Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    leeching poison from rogue
    healthstone heal from warlocks
    spirit mend from hunters
    second wind from warriors
    Um pretty sure warriors are a hybrid class and therefore should not be listed. They are DPS/tank, just like Death Knights but you left those out.

I would rather not have to stop and eat between mobs, that's why classes, even those that are not healers, have some way to heal themselves.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I feel passive stuff like second wind is fine, but hybrids should definitely have more of an advantage there. They are usually better at it when it comes to self heals now as well, I just think it should be a bit more noticeable. Mages / Rogues / Warriors etc. shouldn't be able to heal much, if at all. That's what bandages are for!

10+ Year Old Account
    but why does a rogue need healing abilities ? isnt that what a healer is for in 3s ?
    And that counts the 3rd time I've face-palmed today.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Hybrid isn't the definition of someone with "healing abilities". It's the definition of those with it's own healing or tanking spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Um pretty sure warriors are a hybrid class and therefore should not be listed. They are DPS/tank, just like Death Knights but you left those out.
    The PvP definition of a "hybrid" is a class with a healing spec, end of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do hybrids with healing abilities have comparable damage and utility?

Deleted
    Because I think it is a mixer of Leveling without healing is boring(you also have forgot so so so many other healing spells) But also because it add more skill to pvp a ability you have to use.

As much fun as them having no healing abilities would be, would get kind of old throwing 2 sets of dots on a rogue/hunter/warrior/ret/lock, running in circles and watching them die
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Because having to sit down and eat/bandage every 2 or 3 mobs while soloing was boring as hell back in Vanilla

Deleted
    non-hybrids got selfheal, healing-hybrids can heal everyone else too.
    and like someone else already mentioned, hybrid means that this class can play more then one role, but it DOESN´T mean that it can play those roles at the same time.
    so, everyone but heals should lose their healing abilities, right?

No such thing as hybrid/pure anymore. So yea.

Also, everyone wanted everything so Blizzard caved.

If anything, pures should have more heals, not less. The thing is - hybrids can consistently heal themselves AND others. That's their added utility. Pures cannot heal others and can barely heal themselves. Among pures only Warlocks have lots of healing, but it also isn't easily spammable. Most non-hybrid healing comes from sacrificing damage (spending combo points on Recuperate for Rogues), big cooldowns (Cold Snap/Evocation for Mage) or special conditions anyway (Victory Rush and Second Wind for Warriors).

Mages have no particular way of healing themselves, so they feel the worst while soloing.
    I'm having a lot more fun on my priest or warlock or shaman, they can toss heals on themselves (or leech (warlock) at a moments notice and make soloing anything (leveling/questing/farming) a breeze.
    As a mage when I get damaged and can only heal myself one of two ways, when out of combat stop and drink/eat (which for a mage costs nothing as we make our own food out of thin air) or use evocation with glyph, but that's on a longer cooldown OR if you have the invocation talent, you have 2.5 second cast (at my gear level) for 10% of your hp back, pretty pathetic to use in combat, and while off combat it's much faster to sit and eat/drink.

So ? Better combat self heals for mages please.

Quote Originally Posted by Avellon View Post
    Mages have no particular way of healing themselves, so they feel the worst while soloing.
    I believe Rogues are the worst at soloing, with Mages being second. But yeah, I'd like to see a more consistent way of healing myself as a Mage. At least I hope glyph of Evocation becomes baseline already, it has been the most popupar glyph for 3 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't want to pay the hybrid's dps tax, so they gave self heals to (almost) everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avellon View Post
    I'm having a lot more fun on my priest or warlock or shaman, they can toss heals on themselves (or leech (warlock) at a moments notice and make soloing anything (leveling/questing/farming) a breeze.
    As a mage when I get damaged and can only heal myself one of two ways, when out of combat stop and drink/eat (which for a mage costs nothing as we make our own food out of thin air) or use evocation with glyph, but that's on a longer cooldown OR if you have the invocation talent, you have 2.5 second cast (at my gear level) for 10% of your hp back, pretty pathetic to use in combat, and while off combat it's much faster to sit and eat/drink.

So ? Better combat self heals for mages please.
    Mages also have the time snapshot spell that resets their health back to the previous point.

They also have a crazy amount of skills to prevent being hit in the first place so adding more healing would make them totally OP in pvp.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Pretty much this I figured. Some sustainability so they don't have to sit and eat after every mob, or can hold their own in PvP for a while.
    Why have food in the game again? Just for the buff? Why not remove the food and give " Food Buff, I mean you have to wait 10-15 seconds for the buff "

10+ Year Old Account
    why does the 1 min cd natures grasp only roots the target where are warlocks blood fear , fears the target for 7 seconds.
    Because one is a root and the other is a fear?

10+ Year Old Account
    leeching poison from rogue
    healthstone heal from warlocks
    spirit mend from hunters
    second wind from warriors
    I'm kind of questioning why you listed some of these abilities opposed to others.

Rogue: Recuperate (would be far suitable)
    Warlock: Dark regeneration (healthstone has always been a part of the warlocks toolbelt)
    Hunter: - (spirit mend is a BM only ability and has been there since wotlk)
    Warriors: -
    Mage: Evocation/Temporal Shield though evocation has always been there since at least wotlk
    DK: Conversion

I agree that too many non-hybrid classes are getting selfheals, strong ones even and most of them are either un-outdamagable without CDs or too great sustained healing.

why does charge stun and shockwave not share DR , even when they are both stuns ?
    I love getting Icebound Fort with Symbiosis, using it when a rogue and paladin unleash hell on me, but then having another 18 abilities that CC me. It's a joy.

Yeah, it sucks that every class can heal, but they took away a bulk of my damage abilities (resto druid), so now there is no chance I can kill a dps unless I become a punk ass bitch and stun/ty them off something high, which is just a cowards way out.

You forgot about glyphed RoP and Evocation. Not mentioning Cold Snap. But he most important are bandages and health pots of course.