Question about Heroic Dark Animus and Chi Wave

How do so many Brewmaster Monks use Chi Wave on Heroic Dark Animus and not pull a bunch of adds to them?!

My Chi Wave keeps pulling multiple adds to me and it's causing wipes.

By the way we are working on Zerg Strat.

Anyone have any insight? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Zerg Tactic.

Normally people have threat on their adds, but with the Zerg, you're pushing a lot more dps on Animus, which means they don't have threat on the adds.

How are the healers doing 100k+ HPS and not pulling agro? Or the Warlocks casting Curse of Doom on anything not pulling agro?

Our hunter was even frontloading his add and I still pulled with one bounce =\.

Do people just need more threat? It just doesn't seem like those adds follow a normal threat table

EDIT: There were several attempts where everything was fine and I wasn't pulling multiple adds to me. But then there's attempts where I do pull multiple adds from all sorts of places.

I don't think people are doing anything different =\

Any advice? Do they just need more threat? How should the zerg strat be attemped? Should people stay on their add until 50% health or something?
    Last edited by Arieth; 2013-08-05 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arieth View Post
    How are the healers doing 100k+ HPS and not pulling agro? Or the Warlocks casting Curse of Doom on anything not pulling agro?

Our hunter was even frontloading his add and I still pulled with one bounce =\.

Do people just need more threat? It just doesn't seem like those adds follow a normal threat table
    Tanks have a threat modifier meaning even tiny damage equals out to some serious dps/hps. Our monk uses Chi Wave and it bounces often to other player adds, we had this issue to begin with but we moved further away from DA to prevent the bounce to our add.

With people moving farther away from Animus did your healers have range issues? Were your healers standing in a specific position around the center of the room so they can hit everyone?

Personally I think I'm going to go with Zen Sphere. Seems a little safer to deal with and hopeful can be positioned to tick on DA and not the little ones.

Deleted
    I used Zen Sphere too after Chi Wave caused issues with threat, and it's a pretty good alternative. It goes off automatically when you drop low and it'll heal for 300k+, which can be a lifesaver.

I make sure our monk tank doesn't use Chi Wave until about 1:30 into the fight, at which point all of the active small anima golems are dealt with.

Edit: Didn't see your mention of Zerg Strat. Take above posters advice!
    Last edited by EaseNCP; 2013-08-05 at 10:16 PM.

Generally the raid won't have as much aggro on the golems during the zerg strat. Just delay throwing your chi wave until later in the fight. Wait until about a minute in and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by iKrow View Post
    Generally the raid won't have as much aggro on the golems during the zerg strat. Just delay throwing your chi wave until later in the fight. Wait until about a minute in and you should be fine.
    If he's going to wait that long to use Chi wave he might as well use one of the other talents that won't pull the golems away from the ranged.