Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Another thing to keep in mind. Installing new software will increase the risk that your deleted files will be overwritten (the newly free space being used by the new software), so if you really want to get your files back, your best bet is to take out the hard drive, install the programs on a seperate PC and run them on that with the old hard drive plugged in with USB case for example.

    Its a small chance that new software will overwrite JUST the part you need to restore, but its still a chance. And with a situation like this, you need all the luck you can get, so risking it wouldnt be ideal

  2. #22
    Deleted
    I had good experience with TestDisk) on linux when I accidentally formatted my photo hard drive. Oops. :P

  3. #23
    Go through this utility to get back all your data which has been removed. Use free trial version first, in trial version you are able to see preview of recover data.

    recoverydeletedfiles . com
    Thanks

  4. #24
    The easiest way to recover lost files is to use some data recovery software. Installing it in a partition different from where the lost files were can avoid the risk of overwriting them. Perhaps Bitwar Data Recovery could work better here. It has a feature called Preview, which allows users to preview what files they can retrieve without charge. And it supports both mac and win systems.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ringwraith View Post
    The easiest way to recover lost files is to use some data recovery software. Installing it in a partition different from where the lost files were can avoid the risk of overwriting them. Perhaps Bitwar Data Recovery could work better here. It has a feature called Preview, which allows users to preview what files they can retrieve without charge. And it supports both mac and win systems.
    How do you people find these threads? Most google searches will only bring up websites from 2-3 years ago not 7 years.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    How do you people find these threads? Most google searches will only bring up websites from 2-3 years ago not 7 years.
    Not people, it's a bot designed to advertise "Bitwar Data Recovery". Most likely it searches for threads on related subjects, where they spam posts like this
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Not people, it's a bot designed to advertise "Bitwar Data Recovery". Most likely it searches for threads on related subjects, where they spam posts like this
    I know. Just a thin sliver of hope that it is a genuine poster that goofed instead of an adbot.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  8. #28
    I used Minitool partition wizard, when i lost all my data on one of my old disk. it recovered about 85% of my data. I have used it a few times since and it has worked every time. Im running the pro version now, with i life time license
    Intel core i9 9900k: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master: PNY RTX 2080 XLR8 OC Twin 8GB: CORSAIR RMx 750W: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3200MHz: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian li pc-o11 dynamic: Acer Predator xb271hu: Custom water cooled

  9. #29
    Moderator chazus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    16,818
    CLosing this, as its almost a decade old.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

    IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •