Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    sounds pretty good! blizzard are unto something cool, no more low pop realms!

Soooo I've read through pages 8 - 13 and have yet to see this mentioned :

It's Live on the 5.4 PTR right now

I humbly beg forgiveness if it's been brought up on the thread already. Or somewhere else on MMO Champion.

Via testing I've done I can confirm that the following is possible cross connected server :

* mailing your own toons (this is instant)
    * mailing someone else (1 HR CD)
    * mailing of a BoA (http://t.co/oyBHtunagF)
    * guild invites (nothing like getting spammed for g invites from a different server)
    * guild charter signing (adding my signature to a MVP PTR Guild started by Zalki on Brill (EU)
    * partying up (gave a few people ports)
    * porting someone from another realm
    * seamlessly following someone inside a traditionally CRZ zone (no phasing)
    * whispering someone else on another server
    * chat channels (eg Trade)

I've been answering a few questions on it here :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9572768592

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post

This has been brought up about a million times but it's next to impossible to merge realms. Players with the same name come up. Look up a name like Ophion on the armory, you'll find atleast 10 people with this name on PvP realms. What about people who quit playing? Sorry pal, you lost your character (unless Blizzard is gonna waste time copying millions of inactive characters around)! How about guilds with the same name? They'd have to make servers which can handle a ton of people or you'll have 2-3h+ que's before people can log in to game servers (2-3h is very generous, will probably be alot longer). Making a new character is already pretty tedious because alot of names are already taken, what if a realm has 1 million people playing on it who all have 5-10+ alts?

This is the best solution I think, no messy server migrates, no naming issues, ... It's not perfect, but atleast they're working hard on a solution.
    What? there would be no issues with names if the names werent the only identification. We already have battletags, if they just integrated them more or just came up with new ID system, they could merge dozen of realms without any namechanging shenanigans, they could do the same for guild names and excuses of the "but someone is gonna mistake that troll/nub for ME and starts spreading shit about ME" sort are just excuses, any sensible person would doublecheck before they believed ANYTHING on the trade chat after years of experience with it. Same nicks arent an issue in plethora of games, even in those with milions of players, why should it suddenly be a problem in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorette View Post
    I like the idea of this. HOWEVER, my one and only complaint with the game is that I wish they could implement something in the game to where you do NOT have to be in a group with people from spanish speaking servers (such as Ragnaros). Those are by far the worst people to play with, as they don't understand how to play. The worse LFR/LFD groups I have been in have been with these groups, and I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    You are not the only person for sure, they need everything, they harass constantly in Spanish or Portuguese. They seem like they are assholes just to be assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you please think of the names!

To fix the pop problem present everywhere, is much more important than few names, which could easily be remedied if realm sigs were next to it. Lets see how this goes, because so far, Blizz has done nothing to fix the problem.

Keeping unsubbed until I see an actual change, otherwise whats the point of playing if the play experience is not the same within all realms(pvp, pve, rp, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You are not the only person for sure, they need everything, they harass constantly in Spanish or Portuguese. They seem like they are assholes just to be assholes.
    Quoted for the truthies! I feel bad for whatever servers get stuck with all them Portuguese d-bags!

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post

I humbly beg forgiveness if it's been brought up on the thread already. Or somewhere else on MMO Champion.

Via testing I've done I can confirm that the following is possible cross connected server :

* guild invites (nothing like getting spammed for g invites from a different server)
    * guild charter signing (adding my signature to a MVP PTR Guild started by Zalki on Brill (EU)

I have just one thing to say: Very nice!

I might even consider coming back when this goes live...

So "connected realms" is what they call "server merging" these days? Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    So "connected realms" is what they call "server merging" these days? Interesting...
    Except it doesn't have the usual downsides of actually merging the physical servers.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

So what I'm wondering now is. I have most of my chars + main at a PvP server.

Now I also play on a PvE server and I went to sent over some more heirlooms to that character

Is it possible to do so ?

Deleted
    It boggles my mind everytime server population issues are brought up.

Why cant they just do it like so many other MMOs before them and simply implement good ol' channel system? I can not think of a more elastic solution to this problem

Oh wow, do they really claim that it is not due to falling active player numbers?

I wonder if it's just combining low population realms together to balance up sort of one big balanced realm? There will be no touching one sided high population realms I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I wonder if it's just combining low population realms together to balance up sort of one big balanced realm? There will be no touching one sided high population realms I hope?
    They are balancing populations. for example, they see a server with 4000 alliance and 1000 horde they will try and balance it with a server that has 4000 horde and 1000 alliance. I do not understand why it is a bad thing. Also they should abolish this stupid ass battle group thing for PvP and make a global PvP Que.

Quote Originally Posted by The Distortion View Post
    So what I'm wondering now is. I have most of my chars + main at a PvP server.

Now I also play on a PvE server and I went to sent over some more heirlooms to that character

Is it possible to do so ?
    Only if those servers are Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They are balancing populations. for example, they see a server with 4000 alliance and 1000 horde they will try and balance it with a server that has 4000 horde and 1000 alliance. I do not understand why it is a bad thing. Also they should abolish this stupid ass battle group thing for PvP and make a global PvP Que.

They have already removed that barrier between battlegroups. Well, atleast partly.

Deleted
    good update was time

Nice thanks! How about pandaria? Is that a "crz" now aswell or like before? And Isle of thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawor View Post
    Nice thanks! How about pandaria? Is that a "crz" now aswell or like before? And Isle of thunder.
    Isle of Thunder is on some realms. Pandaria mainland isn't so far.