Deleted

Sub Groups, which VOIP going in 25M.

Hello everyone.

I am taking our guild from 10m to 25m.
    As we approach our first raid as 25m I am thinking about communication. In 10m it's no big deal to have everyone on the same channel, but I foresee a lot of people talking at the same time in a 25M. Ideally I would like everyone in the raid to be able to hear the Officers/Raid Leader, then other sub-channels where the melee, ranged, healer, tank groups can communicate amongst themselves respectively. Does anyone know if or how TeamSpeak, Mumble, Vent or any other VOIP has this capability?

Also any tips on how you guys deal with communication during raids?
    -Everyone in one group?
    -Multiple VOIPs up at once (Example: Skype and TS)?

Any input is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in Mumble and Vent you can set up special users on the server side (requires some configuration with server admin) who can broadcast to all channels, say your raid leader / officer. Then set up separate channels for melee, ranged, heals etc.
    Hi

Hey there,

I'm server admin of our guild's Mumble server, and I happen to know (Haven't done it myself) that you can adjust rights in an extensive way with Mumble. I looked it up for you where I read about it, and you can find it by google'ing "Mumble ACL Tutorial". It's the first hit! (I'd link it, but I can't due to not posting much ;-)) . Thus I'd recommend using Mumble, as far as I know you can't do this with TeamSpeak or Ventrilo, but I could be mistaken on that part.

Good luck!

I raid 10m only, but I guess you could set "priority speakers" (at least on TS3) to override the sound output. I guess you can also group people on different channels and give a few guys the power to speak to all channels. The problem with a one-way comm line is that they can't confirm they understood, e.g.

Though I feel that in 25 man a good bunch of the group doesn't really have a lot of information to add. Biggest differences rely on numbers and not mechanics, right?

With the upcoming flex mode you could also do some testing on a more "forgiving" environment.
    Idk, hope this helps. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I believe in Mumble and Vent you can set up special users on the server side (requires some configuration with server admin) who can broadcast to all channels, say your raid leader / officer. Then set up separate channels for melee, ranged, heals etc.
    Yup - I did this in Vent and set up a Private Bind with my co-tank. Not everyone needs to hear "TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT!".

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies so far, going to play with mumble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Yup - I did this in Vent and set up a Private Bind with my co-tank. Not everyone needs to hear "TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT!".
    Even better, we are currently using Ventrilo!