Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Lvl 23 pet has a chance to miss lvl 25 pet. Also enemy pet can also dodge (not skill). Its a small chance but it can happen. (it cant dodge multiround nuke attacks, but they can dodge normal attacks)

Also better the enemy pet (gray= no chance to dodge, white 1% chance, green 2%, blue 5% legendary 10%), bigger the chance to miss it. I made up those stats becuse i realy dont know the real ones, but you can find out if you attack the enemy pet with same skill 100 times (keep going out of battle and returning) and you will see.
    I feel like I would have missed one of the legendary pets like EVER with one of my 100% hit abilities if this was the case. After all, I've done the dailies approximately fifty three million times. Calling shenanigans on this one too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lvl 23 pet has a chance to miss lvl 25 pet. Also enemy pet can also dodge (not skill). Its a small chance but it can happen. (it cant dodge multiround nuke attacks, but they can dodge normal attacks)

Also better the enemy pet (gray= no chance to dodge, white 1% chance, green 2%, blue 5% legendary 10%), bigger the chance to miss it. I made up those stats becuse i realy dont know the real ones, but you can find out if you attack the enemy pet with same skill 100 times (keep going out of battle and returning) and you will see.
    I have never heard of a pet's rarity determining it's chance to be missed.

It does seem like legendary pets miss less and hit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    You're using a level 23 pet, you claimed it was a level 25. Also, I'm requiring a video, not a screenshot, for a reason. You don't have to convince me but that's what it would take. It also needs to be on live, not some non-live version with legendary pets.

As I said this isn't the only time it has happened. Don't make me search through my 2000 screenshots. And this is a screenshot from the PTR. I am certain it has happened on live too, during 5.3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    As I said this isn't the only time it has happened. Don't make me search through my 2000 screenshots. And this is a screenshot from the PTR. I am certain it has happened on live too, during 5.3
    As I said, you don't have to prove it if you don't want to. I'm just 100% sure you're wrong. The fact that you got a screenshot of a level 23 pet to prove that a level 25 can miss a level 25 pet with a 100% hit ability just tells me that I'm right. If you realized that a level 23 has an additional chance to miss a higher level pet you would never have taken that screenshot because it would be entirely pointless and as such it just seems to me that you don't actually remember correctly.

For it to make such big impression on me, I doubt it's my memory screwing up. I usually easily forget insults at school or why someone has made me angry but I always remember the impression. I clearly remember when my Softshell Snapling level 25 missed 100% hit chance attack on one of those level 24 Water Striders in the Vale. I also clearly remember when my Porcupuette missed Powerball against Chi-Chi.

And even if that wasn't true and it was because of the level gap it still makes no sense as it is not stated anywhere, no tooltip explains that and it wasn't in the patchnotes either. They wanted to remove RNG from the game so they gave abilities hit chance %. It's funny when my 100% hit chance ability misses no matter what level the pets are.

Deleted
    If you want to see a kazikaze mode use Molten Hatchling and its Brittle Webbing vs Banks .

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks entire tournament is a little too.. luck dependant ? Having 80% hit chance ability miss 7 (!!!) times in row is a little frustrating.
    How i feel when i'm done with the tourney: "That was so much fun!" Nah, more like i'm glad i'm done with this bullshit rng for the week.

once i get all the pets, never doing this tourney again. btw i think 3 weeks per pet is just stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    once i get all the pets, never doing this tourney again. btw i think 3 weeks per pet is just stupid..
    The tournament is only meant for dedicated pet battlers. Let's just give free pets to everyone!

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, it shouldn't be done with quickly. I wish it was available as a daily though, with no celestial coin reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I agree, it shouldn't be done with quickly. I wish it was available as a daily though, with no celestial coin reward.
    Me too :/ I wanna do it more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    New trainers are up (and also the last ones for achivment).
    This is what i used to 1 shot them:

Lorewalker Cho (the anoying panda)

I started with nether farie dragon... moonfire then arcane blast spam...when his flying pet was dead (wisdom) i used life exchange and then switched on scorged whelp.
    I used darkness, then 3rd attack and i spamed the tail after this. Once the broom was dead the dragon came. I used darkness again and pretty much nuked him the same as the broom. Not a single dead pet.

Dr. Ion Goldbloom <Jurassic Expedition>

This guy is a bit more tricky.
    I started with sunreaver and used damage reduce skill (his pet flys up at start). Once his pet was down i used lightning storm + dot and switched on unded pet.
    I put down D&D and started spaming arcane blast. Once the flying pet was dead i used the avodiance spell for 1 turn so next pet wasted its nuke on me.
    After that i switched back to Sunreaver micro sentry and lightning storm + dot on its magic pet. I switched to my sunreaver dragonhawk and used anti-magic dot.
    After that i just repeated same process on his beast pet.

Sully "The Pickle" McLeary <SI:7> (yes socks is alive-- well undead)

I started with my flying pet and used swarm on the racoon. After it ended i just 1 shoted him with main attack. His pet then comes back as undead so i just swarmed again till my pet died on rabbits burrow. Then i used my Wolvar and pretty much 1 shot the rabbit with the last attack.
    After his rabbit was dead i switched on Azure crane chick and just spamed flock on his water pet.

And here is my new pet:

Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    As a note on Dr. Ion Goldbloom, Son of Animus with Fist/Siphon/Plating easily kills both the magic pet and the beast, as well as the bird if it is still alive. I went in pretty much blind, my first pet died fairly quickly, swapped in Animus and he just cleaned up everything.

is anyone getting chi-ji or yu-lon? I got the cat first week, and I'm leaning towards getting the ox

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    is anyone getting chi-ji or yu-lon? I got the cat first week, and I'm leaning towards getting the ox
    OX goes nice with cat combo if you use moonfire and wish . 3 rd if probaly gona be a dragon for me.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Thank you for the guide! Very helpful!

15+ Year Old Account
    I just pick them based on level of cool/cute so I went with Xu-Fu and then Zao. Getting Yu'la next and Chi-chi last.

i got xu-fu first and getting chi-chi when servers come back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Yup, instead of finding the tournament fun, I find it stressful and irksome, beating every NPC then coming to your last battle and having RNG just go NOPE, kills the fun for me, luckily having a ton of back up pets, can ease it a little, as you can on the fly put together another team without having to start over, but for those that maybe don;t have a lot of level 25's and especially ones that are suited to these NPC's I feel their pain and misery.
    Yup. I didn't have enough pets leveled to soak the blow of losing a few in the battles in the first 2 weeks of the tournament. So...pet treats, safari hat, pet leveling binge. Best advice for anyone struggling with this is to spend a little bit of time each day leveling pets up, particularly magical and humanoid until you have a nice, solid pool to pull from. Last week I lost tons of pets to RNG, but it wasn't a big deal because of backups.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2013-10-01 at 03:12 PM.