Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I definitely need to expand my roster. I have an overweight of aquatic pets since that's what you find most of in Pandaria. >.<

Bookmarked this thread for when the patch hit. Need that xu-fu pet for my crazy cat man title

Any chance you could list the stats on the celestial bosses? (HP, Power, Speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Any chance you could list the stats on the celestial bosses? (HP, Power, Speed)
    Don't remember exact values but I do remember that the 3 except Chi-Chi are around 280 ( 276-289 ) something like that. You can easily outspeed them. There is no way to outspeed Chi-Chi unless you use Powerball and bring it below 50% health. Their power varies from 580 to 610. All except Zao have 1840 whereas Zao has 2200+.

They take 50% reduced damage because of the boss buff and cannot take damage higher than 35% of their max hp. All of them have a healing ability which heals for a lot and do insane amounts of damage.

Zao looks like he'll be a beast pet for PvP pet battles. Super tank!

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Zao looks like he'll be a beast pet for PvP pet battles. Super tank!
    That's just the legendary pet having such stats. The actual player version of the pet is very squishy - only 1481 HP at level 25. Must say though he is my favourite pet among the likes of him. I've always hated non-cat beasts because they have some stupid abilities but this guy here has that Charge which my first favourite pet had ( Mini Tyrael ) and I luv it <3

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    That's just the legendary pet having such stats. The actual player version of the pet is very squishy - only 1481 HP at level 25. Must say though he is my favourite pet among the likes of him. I've always hated non-cat beasts because they have some stupid abilities but this guy here has that Charge which my first favourite pet had ( Mini Tyrael ) and I luv it <3
    His actual pet skills though are the same. Come on: a tanky beast pet which has a +100% dmg move AND has wish: that's awesome for PvP pet battles.

What about the other normal trainers in the tournament, are the epic pets particulary hard?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah so this is why we didn't get any new heroic dungeons this expansion, the team was too busy adding more Pokemon tournaments. (the dev time has to come from somewhere).

My strategy for Chi-Ji would be tripple nexus whelp (power build) Could also replace 1 of them with a mindflayer and do a double dmg manasurge

Tail Sweep*2
    Arcane Storm (the target is immune anyway, might aswell get weathe going for manasurge)
    Manasurge (continues 3 rounds, or stops faster if the dragon gets killed)

Other 2 whelps adjust their attack sequence to the previous targste death

Yulon

Feline familiar

onyx bite
    prowl
    call darkness
    onyx bite spam till the cat dies

Scourged whelp (hp build)
    Call darkness
    Shadowflame spam till Call darknes is back (should be able to use it "the turn after death")

Pandaren Monk
    Focus chi
    fury of 1k fists
    takedown

Xuen

Thundering hatchling

Call lightning
    Liftoff
    Tail sweep
    Cal lightning

Clockwork gnome
    Build turret
    Blitz
    Blitz
    repeat that till dead

Zandalari kneebiter (speed build)
    Black Claw
    Hunting party

Nizau

Golden Hatchling

Call lightning
    Liftoff
    Tailsweep
    repeat till the dragon dies

Landro XT
    Boombot
    zap
    heartbroken (charge should hit the same turn as zap, wish is on cd= trample will be used) buffing the bomb allready in mid air
    2 zaps

If the ox survives that (the bomb and the zaps combined would do +/- 1900 dmg)

Tranquil mech yeti
    Ion cannon
    Call lightning
    Ion cannon
    Even if the wish landed on the turn of the 2nd zap, he'd be around 1200 before the zap, 800ish after and the mech yeti will remove that by the time call lightning hits, the 2nd ion cannon is only needed if the ox somehow has low hp left

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Ah so this is why we didn't get any new heroic dungeons this expansion, the team was too busy adding more Pokemon tournaments. (the dev time has to come from somewhere).
    Pokemons are much more important than dungeons! The pets are so cute and cuddly!!
    Hi

I'm sure the dungeon team has been incredibly busy with making all that new gear and stuff that you can earn from this tournament.

Oh wait-

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    My strategy for Chi-Ji would be tripple nexus whelp (power build) Could also replace 1 of them with a mindflayer and do a double dmg manasurge

Tail Sweep*2
    Arcane Storm (the target is immune anyway, might aswell get weathe going for manasurge)
    Manasurge (continues 3 rounds, or stops faster if the dragon gets killed)

Other 2 whelps adjust their attack sequence to the previous targste death

Yulon

Feline familiar

onyx bite
    prowl
    call darkness
    onyx bite spam till the cat dies

Scourged whelp (hp build)
    Call darkness
    Shadowflame spam till Call darknes is back (should be able to use it "the turn after death")

Pandaren Monk
    Focus chi
    fury of 1k fists
    takedown

Xuen

Thundering hatchling

Call lightning
    Liftoff
    Tail sweep
    Cal lightning

Clockwork gnome
    Build turret
    Blitz
    Blitz
    repeat that till dead

Zandalari kneebiter (speed build)
    Black Claw
    Hunting party

Nizau

Golden Hatchling

Call lightning
    Liftoff
    Tailsweep
    repeat till the dragon dies

Landro XT
    Boombot
    zap
    heartbroken (charge should hit the same turn as zap, wish is on cd= trample will be used) buffing the bomb allready in mid air
    2 zaps

If the ox survives that (the bomb and the zaps combined would do +/- 1900 dmg)

Tranquil mech yeti
    Ion cannon
    Call lightning
    Ion cannon
    Even if the wish landed on the turn of the 2nd zap, he'd be around 1200 before the zap, 800ish after and the mech yeti will remove that by the time call lightning hits, the 2nd ion cannon is only needed if the ox somehow has low hp left
    Have you won any of the battles with these combos? They sound fairly weak. The tripple whelp and/or mindflayer vs Chi-CHI* doesn't work ( for me atleast ) because he outheals your damage.

Blitz does weak damage versus beasts so Clockwork Gnome using blitz vs Xu-Fu is a suicide.

Too much heal reduction versus Yu'la. Her only heal ability has a 3 turn cooldown and she only activates it once at the end ( if you are doing it right ) and whether you reduce the heal or not your pet still gets its HP halved. What you need to do there is having strong humanoid attacks, fast humanoid interrupters/doggers.

The Zao team you have posted also doesn't seem trustworthy because Zao only has one 1 turn attack ( the rest are 2 round attack and a heal ) so you will miss your heartbroken buff most of the time ( as it was with me ) and XT doesn't have enough damage output to take it down. Call Lightning pet and Build Turret pet ( clockwork ) would work though. Or Call Lightning with any good DoT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    His actual pet skills though are the same. Come on: a tanky beast pet which has a +100% dmg move AND has wish: that's awesome for PvP pet battles.
    Yes but they do way less damage and are strong versus Critter and there are barely any people who use critters in pvp pet battles. Idk what 100% dmg move you are talking about. If it'sthe charge...idk it is nice and wish is also nice yeah. But he is definetely not a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    What about the other normal trainers in the tournament, are the epic pets particulary hard?
    They are legendary too. But they are fairly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    To think that so much devs time actually go into this nonsense is just ... well imho it's just wrong. Not to be hater or anything, but I don't see the Warcraft in this and it is really sad for me to see this being given so much attention rather then blizz focusing on entirely different and much more important areas.

On topic, I guess this will be a very useful guide for some players out there and I respect that but seriously, this has no business being in the game. HearthStone as a mini-game would be in my eyes much more fitting to the theme than this, it's really just a shame.
    Lol.

Pet battles don't fit but card games do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    And yaaaay, mini-Xuen. Was hoping for the little bugger to become a battlepet when I first saw Xuen's litter surrounding his temple.
    Same. Only bad thing is my monk main will never have any other pet out ever again.
    Last edited by Hurwyn; 2013-08-05 at 06:03 PM.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice guide. I'll have to improve my roster though.

Also: Niuzao's calf stole my name!

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Nice guide. I'll have to improve my roster though.

Also: Niuzao's calf stole my name!
    Heh indeed.

After all the positive feedback I am thinking of making another guide for pet battles...maybe some "Tips & Tricks" style guide. What do you guys think? Or quick ways to level up? Looking for ideas!

- - - Updated - - -

/facepalm...

So is this the token stupid post? WoW is developed by separate teams for each aspect of the game. The UI team handles the pet battles, while the dungeon team handles, well , dungeons. If you don't like pet battles, don't do them. But you'd be surprised how many people do like them, so for blizzard its a solid investment.

Back to topic, The tournament looks like something I'd really want to do, just need to level up a few guys to 25. That Xuen pet looks awesome, I need that ;p
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope I picked a few good pets for this when I levelled my army for the 75 pets achievement.

Little Xuen is sooooo cute. I wants.

It's such a pleasure leveling Lil' Xuen <3 Gotta love one shotting critters with no CD ability and healing 70-80% hp with 1 ability xD

- - - Updated - - -

Lil' Xuen now level 20 <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the guide , I bookmarked it