Page 1 of 3
LastLast

60+ minute healing rain

I went to 61 minutes, but stopped since it just says 2 hours after that. Took about 25 minutes. Wouldnt be surprised if it gets nerfed, since blizz likes lurking forums for fun stuff to nerf.

Anyone want to try for longer?

I have kind of an odd feeling that that isn't quite working as intended. Kind of hilarious though.

Haha, yeah. Got tired of spamming chain lighting after half an hour. Kinda want to see how high it can go, if anyone has some kind of automatic macro?

That is awesome. I have also been wondering about how long I could keep it up for, not sure if I have the dedication to go for 25 minutes to see if it goes longer. But wow. It makes me want to go and see if there is a range cap on it.

I don't really PVP much but I could totally see stacking up Healing Rain on the flag drop off, then go off and heal the BG like normal. I imagine it probably has a 40y range though, or it will when someone abuses it

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I went to 61 minutes, but stopped since it just says 2 hours after that. Took about 25 minutes. Wouldnt be surprised if it gets nerfed, since blizz likes lurking forums for fun stuff to nerf.

Anyone want to try for longer?
    im like 100000% sure that it wont go live like that...

Nice avatar name btw.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

And why exactly should they nerf it? As soon you recast HR the timer is reset. So it works as intended.

They should just cap it at like 3 minutes of duration, and perhaps even boost the prolonging time (conductivity) for Enha to like 5 seconds.

does it go away when you spec out of conductivity?

what happens when you switch to an earthliving weapon? (does that hot, ugh i forget the name, start proccing on people?)

there's no way it will go live like that. but i'm just picturing a whole raid having all their shammys stack up several mins of rain before every pull. then they have the whole boss room spouting constant healing the whole fight. it would add up to millions of healing done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    does it go away when you spec out of conductivity?

what happens when you switch to an earthliving weapon? (does that hot, ugh i forget the name, start proccing on people?)

there's no way it will go live like that. but i'm just picturing a whole raid having all their shammys stack up several mins of rain before every pull. then they have the whole boss room spouting constant healing the whole fight. it would add up to millions of healing done.
    Yea because the raid is gonna wait 30min for a Shaman to build up a Healing Rain that they later can't even move? Also this was done with Chain Lightning, how are you gonna stack it up like that without dummies...?

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be OP when the following things happen in WoW:

1. Boss fights take 60 minutes.
    2. There's so little movement that people will actually be able to stand in your neverending firmly positioned HR. (To be fair, you probably can tell people even during repositioning to try and stand in the puddle, depending on the encounter.)
    3. You never ever feel the need to put your HR somewhere else.

If that's really so OP that raids bring 10 shamans so as to be able to cover the entire boss area in healing rains, there'll just be a conductivity-reset when entering combat, and all will be fine. Who cares if you can stack it up to a 60 minute duration during a bossfight? The fight won't last so long ^^

I can think of one fight this entire expansion where being able to do this would be at all helpful - Ra-Den. For every other fight, the raid just doesn't stay in the same position for anywhere near long enough to warrant doing this. You could maybe make the argument for stack spots on Megaera, but even then, most guilds use 2-3 stack spots depending on what head died, and as Resto, I would rather have to recast my HR than have it not be useful for half of the Rampages. Plus, we have seen every fight in SoO now, and not one of them is a Ra-Den/Ultraxion type fight. I just don't see any practical use for this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, that's pretty awesome.

While Tiberria makes a good point, moving forward I wonder how useful it will be in a raid setting. There's plenty of instances where I know it would be pretty cool to have an extended Healing Rain, when you have the liberty to stay in a single spot.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

you know it also stacks with healing surges FYI. also if you have a rest off spec you can just switch to resto stack that HR and switch back to elemental

I had fun with this on the PTR as well. I flew away from shrine much greater than 100 yards and came back, HR was still there.
    This could be OP if HR doesn't disappear on entering combat. As resto, place one down and just spam cast until the pull... get a decent duration going then combined with other healing you're already going to do, limitless. I don't think there would be a need to do this though, but still abuseable.

As long as your HR is removed - or the duration is reset - when you change talents I don't really see the problem at all. Isn't the whole point of the talent that you shouldn't really have to recast HR much?

Its not a bug or anything, your abilities extend it. However you cannot ever place more than one. Its not OP, its just a permanent ground effect. This just solidifies shaman as the healer you use when you can remain stacked forever.

For enh, this talent would mean no msw stacks used for healing instead of dmg (lb/eb), nothing more.
    An enh taking AG instead would need no more than one gcd for the self heal provided (with the option to use more gcds for msw healing rains).

That said, healing rain will no longer be affected by the healing storm glyph, and even before the new patch goes life healing rain has been a loss of damage.

Both AG and Conductivity provide raid heal without sacrifices made. So long as Healing Rain will not be as strong as is currently, it'll not be OP for enh even if it went on till the end of time (esp con sidering movement).

Without conductivity, ele couldn't make use of HR without sacrificing more damage than enh did, though I cannot comment on their HR numbers (does theirs heal for more now than enh's with HS glyph excluded?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I believe the intent was for it to go down once and be down 100% of time for resto assuming you use enough heals. It was part of thier toolkit expansion to help resto. In terms of canceling effect it should, you can not change htt at the moment if ag in cooldown. So imagine you cannot place and swap specs.

Now healing rain on pull is more interesting, because a long 10 min healing rain seems useful. But is it really? Pretend you had a fight like ultraxion with all raid members stacked all the time. If you can keep it down on that one spot during the fight 100% of time( as blizz has stated you can) what did you gain from creating a 30 min one other than saving , ultimately , one cast of healing rain?

i had 3 hour flame shocks up on solo'in firelands trash, that was sadly removed as blizzard are pretty clueless using multiple flame shocks/fire novas, finally they just removed CL cooldown, so much easier to buff something that works than re-invent ideas like failquake and try and make it worth having a damn keybind, which it isn't.

as others have said, as long as it resets on combat/talent switches, there's no reason why it'd be a problem having a 60 minute HR because nothing is that hard/takes that long you'd really need to FOCUS on stacking up a stupidly long HR and never ever move away from it.