Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    20% is kind of high but the Siege patch in 5.4 will be the last raid for this expansion. So I'm sure Blizzard wants as many people as possible to finish TOT and move into Siege. A lot of guilds won't attempt the new raid until they have cleared the previous one.
    History proves otherwise. People drop old raids as if they contracted leprosy. (Then they complain the new ones are too hard :P)

SOO will most likely be nerfed to 30% while it's current content like the last two expansions' last tiers. I don't see why you're mad about something all of the sudden when this has happened for years.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    This has been done every tier since ICC (someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong) and it enables people that are behind, coming back from a break, or new to the game to catch up to current content. Believe it or not, it's a GOOD thing.
    Far before then. It was done in Burning Crusade as well. I think the only raids that weren't nerfed in BC after additional tiers were released was KZ and ZA -- and even those were affected by the flat nerf that went out to all raids in the pre-Wrath patch.

Hell, it might have happened in Classic too; I didn't pay as much attention to patch notes back then.

But yes, in general the old content has always been nerfed so the raids still stuck there could hurry and finish up so they could move on. The general philosophy has been if they had been walled that long, even more time isn't going to push them over the bump.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Old raid gets nerfed when new raid comes out. This is not a new practice. If you have not yet cleared the content by the time the new tier is available, you may actually 'need' the nerf. Harsh truth.

Deleted
    Since there is such a big level difference between raid gear, ToT gear ill become useless for someone who wants to get stronger and better.
    The SoO LFR gear will be 535, same as tot heroic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since ICC gradual nerfs have been used for last tier raids (ICC/DS) while sweeping nerfs were used for non end tier raids (BoT/BWD/FL/MSV/HoF etc). As long as they keep heroics untouched I don't see a real problem with either method.
    "Brevity is...wit"

20% is a bit much IMO considering the content is already kinda nerfed because of ilvl upgrades. People are killing heroic bosses 25-20 ilvl higher then other guilds in the same patch...

Not worth bitching about. Old content.

thats a big overreaction! only for 5.4!

The buff is to facilitate ppl farming ToT to gear up when it's not current content and when FoS are unavailable!
    Nobody will be "progressing" thru ToT after the patch hits and flex/LFR/Normal SoO being available! Only some pugs/guild/alts farming some pieces here and there! So its understandable and ok, they want ppl to focus on SoO!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    SOO will most likely be nerfed to 30% while it's current content like the last two expansions' last tiers. I don't see why you're mad about something all of the sudden when this has happened for years.
    This, we will see... they might push a different philosophy this time, at least concerning the FoS! (There were none is Cataclysm or wrath!)
    Last edited by elderamy; 2013-08-05 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    I'm actually quite happy with how they nerf content in MoP. Valor upgrades are nice, slow but steady you get more powerful if you want to (with lots of ways to get new gear as well). Nerf old tier when new is released. Adapt some fights possibly mid-tier (like horridon) if a lot of people are struggling. Only thing a bit over top I feel is legendary gems/cloaks, but meh.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They replaced those small 5% nerfs with item upgrades. 8 ilvl's over an entire raid pretty much equates itself to a 20% nerf.
    It equates to 10%, not 20%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    This has been done every tier since ICC (someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong) and it enables people that are behind, coming back from a break, or new to the game to catch up to current content. Believe it or not, it's a GOOD thing.

You said yourself it doesn't affect you, so why are you even commenting on it?
    It was done in Ulduar aswell, cant remember about ToC.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to the above next patch nerf they also nerfed the instance on 3 seperate occasions prior to this as well as having the already implemented ilvl upgrade system as a progressive nerf system itself. Oh yea Throne was perfectly tuned.....
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

and thats why cutting edge achievements was added, if you complete the raid after the nerfs no-one cares.

Obviously the 10% nerf for T14 wasn't sufficiently effective.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

it's in 5.4, doesn't matter since it's old content.

I for one, had a fantastic time in normal heroic ToT and want as many people to experience it as possible, outside of lfr.
    Last edited by SinisterAsc; 2013-08-06 at 01:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    In addition to the above next patch nerf they also nerfed the instance on 3 seperate occasions prior to this as well as having the already implemented ilvl upgrade system as a progressive nerf system itself. Oh yea Throne was perfectly tuned.....
    This is nothing new, they nerfed T8, T9, T10, T11, T12 on multiple occations, cant remember T13.

Not like T15 is the first tier that got nerfed multiple time, that is just how they to the gating. First they tune it for normal people, then they progressively nerf it by straight up nerfs for the "harder" bosses, while gear upgrades provide progessive nerfs to let the worse people also kill the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    This is nothing new, they nerfed T8, T9, T10, T11, T12 on multiple occations, cant remember T13.

Not like T15 is the first tier that got nerfed multiple time, that is just how they to the gating. First they tune it for normal people, then they progressively nerf it by straight up nerfs for the "harder" bosses, while gear upgrades provide progessive nerfs to let the worse people also kill the content.
    T15 has not only been nerfed multiple times, it also has a BUILT IN NERF SYSTEM in ilvl upgrade while maintaining gear upgrades through valor (albeit it as shitty as it is). It is obviously overtuned. The fact that those previous tiers you mentioned were probably also overtuned doesn't change the fact.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I also find the more gradual system more convenient - I wouldn't mind having a couple more people go through the content when it is still in relative terms current than a huge nerf slap as soon as the next patch hits.

I don't plan to do tot once patch hits, but I still dislike this as a continuing nerfing philosophy
    But you're still complaining??

I've done all ToT normal (guild fell apart after that) and it doesn't bother me...all it does is let guilds still struggling in there push through faster / less painfully.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows what %age the (de)buff will be when it goes live. I don't, anyway.