Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I've done a good bit of this on the PTR. I got all of them down except Yu'la, at which point I gave up and haven't gone back to it.

The Celestial pet fights are ridiculously imbalanced. Their damage mitigation and healing abilities go off their power, which is around 600 for all of them. Combined with them taking half damage innately (which I know is to counterbalance the issues that were trivialising other elite pets but still needs to be changed in some way) it means the healing and mitigation is having a double effect. You have pets effectively capable of healing 600 damage every turn with no cooldown (luckily the AI means it doesn't actually do that usually but it could). They have abilities that can one shot pets, and healing and mitigation you couldn't possibly out-damage.

I think it's the 50% damage taken that really does it. I understand why they put that in - the 5.2 elites had such large health pools that percentage based abilities were overpowered - but this makes the pet overpowered instead. They should make it reduce damage taken by 50%, but also 50% healing and 50% mitigation. It'd be fair then.
    If someone told me the thing I'm about to tell you I'd get really pissed and feel quite insulted but truth is truth. After having completed it I no longer view it as hard. In fact I did it for less than 20 minutes today when the quest got reset. But here it is... If you can't beat it...whether it's because of the imbalance the damage reduction and big heals cause... then you shouldn't beat it. Who said everyone is supposed to beat it? If one can beat it then it is possible. If it is possible then it is balanced.

@the guy who asked about the rewards. The rewards are: rare quality versions of all 4 celestial pets and a marked flawless battle-stone - each of these cost 3 celestial coins and some other pet supplies for 1 coin.

You get 3 coins on your first completion of the tournament and you can completely it every week afterwards for 1 coin.

Back to the quote. The rewards are quite worth the effort and just because the thing exists doesnt mean everyone should have it. I'm glad I could beat it on the PTR with all these pets I am given there for free but I am more than certain I wouldn't be able to beat it on live especially since there are barely any good pets that can be caught from the wilderness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by capstan View Post
    Was able to complete the tournament thanks to you! It takes 3 weeks to collect one of the Celestial pets, am I correct?
    You get 3 coins on initial completion so you can get your first pet on the first week. You'd need a total of 9 weeks to collect the remaining 3 though.

EDIT: Very happy I was able to help :P

I had a specific reasoning for creating this guide. I usually don't do things like this and avoid doing so but this time it was different. I searched the net inside out and couldn't find any helpful information. There were some tips here and there in the US's official forum thread but they werent really helpful. I needed help and there wasn't anyone to help me. Not even on wowhead which was my biggest hope. And so I decided to make this for the others that were or still are in the same situation I was in.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2013-08-07 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    This is the way I do my Fabled Dailies, its a cracking team set up.

Unborn Val'kyr
    Pandaren Water Spirit
    Chrominius

Especially Chominius because of surge of power for when RNG can be sulky lol

I was going to ask in this thread if anyone had tried using this set up for the celestials, but I wasn't sure if they were a single pet fight or a team of 3.
    Hopefully this setup will work for them
    Not everyone have Unborn Val'kyr. Its hard to get it in some realms. BTW, in PTR if your pet uses Unholy Ascension it will die immediatly (will not proc its undead passive).
    Last edited by Riencel; 2013-08-07 at 10:57 PM.

That's not a bug. That's how it works. Hence why you activate it AFTER your Undead pet dies and its passivep procs.

- - - Updated - - -

I found out that on the second week you are given another quest - to beat the boy next to the Celestial Tournament questgiver. It owns Lil' Oondasta which is one hell of a pet. It is also legendary boss and does one hell amount of damage. Later I will post here how to beat it!

Stay tuned :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    To think that so much devs time actually go into this nonsense is just ... well imho it's just wrong. Not to be hater or anything, but I don't see the Warcraft in this and it is really sad for me to see this being given so much attention rather then blizz focusing on entirely different and much more important areas.

On topic, I guess this will be a very useful guide for some players out there and I respect that but seriously, this has no business being in the game. HearthStone as a mini-game would be in my eyes much more fitting to the theme than this, it's really just a shame.
    Agreed, its just sad to see so much of the allocated budget, in my mind, wasted on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Agreed, its just sad to see so much of the allocated budget, in my mind, wasted on this.
    You people don't learn do you? What language need you be told this in order to understand it? Do you have the slightest idea how many people do pet battles as dedicatedly as some do raids? Do you have the slightest idea how many casuals love pet battles? You are the ones speaking nonsense. How ignorant do you need to be to say something is a waste when it is enjoyed by so many people? A waste is your comment here because people on this thread like pet battles and your comment only generates unneccesary hatred towards each other. Please, restrain from posting such nonsense in my thread because it's pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

As promised here comes how to beat Lil' Oondasta!

It isn't going to be much of an explanation. More like an idea. Oondasta's big hitter does ~1300 damage, is instant and has 100% hit chance with around 3-4 turns cooldown. That same ability switches your active pet with your highest HP backrow pet. Build Turret combo would be even easier to achieve versus Lil' Oondasta because it's slow and right after you build the first turret with your first pet it swaps your pet with your second Turret builder and since your pet is faster you don't lose a turn. Would be good if one of your pets has Call Lightning. Lil' Oondasta has no heals and only relies on big damage which actually makes her weaker than the other Elite legendary pets.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no responses D:

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I found out that on the second week you are given another quest - to beat the boy next to the Celestial Tournament questgiver. It owns Lil' Oondasta which is one hell of a pet. It is also legendary boss and does one hell amount of damage. Later I will post here how to beat it!

Stay tuned :P
    Is there some point to defeating this bonus pet? Do you get anything interesting quest/reward wise? Or is it required to complete the tournament the 2nd week? Just trying to work out what it's purpose is if it's not tied to collecting coins.

Sorry. I was so excited to fight Lil' Oondasta that I actually forgot to check what it rewards. I don't remember any special rewards from it...

http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=33222 After checking this I remembered. Yeah it's just timeless coins.

- - - Updated - - -

I checked in-game earlier. Lil' Oondasta quest is daily and the reward is indeed 500 Timeless Coins. The pet itself is fairly easy to beat. Today I used the strategy I mentioned above in order to confirm and yes. It does work. My second Clockwork Gnome had over 1000 remaining HP. Tomorrow I will try with the Huting Party combo though I am beyond certain it will be succesful. If someone makes a high quality video of all the strategies I've posted in this thread I will add them to my original post and give credits.

- - - Updated - - -

Please help me keep this thread alive in order to help as many people as possible!

Deleted
    I'm aware of the tournament but could anyone update me on the rewards/requirements from it? And really what it is in general :P only read that it was in the patch and that you can get the four celestial pets ty in advance

anyone have clue what pets the 3rd possible first round combo use in the tournment ?

first team is Shademaster Kiryn,Wise Mari,Blingtron 4000
    second team is Taran Zhu,Wrathion,Chen Stormstout
    third team include some alliance npc however i dont know if its alliance only or what
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    I'm aware of the tournament but could anyone update me on the rewards/requirements from it? And really what it is in general :P only read that it was in the patch and that you can get the four celestial pets ty in advance
    Requirement is to have 15x level 25 pets but it will take you way more than that. The rewards are the 4 pets and some pet battle supplies ( pet snack, bandages, flawless battle-stones ) but all of them except the 25x Pet Bandages cost 3x Celestial Coins and you only get 3 the first time. Afterwards you can complete the tournament once every week for 1 Celestial Coin. The tournament itself is like this: You have to beat 3 tamers each of which uses 3x legendary non-elite pets and then you have to beat 4x legendary elites ( just like the Beasts of Fable pets except with an Elite buff that doesn't allow attacks to exceed 35% of the pet's health. ) which are the 4 celestial pets. You cannot heal or revive your pets once inside hence why you will need a lot of pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    anyone have clue what pets the 3rd possible first round combo use in the tournment ?

first team is Shademaster Kiryn,Wise Mari,Blingtron 4000
    second team is Taran Zhu,Wrathion,Chen Stormstout
    third team include some alliance npc however i dont know if its alliance only or what
    Apparently that third fight was first for me. It consists of Lorewalker Cho with his Ice Owl (Flying ), Broom ( Magic but has strong attack versus Dragonking ) and his Serpent Hatchling - Knowledge ( Dragonkin ) ( although one would expect it to be named Mishi >.> ) followed up by some undead guy with Screamer ( flying pterodax ), Chaos ( another magic pet with strong attack versus Dragonkin ) and Trike - his cute direhorn. The last of the 3 tamers is the dwarf from the alliance Jade Forest questline "Got something that needs fixin'?" love this quote of his. He uses Socks ( an undead mongoose ), Stormoen ( Fluxfire Feline - Mechanical <3 ) and Rikki ( aquatic - civet ).

Deleted
    I don't. I don't go there. I don't even know the site nor am I planning to do so. Not to mention that there can be millions of guides and you could still find something new in each.
    That is surly a loss for you as even Blizzard says with their cleanup to use it and Breanni is THE site about WoW Pets....

Deleted
    Very nice, it's gonna be a long time before I can manage this, only got about 12 pets at 25.

I really wish they had made the celestial pets epic quality though, it would have made a lot of sense.

To the people complaining about development time spent on pet battles, firstly it's a different team from the one that does your raids and what not. Secondly, just cause you don't enjoy it doesn't mean other people don't and it's wasted, get your heads out your asses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Ah so this is why we didn't get any new heroic dungeons this expansion, the team was too busy adding more Pokemon tournaments. (the dev time has to come from somewhere).
    Wrong. It's a different team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    That is surly a loss for you as even Blizzard says with their cleanup to use it and Breanni is THE site about WoW Pets....
    Yet it is me who beats the Celestial Tournament. I don't see what kind of a loss this could be for me. Explain please.

PS: Surely*
    PS2: Blizzard said exactly the opposite. But with their cleanup people won't have anywhere else to check ( if there is a need to in the first place ) except for fansites.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    To think that so much devs time actually go into this nonsense is just ... well imho it's just wrong. Not to be hater or anything, but I don't see the Warcraft in this and it is really sad for me to see this being given so much attention rather then blizz focusing on entirely different and much more important areas.

On topic, I guess this will be a very useful guide for some players out there and I respect that but seriously, this has no business being in the game. HearthStone as a mini-game would be in my eyes much more fitting to the theme than this, it's really just a shame.
    I remember reading that Blizzard hired more people specifically for pet battles and similar.

I took a poll on here recently and the vast, vast majority of people either loved pet battles or would play them if they were improved

I did it on the second try as an Assassination Rogue ilvl 515, with Leeching poisons.

Didn't have much problems, I did it on the second try because I didn't know this fight.
    It's challenging but not as hard as some people are talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I did it on the second try as an Assassination Rogue ilvl 515, with Leeching poisons.

Didn't have much problems, I did it on the second try because I didn't know this fight.
    I think you may be confused...

This isn't the Celestial Trial or w/e that legendary quest is named :P

It's good to read past the first line, ya know.

I'm sorry, wrong thread.

I'm looking forward to fight in the Celestial Tournament, it's like 4 new world bosses.

I'm sorry, wrong thread.

I'm looking forward to fight in the Celestial Tournament, it's like 4 new world bosses.
    /facepalm

You really need to learn to read man. I mean...just. Can you really read what this is about? Notice the word "pets" in there? "Pet Abilities". "Pet Team". Just read one of the 4 explanations. It's not that hard :/

/facepalm

You really need to learn to read man. I mean...just. Can you really read what this is about? Notice the word "pets" in there? "Pet Abilities". "Pet Team". Just read one of the 4 explanations. It's not that hard :/
    Christ he said sorry and obviously made a mistake no need to be a nob and act so condescending