Thread: RPPM question

RPPM question

I've read several threads but still cant understand it. Help me fellow mages!
    I use an addon called ExtraCD which shows avg chance to proc for a trinket. And I noticed value to proc is quite small from pull to pull. I understand it, since we use "TimeSinceLastProc" value in RPPM formula.
    Btw, here is the formula: ProcChance = RPPM * (Haste% / 100 + 1) * (TimeSinceLastProc (in seconds) / 60s) * 100%
    Thing that concerns me is that ProcChance value is very small even if I wait for a long time (say 5 mins). Only if we have like 10 mins between pulls value starting to rise. But my math shows different.
    Imagine we want 100% chance for a trinket to proc on pull. The formula will transform to: 1 = RPPM * (Haste% / 100 + 1) * (TimeSinceLastProc (in seconds) / 60s). Take Woosholay with ~0.6 RPPM and my haste which is equal to ~20%
    1 = 0,6 * (20%/100% + 1) * (TSLP / 60)
    1 = 0,6 * 1,2 * (TSLP / 60)
    1 = 0,012 * TSLP
    TSLP = 83,(3)s
    That means I have to wait less than 1,5 minutes to get guaranteed proc on pull. So why then even after 5 minutes my trinkets does not proc on pull? Do I understand formula wrong?

As I understand it, ExtraCD only shows the bad luck protection factor and when it's maxed, not the actual chance to proc.

How can it count such factor, since more than 83 seconds already provides 100% chance to proc ?
    Why Blizzard setting this TimeSinceLastProc value to 90 seconds, if its already 100% chance to proc on pull ?
    I believe the formula above is wrong.

Deleted
    There's 2 value :
    TimeSinceLastProcChance and TimeSinceLastProc
    The first is capped to 10s and is part of the chance to proc calculation.
    The second is capped à 90s (in 5.4) and is called bad luck protection.

edit:
    in 5.3 : (ppm*haste*TSLPC/60)*TSLP
    in 5.4 : (new_ppm*[optional_modifier]*TSLPC/60)*TSLP

I add an optional_modifier because there's still some trinket/enchant that use haste/crit/...
    Last edited by mmocccfbebbec4; 2013-08-05 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time since last proc is NOT capped at 90s next patch, it's reset to 90s every time a boss is pulled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Time since last proc is NOT capped at 90s next patch, it's reset to 90s every time a boss is pulled.
    Witch is globally the same.
    It can grow to 1500 for the first trash & world PVE but having it reset to 90s is very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Witch is globally the same.
    It can grow to 1500 for the first trash & world PVE but having it reset to 90s is very good.
    It isn't the same at all. If you pull a boss and your trinket doesn't proc within 10s, that variable is now 100, therefore larger than 90. A lot of rppm mechanics benefit from TSLP above 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Deleted
    yes, it's true. I have forget how it work. It's not a cap, it's a reset to 90s at fight start (for raid boss).

Did you have the exact formula ?
    I have never see how bad luck protection work.

(rppm Coef) * ((%Haste / 100)+1) * (time since last chance) / (sec per min) = chance to proc

The no-proc protection is the "(time since last chance) / (sec per min)" part of the formula
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2013-08-07 at 01:39 AM.

No that's just the base formula. The streak protection multiplier is:

MAX(1, 1+((TimeSinceLastSuccessfulProc/AverageProcInterval)-1.5)*3)

This means the bonus starts to kick in if you don't get a proc within 150% of the average proc interval.

Deleted
    thanks to both of you.
    now haste have been wipe in most of the case. Some trinket still use haste or crit.

for the proc protection, TSLSP is set to 90s at the start of the fight then it function normally.