Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Completed the whole thing on first try Used different set ups from the OP apart from the Micro sentry/raptor set up.

Wasn't as bad as I had thought it was gonna be

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the write-up. I have not completed the tournament yet, this will help.

I do have a strategy I like for Chi-chi. I use the Rot ability, turning it into Undead, then bring out rats for Stampede. Chi-chi's quills do less damage to critters, and the (enhanced) damage you do gets excessive quickly. I used this strategy because I have like 7 or 8 high-level stampeding rodents, but it worked.

Just finished it myself. Was expecting a bit more of a challenge TBH.

The water spirit/chromius combo works like a charm. Didn't really need an extra ascension or doom.

Still RNG can probably screw you over eventually, but all in all much smoother than I expected so I might even do it every week.

I only have about 30 level 25 pets, all of them pets that look good or are rare/ish like the dungeon ones. Never really leveled pets with strategy in mind.

The hardest part was getting over my fear of starting it

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was challenging at least :P I've been experimenting with different tactics for different bosses seeing what works good etc and i really enjoyed it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved this scenario. My heart was racing, but I got it done first try. Only had problems with chi-chi, turned out rodents were the key, try a bunny on that bird.

The green dragon reward can't fly

I don't understand why Blizzard has so much difficulty giving pets that should obviously fly, the ability to fly. I mean seriously what is the problem. The summer event wisp can fly, yet the identical blue wisp you catch in hyjal can't fly.

Confused.

Deleted
    if you really care about your "Guide" syou should also add stage 1....

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    just done my first tourney

very easy with 1 shot combos
    Try that combo on Lil' Oondasta. You will find yourself devastated.

To all the people who keep complaining, pointing out or just saying that the tournament is easy or not as challenging as expected. Remember a few things:

1. Most of you have either seen mine or someone else's guide which already gives you a slight if not significant idea of what's going on and how to beat it.
    2. Some of the pets were nerfed during the PTR patch cycle. For example: Yu'la's Life Exchange was changed to Lift-Off which made the fight a complete faceroll as the only thing that makes these pets OP is their ability to heal. Xu-Fu's Feed ability was made to have 4 rounds CD ( on my first fight versus him he did 2 Feeds in a row ). Chi-Chi's ability order was changed which also made it easier.
    3. I spent 20 hours because all of my attempts were late at night and I usually had to get up early in the morning so most of the times I had to get off after defeating one or two of the pets. So each night I spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to beat some of the pets and then when finally I managed to beat one I had to go.
    4. There was no information on the boss pet's abilities. When I first saw Zao heal 1300 with a 2 turn ability I was shocked. Not to mention the fact he one-shot my first pet with Charge.
    5. Not to mention that the pet which gave me the most trouble was Chi-Chi and that's because even with its counter pet - Spectral Porcupette - it was still an insane fight. No CD on Tranquility made it impossible to predict when it will use Quills and thus impossible to time my Spectral Spikes. ( After it's ability order was changed it was pretty easy to define it. )

I DO agree that the tournament is easy. After having done it over 10 times now, it takes me less than 20 minutes to finish it. And if I use the bugged legendary pets I can solo it with just 1 pet and in less than 5 min. But please, consider the fact you've been prapared for it. And some weren't. ( BTW. If you wonder which would win out of the 5 new legendary boss pets in a 1v1 fight - Lil' Oondasta, Chi-Chi, Xu-Fu, Zao, Yu'la - here is your answer. Chi-Chi. The strongest pet ever ( legendary one ). A friend of mine was lucky and had 3x Lil' Oondastas and he challenged my Chi-Chi. My Chi-Chi soloed 2 of them. The third one was taken down by my Zao and no, my Chi-Chi did not die.

Bugged pets FTW.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by "the bugged legendary pets" ? I have a few level 25 pets and by no means good at pet battles in PVP just curious what you mean by that, cheers

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Add this to my list of things to do.

I only have gotten 4 pets to 25, so I have some work ahead of me!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by schloff View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by "the bugged legendary pets" ? I have a few level 25 pets and by no means good at pet battles in PVP just curious what you mean by that, cheers
    Players get random pets on the PTR. ( Used to be 20-50 every time you log-in on a new character and in some other cases, now new accounts just get 1000 random pets ). Among those random pets are NPC Tamer and Boss pets. The thing is that these NPC pets are not intended for players to use and so they do not show in the pet journal list. You need a certain addon that makes a list of the NPC pets you have and allows you to use them in battle ( and to summon them either ). I have 3 copies of Legendary Zao, 2 copies of Legendary Yu'la, 1 Legendary Chi-Chi and 1 Lil' Oondasta + all four of the celestial pets in rare quality ( they are unique though ).
    I also have the Beasts of Fable pets ( not all ) and Doopy ( legendary penguin pet located in Northrend added in 5.2 ). A friend of mine has C-39 Annihilator. A mechanical pet with the same model as that of the Sky Golem mount. The pet is legendary boss elite which means it will be added as a pet fight soon. Most probably in 5.5

I also have 3 copies of a green quality pet named Xelnath that has 126 000 health that deals 20 damage per attack ( with 260 power ).

I'm struggling on the tamers. I'm matching up the pets to counter, but some of them are still getting stomped. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this guide useful for most of the pets, except Yu'la since I don't have any Dandelion Frolickers and I haven't leveled my Bonkers yet.

For Yu'la, I used Anubisath Idol (Crush, Stoneskin, Deflection), Feral Vermling (Crush, Poison Lash, Backflip) and Harbinger of Flame (Jab, Immolate, Impale)

I used Crush, Stoneskin, then Deflection on the first three turns, and then keep using Crush until your Stoneskin wears off, re-apply Stoneskin, Deflect, and Crush until you die.

Then my Vermling just used Crush until Emerald Presence wore off, Backflip interrupted Yu'la's attempt to re-apply it, then another Crush finished her off.

Found this strat on youtube, slightly modified the move order for efficiency.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2013-09-12 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I also have 3 copies of a green quality pet named Xelnath that has 126 000 health that deals 20 damage per attack ( with 260 power ).
    Lol, nice. That's the username of a former warlock developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Found this guide useful for most of the pets, except Yu'la since I don't have any Dandelion Frolickers and I haven't leveled my Bonkers yet.

For Yu'la, I used Anubisath Idol (Crush, Stoneskin, Deflection), Feral Vermling (Crush, Poison Lash, Backflip) and Harbinger of Flame (Jab, Immolate, Impale)
    For Yu'la, if you have a Gregarious Grell you can 1v1 Yu'la! Use Punch then use Phase shift when Yu'la uses Lift off, Cauterize in between to keep your health up and punch punch punch till dead^.

Saves you a couple of pets incase you may not have a huge variety of level 25's

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    For Yu'la, if you have a Gregarious Grell you can 1v1 Yu'la! Use Punch then use Phase shift when Yu'la uses Lift off, Cauterize in between to keep your health up and punch punch punch till dead^.

Saves you a couple of pets incase you may not have a huge variety of level 25's
    That's what I used originally. But many people complained that they didn't have the pet so I decided to put some other pet in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    That's what I used originally. But many people complained that they didn't have the pet so I decided to put some other pet in there.
    I think its worth mentioning at least, it gives people options

Finished this yesterday without needing to back out of it. I was expecting it to be harder honestly, but I one shot all the bosses except for Xu-Fu. My kill of him was pure luck, because I had no decoy/evade mechs but his feed missed so he never healed. Got my cute little Xuen pet this week
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I think its worth mentioning at least, it gives people options
    That's what I said. I did have it listed there but people complained that it's a TCG pet ( I think not sure ) so many don't have it and I gave a pet that did the exact same job. This isn't about "options" because you still have to stick to the Fast Humanoid pets that have dodge or CC. The Dandelion is actually easier to obtain and does a better job. I thought about listning multiple possible team compositions but it's kinda late now. Most people have already done it. Plus the way I'd have to restructure my original post is a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Finished this yesterday without needing to back out of it. I was expecting it to be harder honestly, but I one shot all the bosses except for Xu-Fu. My kill of him was pure luck, because I had no decoy/evade mechs but his feed missed so he never healed. Got my cute little Xuen pet this week
    :P I also bought Xu-Fu first. Awesome pet. In the past I've leveled Lil' Deathwing, Mini Tyrael, Fluxfire Feline, Lil' Ragnaros, Pandaren Monk and Heart of the Aspects ( Only notable ones here ) and they were all fun... but.. leveling my Xu-Fu... Best pet to level. How sad now that I've leveled it to 25 there is nothing I can do with it since I'm on the PTR and pet battle queues are disabled. Often people challenge me to a fight but the just can't beat my 2 main teams... and even if they bring out legendary pets they still can't beat my legendary pets :/ Most people on PTR can't play this... So if anyone here is looking for a challenge... PM me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason i got the dragon celestial was because it was dragon and therefor could follow me on my cloud serpent mount....it even uses the move fly >.<