Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post

@Obnoxious above: It's Greek yogurt, not green. Don't eat green yogurt unless it's actually meant to be like that (such as with the key lime pie flavor or similar).
    Typo :[

I buy plain greek yogurt in bulk and eat 3 or 4 a day.

I don't eat breakfast. I don't eat before bed unless I'm exceptionally hungry. If you find appetite regulation to be a problem, you need to work on it. There's nothing magical about given times of day. While there's some variance, calories are basically calories, and when you consume them hasn't been demonstrated to have large effects, with few exceptions.

slices of turkey breast and a glass of milk... lots of slow digesting protiens

15+ Year Old Account
    Breakfast:

Non-fat PLAIN (cannot stress PLAIN enough, every "flavor" has sugar added) Greek Yogurt
    Any kind of fruit - banana, strawberries, blueberries, doesn't matter

If your stomach can handle it, a hard-boiled egg...if not, keep a stash of NATURAL (not roasted, salted, flavored, etc) almonds...pop a couple handfuls at around 10 am (or whatever halfway between breakfast and lunch is).

The bottom line: avoid manufactured sugar (the sugar in fruit will not hurt you) and carbs at all costs
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Keyboard Turner topmiamiplasticsurgery's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may prefer foods that do not appeal to your guests, but you need to consider that people have a wide variety of food preferences as well as specific nutritional and dietary needs. Plan to serve foods that compliment one another and are appropriate to the season as well as those that are easiest for you to prepare and serve.
    Consider the number of people you will be serving;
    The type of place settings to be used; and
    The method you choose for serving.
    Start with high quality foods. The best meals typically include a variety of temperatures, textures, flavors, shapes, colors, and sizes.
    Of course, despite all your planning, there's no guarantee everyone will enjoy the meals you serve

Keyboard Turner topmiamiplasticsurgery's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breakfast is a great way to give the body the refueling it needs. Kids who eat breakfast tend to eat healthier overall and are more likely to participate in physical activities — two great ways to help maintain a healthy weight.
    Skipping breakfast can make kids feel tired, restless, or irritable. In the morning, their bodies need to refuel for the day ahead after going without food for 8 to 12 hours during sleep. Their mood and energy can drop by midmorning if they don't eat at least a small morning meal.
    Breakfast also can help keep kids' weight in check. Breakfast kick-starts the body's metabolism, the process by which the body converts the fuel in food to energy. And when the metabolism gets moving, the body starts burning calories.
    Also, people who don't eat breakfast often consume more calories throughout the day and are more likely to be overweight. That's because someone who skips breakfast is likely to get famished before lunchtime and snack on high-calorie foods or overeat at lunch.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to be the kind of person who didnt like eating breakfast.

Then I started dieting and practically forced myself to eat a lot during breakfast :P Now I'm a breakfast person and can eat quite a bit of food in the morning. It's all how you "tune yourself", IMO.

I usually eat like 2 slices of dark-bread with 1 sliced egg and some low-fat ham between them, about 250grams of quark (high protein, 0,2% fat), a big glass of milk/water and on workout-days a bit of porridge on the side as well. I'm rather tall and big so I need my energy ^^

Generally I eat a lot during breakfast and lunch and a lot less during dinner. Dinner usually has almost no carbs.
    I'd say I eat around 20% on breakfast, 40% on lunch and 25% on dinner as far as daily calorie consumption goes... And the remaining 15% as snacks between breakfast and lunch and a little something before going to bed (usually quark!)
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-08-23 at 06:38 AM.

Deleted
    What does it for me, is drinking my breakfast. Having also had a rough time eating breakfast, I acquired a decent blender

I usually drink the following on my way to work/school:

Handful of frozen strawberries
    Bit less of frozen blueberries (in general, the fruit you prefer)
    2 table spoons of green yoghurt
    1 scoop of protein power, sometimes two (vanilla or strawberry)
    Top with half milk, half water

I swear to god, it's amazing. It has the energy needed in the morning from the berries, and the protein from the dairies/powder to keep you running, and it tastes _great_. I'll probably start adding a bit of oat or spinach to it, just for the extra fiber or vitamines.

Breakfast is, like plastered all over the internet, the most important meal of the day. Keep in mind that what you eat in the morning, has to keep you running throughout the day. It's tons more important than dinner, considering dinner usually is followed up by sleeping, so try and go for less of a meal in the night, and a bigger breakfast.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use to be overweight weighing in at 215lbs but I cut that back from proper nutrition and portion control. Breakfast was a big issue for me for the same reasons. Anxiety would be building from the time I woke up (Just felt like the brain was firing a million different ways) and unfortunately my appetite would suffer. Best thing you can do is pick up a protein powder supplement and give yourself the equivalent of 48 - 54g's of protein mixed with 1%/Skim/Coconut/Soy milk. I normally mix my protein with 600mL's of chocolate soy milk. The protein shake alone tides me over until I grab a snack around the 2.5 - 3 hours into work mark (usually my snack is a greek yogurt cup with fruit or fruit separate).

For dietary tips here are a few websites for research:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/

As far as food to eat before bed its best to go with slow digesting proteins or fats, ideally you won't eat 1 hour before bed. I like to treat myself in the evening with greek yogurt and sliced up fruit or I go the veggie tray route with broccoli, carrots, and celery with a wee bit of salad dressing.

Other than that stay away from soda pop, cut back on unnecessary processed carbs, and take a multivitamin. Even if you think your diet is top notch you should take a multivitamin to fill in the gaps.

PS. I do free weight training, cardio, and kettle bells at least 3 - 4 times a week. Just depends what you are looking for out of yourself. But reason I mention this is due to the rule of thumb. You ideally want to be intaking 1g of protein for every pound that is your goal weight. So I want to sit at 165lbs, I intake on average 140 - 170g's of protein from supplements and diet a day. In doing so I reduced my body fat % from ~33% to 24.1%. Just find a plan that works for you and stay dedicated, it's a lifestyle change more than anything.
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2013-08-26 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    Brilliant advice in this thread. I'm not a breakfast person either, I've really tried to turn into one but I just keep failing at it. I read this food blog and it's got amazing, healthy, yummy recipes and lovely meal ideas, but all I need to do is actually put it into practice. Especially her protein heavy pancakes look delicious. Would link it but it's in Finnish only.