much better you'd be if you put all that ability into keybinds...

It's a self-improvement thing, really. If people are stubborn and will only play games via clicking, they just have no desire to get better...and shouldn't be playing games in the first place.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

If you click in any game you won't ever be as good as you can, it will cripple you to the point of making you useless. This goes for LoL, WoW, Torchlight, Tetris. Any game basically. The reason is muscle memory, which you cannot attain by clicking. You're supposed to be able to use items, cast and move at practically the same time - if you don't you're a sitting duck.

I'm a girl, just pointing out not all girls are stubborn and bad at games, cause these kinds of threads just make us look so bad (I know this is not the intention, but meh, I'm tired of being treated like shit the moment people find out I don't have something hang between my legs in games).

Well clickers are kinda blind so I suppose it's impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Well clickers are kinda blind so I suppose it's impossible...
    Well that too, I forgot to mention, you'd be so focused on locating the spell or item you should click that your map awareness will be practically 0. (this is why people die of fire in WoW too).

I was under the belief that the LoL community felt no one can be good?
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    when people on my team in ranked use an ability on accident and they say "misclicked" i cringe a bit
    cause i really hope they aren't clicking
    would you rather call it "misshotkeyed", when u accidently used the wrong hotkey or "misspressed" because u press the buttons ?^^

i myself say missclicked although i dont technically "click".

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Well that too, I forgot to mention, you'd be so focused on locating the spell or item you should click that your map awareness will be practically 0. (this is why people die of fire in WoW too).
    That very much too.

I was referring to The Last of Us :P

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    would you rather call it "misshotkeyed", when u accidently used the wrong hotkey or "misspressed" because u press the buttons ?^^

i know thats why "i really hope they aren't clicking"

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post

lol my reply is usually something along the lines of "my damn fingers were in the wrong place"

I doubt you could be good at lol without smartcasting, letting alone clicking the skills.

Deleted
    Short answer: yes
    Long answer: Maybe. Why ? Because if she keeps on playing, she will get more and more comfortable with QWER, but that requires time.

Deleted
    Having been both a clicker when i started out WoW, and non-smartcast user when i started out LoL, i can safely say that is is possible. If you are playing jungler in a bot game. For anything else, no. Unlike WoW, you don't even have the WASD keys to move with, if you use the mouse to click, and will fall prey to anyone and everything.
    "Hey, you there, will you just wait as i am moving in a straight line, so i can click my spell them aim at you?"
    Like others have said - reaction time would go down the drain. And your life would join it for the ride.

Why would you need to click when you have 4 abilities?

I mean if you're an ADC you MIGHT be able to do good but other than that no

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    My gf is starting League of Legends and I am trying to get her into it. The only problem is, shes a clicker. I tried to explain to her that she wont be able to do a darn thing if she tries to click to attack And click to move. She doesn't believe me. So I am coming here for a bit of evidence to back up what I am saying. Is it even possible to be a clicker (clicking attacks while needing to click to move) yet actually get kills on your own?
    I used to be extremely good at clicking, I could pull off veigars dfg + W + ulti + Q while they enemy was still stunned after some practice with just clicking. So from that it is possible.

However one of the things I found you can't really do is when riven was released I had to learn to QWER and never went back since its easier, it is easier but you can still click. The problem I had with riven was her Q was trained to move towards the mouse so it would fuck up occassionally, and since rivens release more newer champs still have mechanics like that. It is possible...but QWER is easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    You can trust me. I just flop around like a fish until I decide what I want to believe, then I tell people they are wrong for thinking some other way. It works for me.
    Words of wisdom if I have ever heard any.

yes, but needs the help of the team

Yeah, that doesnt seem like a good idea.

Don't necro threads.
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2013-11-02 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, clicking doesn't work in ANY game which uses mouse-only movement- and attack-control. I find it horrible enough already that we can't adjust the camera with the keyboard, since every time you move your mouse OFF your target or a threat, you buy the enemy time.

How stupid and shortminded (for clickers) this may sound, LoL is UNPLAYABLE as a clicker, and if you are not willing to learn ONLY 6 Keybinds (Q W E R D F) then I'm afraid this game isn't for you.

Perhaps make her learn keybinds with the help of Diablo 3, if you have it. She'll notice soon enough she can't play it by clicking her spells, since she'll need to aim with her mouse - but atleast its PVE and she won't get flamed to hell because she is "worse" than the rest - sadly thats how the mindset works at level 1 till 30 till diamond 4