Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    After 20+ hours of desperate attempts and 100+ dead pets I was finally able to complete the Celestial Tournament. This quest is insane but the rewards from it are well worth the effort.
    Congratulations! I'm glad all that effort paid off for you. Thanks for sharing your strats!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the information, OP! I will save it and put it to good use.

Yey :P Glad to be helpful

I found Nizao the easiest but the crane very very hard.
    For Nizao, I only used Snowy Panda (ice barrier)- change pet to Zandalari Anklerenderer (Nizao storms in the ice barrier), than zandalari anklerenderer uses black claw, then hunting party, then leap. 2nd Hunting party hits for 1200, leap hits for 700, second leap for 350 and Nizao goes 100-0 before his wish can heal him (or even if he used the heal before back to full health, it does not matter since the 2nd Hunting party hits so damn hard with black claw)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    For Nizao, I only used Snowy Panda (ice barrier)- change pet to Zandalari Anklerenderer (Nizao storms in the ice barrier), than zandalari anklerenderer uses black claw, then hunting party, then leap. 2nd Hunting party hits for 1200, leap hits for 700, second leap for 350 and Nizao goes 100-0 before his wish can heal him (or even if he used the heal before back to full health, it does not matter since the 2nd Hunting party hits so damn hard with black claw)
    O_O I am confused. Niuzao is a beast and a non-mechanical ability like Hunting Party cannot possibly hit for 1000+. Not to mention that a boss pet cannot take damage more than 35% of its health which is about 800 for Zao. And not to mention that he takes 50% reduced damage. Am I mistaken or is this story made up?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm incredibly worried about the tournament only just got 30* 25 pets and i know they would stand 0 chance of actually winning the tournament once let alone grind it every week for all the pets >.<

It's like they shot the difficulty level up from normal to super super extreme death by critters without no middle ground to help soften the blow >.< At least we can laugh in the face of anyone that says wow battle pets is childish :S
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-08-06 at 08:39 PM.

O_O I am confused. Niuzao is a beast and a non-mechanical ability like Hunting Party cannot possibly hit for 1000+. Not to mention that a boss pet cannot take damage more than 35% of its health which is about 800 for Zao. And not to mention that he takes 50% reduced damage. Am I mistaken or is this story made up?
    It has to do with the order the effects are applied.

1) The way Shattered Defences interacts with the reduced damage, it actually triples the damage you would normally see. This is a known effect and used a lot with the BoF pets
    2) Hunting Party isn't one big hit, but a bunch of smaller hits. Maybe he means that it adds up to 1000? I know that with the beast racial kicking in I've done 1.5k total attacks with mine with the claw up, on the second round of attacks, but it was in 450-500 chunks. Perhaps this bypasses the magic racial, same way as the Valkyr/Water Spirit/Chrominius strat reportedly does?

Sorry for the inaccuracy, hunting party hits 3x with 400, which adds up for 1200 (black claw adds 150, shattered defenses gives 100% extra dmg, and beast below 50% gives another 25% dmg modifier)

Thanks for all your hard work, I've got 30 but I need more useful ones for the tournament, working on that!
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermist View Post
    It has to do with the order the effects are applied.

1) The way Shattered Defences interacts with the reduced damage, it actually triples the damage you would normally see. This is a known effect and used a lot with the BoF pets
    2) Hunting Party isn't one big hit, but a bunch of smaller hits. Maybe he means that it adds up to 1000? I know that with the beast racial kicking in I've done 1.5k total attacks with mine with the claw up, on the second round of attacks, but it was in 450-500 chunks. Perhaps this bypasses the magic racial, same way as the Valkyr/Water Spirit/Chrominius strat reportedly does?
    Sorry for the inaccuracy, hunting party hits 3x with 400, which adds up for 1200 (black claw adds 150, shattered defenses gives 100% extra dmg, and beast below 50% gives another 25% dmg modifier)

Wow...I gotta try that. Sorry for doubting you.

Any Pet undead with Curse of Doom + Pandaren Water Spirit + Any pet with Howl.
    Same tatic for any elite (celestial or not).
    1 - Atk till your undead dies (dont use Curse of Doom) and proc its passive;
    2 - Use Curse of Doom, you pet will die;
    3 - Change to Pandaren Water spirit and use Geyser;
    4 - Use Whirlpool;
    5 - Change to your last pet;
    6 - Use Howl.

after 4 rounds, the enemy pet will take damage from Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool at te same time with 100% damage bonus.

I must say....that is one impressive tactic. I'd probly change the Geyser for something more appropriate though. For example if its a beast ( Zao/Xu-Fu ) I'm gonna use one of those Boblings or w/e they are called.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried the Call Lightning + Black Claw + Hunting Party. In the turn I used hunting party Zao went from 1650 to 0

Are you talking from experience or is this just a theory?

Because I've been testing this on Greyhoof from the Beasts of Fable since he's the most similar to Zao - the Anklerender dies in 2 hits, and the Ice Barrier breaks in a single trample because it's two attacks in one. The Anklerender generally lives long enough to use Black Claw, then it dies before it can even use Hunting Party... so how are you getting it to live long enough to make 10 turns of attacks?

Or does Zao not do as much damage as Greyhoof?

I must say....that is one impressive tactic. I'd probly change the Geyser for something more appropriate though. For example if its a beast ( Zao/Xu-Fu ) I'm gonna use one of those Boblings or w/e they are called.
    Using a Mechanical attack would be pointless really, since you'll be hitting the 35% damage cap with normal attacks anyway. Plus the Water Spirit's abilities all line up perfectly with Doom+Howl for three simultaneous damage cap hits and it stuns the opponent too (if it survives). Plus if you make the Chrominius your Howl pet you can have Surge of Power to finish it off.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-08-07 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    After all the positive feedback I am thinking of making another guide for pet battles...maybe some "Tips & Tricks" style guide. What do you guys think? Or quick ways to level up? Looking for ideas!
    Sorry I know you mean well but please DONT - mmoc doesnt have a pet battle forum and for guides on pet battle you go to warcraftpets.com/community/forum/

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Are you talking from experience or is this just a theory?

Because I've been testing this on Greyhoof from the Beasts of Fable since he's the most similar to Zao - the Anklerender dies in 2 hits, and the Ice Barrier breaks in a single trample because it's two attacks in one. The Anklerender generally lives long enough to use Black Claw, then it dies before it can even use Hunting Party... so how are you getting it to live long enough to make 10 turns of attacks?

Or does Zao not do as much damage as Greyhoof?

Using a Mechanical attack would be pointless really, since you'll be hitting the 35% damage cap with normal attacks anyway. Plus the Water Spirit's abilities all line up perfectly with Doom+Howl for three simultaneous damage cap hits and it stuns the opponent too (if it survives). Plus if you make the Chrominius your Howl pet you can have Surge of Power to finish it off.

What ice barrier are you talking about? And btw it isnt just a theory. I did try it vs Zao and it did work. Zao's Charge hit my Sunreaver and it almost died. The only other damaging ability it has though is trample which does ~200 damage plus 10% of my pet's hp but the raptors don't have much health so it isn't that powerful. Not gonna lie though. My raptor survived with mere 100 hp in not less and I was worried I might not get to use Hunting Party. But here is the main reason this works vs Zao. After using Call Lightning and Fel Immolate ( Sunreaver Micro-Sentry ) and it getting hit by the Charge I switch to the Raptor. I take a hit. I use Black Claw. I take another hit. Raptor - 100 HP ( Call Lightning does strong damage to it. Nasty ). I used Hunting Party and as expected ( and hoped ) Zao used Wish. Fortunately I killed him.

I'm not sure if I missed something or messed up the order of abilities but it's about the same thing.

As to the second part. True, Geyser should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Riencel View Post
    Any Pet undead with Curse of Doom + Pandaren Water Spirit + Any pet with Howl.
    Same tatic for any elite (celestial or not).
    1 - Atk till your undead dies (dont use Curse of Doom) and proc its passive;
    2 - Use Curse of Doom, you pet will die;
    3 - Change to Pandaren Water spirit and use Geyser;
    4 - Use Whirlpool;
    5 - Change to your last pet;
    6 - Use Howl.

after 4 rounds, the enemy pet will take damage from Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool at te same time with 100% damage bonus.
    This is the way I do my Fabled Dailies, its a cracking team set up.

Unborn Val'kyr
    Pandaren Water Spirit
    Chrominius

Especially Chominius because of surge of power for when RNG can be sulky lol

I was going to ask in this thread if anyone had tried using this set up for the celestials, but I wasn't sure if they were a single pet fight or a team of 3.
    Hopefully this setup will work for them

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry I know you mean well but please DONT - mmoc doesnt have a pet battle forum and for guides on pet battle you go to warcraftpets.com/community/forum/
    I don't. I don't go there. I don't even know the site nor am I planning to do so. Not to mention that there can be millions of guides and you could still find something new in each.

You said it's insane, but the rewards are worth it. What are the rewards?

I've done a good bit of this on the PTR. I got all of them down except Yu'la, at which point I gave up and haven't gone back to it.

The Celestial pet fights are ridiculously imbalanced. Their damage mitigation and healing abilities go off their power, which is around 600 for all of them. Combined with them taking half damage innately (which I know is to counterbalance the issues that were trivialising other elite pets but still needs to be changed in some way) it means the healing and mitigation is having a double effect. You have pets effectively capable of healing 600 damage every turn with no cooldown (luckily the AI means it doesn't actually do that usually but it could). They have abilities that can one shot pets, and healing and mitigation you couldn't possibly out-damage.

I think it's the 50% damage taken that really does it. I understand why they put that in - the 5.2 elites had such large health pools that percentage based abilities were overpowered - but this makes the pet overpowered instead. They should make it reduce damage taken by 50%, but also 50% healing and 50% mitigation. It'd be fair then.

Was able to complete the tournament thanks to you! It takes 3 weeks to collect one of the Celestial pets, am I correct?